Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recently Watched

Go down 
+24
Casa
Rman
Ntity
testtubebaby
Talking Sock
KittensOnACloud
Old School
Mishimi
L Ron Hubbard
Charlie Sheen
MustyElbow
Eevil-Psycho
Zero
Neo
Ace
SimianWonder
Baal
Kaio
Ellis
Skip
Kaede
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
Dr. Chocolate
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Recently Watched - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 4:50 pm

It has a Pan in it. Pan and Faun are interchangeable. It's like that other film, El Laberinto del Mr Tumnus.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 5:46 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
It's like that other film, El Laberinto del Mr Tumnus.

That genuinely made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 2:47 am

V/H/S 2.

Well... It was funnier than the first one, I'll give it that. I kept hearing it was better than the first, and I assumed that meant it was a better horror film, when really I guess everyone meant it was more entertaining. If anything it was less scary than the first. At least the first one had that decent vampire/succubus bit. What it didn't have was a zombie that got depressed and commited suicide.

Or aliens with a spaceship equipped with a claxon set to go off whenever they appeared on camera, a mobile smoke machine to always slightly-but-not-really obscure them from view, and multicoloured floodlights so they're permanently back lit. And they also wave their arms around like a 10 year old pretending to be a ghost.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 10:22 am

The Darkest Hour.

Relatively low budget alien invasion sci-fi, and it was a bit rubbish. It's set in Moscow, though follows a bunch of American twenty-somethings and an annoying Australian who are caught up in the aftermath of an invasion by invisible bio-electric stealing aliens that resemble glowing orbs of light.

The effects are hit-and-miss, some bits looks alright, the wider scale shots not faring so well, but the biggest problem was the script. People do stupid things for no real reason, you're given no real reason to care about any of the dwindling main cast and the aliens - as deadly as they are shown to be - are simply not scary.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 12:03 pm

Watched Riddick last night, the unnecessary sequel to Chronicles of Riddick, itself an unnecessary sequel to cult sci-fi film Pitch Black.

And it was fairly awful. Riddick is betrayed by some of the group he was left ruling at the end of the last film, and is left for dead on a hostile planet. He has to use his wits to re-discover his savage side, before luring some merc groups down to try and steal their ship. Some special effects shots were woeful, the supporting cast were as one dimensional as it's possible to be and despite efforts to revert to Pitch Black's tension over Chronicles of Riddick's sprawling sci-fi, it never really does either very well. It's quite gory too, not normally a problem but here it serves no purpose. Pitch Black was a horror film at heart and that far tenser than this, despite showing far less. There was even a bit of sequel bait at the end, and a fourth film is certainly wholly without merit; Riddick was a great character in Pitch Black, but they've shown too much of him too retain any mystery or charm he may once have had.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 1:28 pm

I liked Riddick if only for the extended Mad Max homage at the beginning.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 9:09 pm

Pain & Gain.

I actually quite enjoyed it, though the rather sympathetic treatment of the central characters did seem rather at odds with their character flaws; they're narcissistic, drug-addled kidnappers, fraudsters and murderers, yet the tone of the film paints them as mild-mannered nice guys who just got things a bit wrong. Still, like I said, I enjoyed it nonetheless, no doubt in part to Wahlberg, Johnson & Mackie's natural charisma.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 12:16 am

Went to see Transcendence on a whim while I was in town. I was the only one in the screening. I liked that it ended up being pretty neutral about the idea of advanced AI, rather than just using it as a cheap villain. An okay film.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 12:39 pm

Ender's Game

Basically, earth was invaded fifty years ago by a numerically and technologically superior opponent, and they were beaten by one man's near-kamikaze tactics. Flash forward to current day, and we're waiting for them to try again, training children to try and find those with the tactical nous to defeat the soon-to-return-in-far-greater-numbers adversary. It's perfectly serviceable, but pretty generic sci-fi, with a twist or two at the end, at least one of which you'll see coming a mile off.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 4:46 pm

robocop (2014)

the worst remake ive ever seen. the characters felt out of place & most of them didnt need to be there, gary oldman was brilliant but the film was unsaveable unfortunately
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 4:50 pm

It was that bad?
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 5:23 pm

worse, it felt dumbed down to get it rated 12A. there was the obligatory "dead or alive" speach but it wasnt delivered with any conviction, just put in for the sake of it & a little sentance "i wouldn't buy that for a dollar".... ye WOULDN'T... its not even the right sentance but they stuck it in there anyway
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 1:24 am

The Borderlands.
Really really really really dull "found footage" "horror" film.

RIPD
An okay odd-couple/buddy fantasy action movie. Or to put it another way, an okay Men In Black rip off. Jeff Bridges was clearly having fun, which is mostly what made it watchable. I get the feeling a lot of stuff was cut out.

Special Identity
Donnie Yen action movie. He's an undercover cop in a gang and the rest of the story is pretty predictable. Wasn't great on the action front. Car chase was cool though.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 1:30 am

Moose, have you seen The Raid 2 yet?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 1:37 am

No. I missed it at the cinema and then forgot about it. I suppose I could easily find it though.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 1:38 am

I just thought of it because going by your description the plot is identical to Special Identity, presumably better action though.
Back to top Go down
KittensOnACloud
Official Sandwich Maker
KittensOnACloud

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 11:46 pm

Sex Tape.

Very uncomfortable movie to watch with elders.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 11:50 pm

I just watched Labyrinth as I'm on a nostalgia bend. It's still pretty great. Weird, though.
Back to top Go down
KittensOnACloud
Official Sandwich Maker
KittensOnACloud

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 12:06 am

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
Rurouni Kenshin

loved this anime when I was younger, apparently there's a 2012 live action movie about it.

it's pretty good, it's very true to the anime, it pretty much follows it completely as far as I can recall. it doesn't cover the entire story though, it ends after Kenshin saves Kaoru from the fake Battosai and he brings her home.

apparently there's gonna be 2 more movies though to cover the entire story with Shishio.

but as I said, it's pretty good, it's also in Japanese and as I said, pretty true to the anime, so if you loved that, you're gonna love the movie.

I saw part one a while back and I am looking forward to part two, myself. I don't know if its due to the nostalgia but I absolutely loved the live action movie. I thought the actors portrayed the characters fairly well; The fight with Jinei has always been a favourite throughout the series as well, so I thought I was being biased. Razz

PS: I got a glimpse of the second movie's trailer, and I swear I saw a character that looked somewhat similar Aoshi. Did you pick up on that?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 12:25 am

Skipio wrote:
I just watched Labyrinth as I'm on a nostalgia bend. It's still pretty great. Weird, though.
David Bowie right?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 12:39 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Skipio wrote:
David Bowie right?
Yeah, David Bowie. There's also a talking puppet of a terrier using an actual dog as a horse, and Bowie is still the weirdest thing in the film.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 1:01 am

Turbo.

It was alright. The fact that there were already other racing snails who could do crazy shit far beyond what a snail should be able to do made Turbo getting super powers seem kind of redundant. He could have just hung out with the other snails and been happy. But I'm guessing they started with the idea of "A snail wins the Indy 500" and then worked backwards.

I thought at the end they were going to do that, since he loses his powers but is content be a normal racing snail with his racing friends. But then he gets his powers back for some reason. Probably because it's a kids movie so who cares, right?

Also, the champion of the thing the main character aspires to win being a source of inspiration at first, but then when the main character meets him he's a dick and becomes a villain, is a trope that I'm tired of. The dude was the best F1 driver in the world and presumably worked very hard to get there. Of course he's going to be pissed off when a 230mph snail comes along to snatch his title away.

But, you know, kid's movie. I did like the way the snails used their eye-stalks as arms sometimes. Looked weird and funny.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 12:20 am

Lucy

what the actual fuck. first of all, that we only use 10% of our brain stuff is absolute bullshit to begin with. but what batcrazy shit they pull off when supposedly someone unlocks more percentage of her brain is so insanely stupid.

oh, and if you're a person that has unlocked his brain, at that time, for 20% and you need to ask someone else to do a medical procedure on you, and you need to ask someone else what an actual drug is and what it does, YOU'RE NOT THAT FUCKING SMART are you? with your brain at 20% which is double the percentage of what "normal" humans have.

then it just got more silly as the movie progressed, it made absolutely no sense whatsoever, but it was fun to watch and had some silly jokes which got some chuckles.
Back to top Go down
KittensOnACloud
Official Sandwich Maker
KittensOnACloud

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 4:42 pm

The other woman.

Meh. I thought it would have been funnier and not much of a feel good movie. 5.2/10
Also Nikki Minaj can't act for sh*t; it was painful to watch her even though she appeared for like only two minutes throughout the entire film. Its as bad as Kim Kardashian in Temptations.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 7:45 pm

American Hustle.

Good cast, well acted, but the ending was a bit half-arsed. The Mayor, the only guy in the whole film who was genuinely trying to make things better got utterly shafted and all the con-men, glory hunters and other douchebags got off pretty much scot-free. Crime pays for the criminals was the message I got from it, not sure that was meant to be the point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recently Watched
Page 13 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 29  Next