Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just Cause 2

Go down 
+8
Kaio
Kaede
Rockstar_Sinistar
Baal
Kimarous
A_Nonny_Moose
Neo
Superbuu3
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

Just Cause 2 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 8:23 am

God damn, that's pretty impressive!
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:47 pm

Completion post game just involves finding all the items and blowing up all the marked structures. There's like 350 military bases/towns/villages/cities in the game, each one can be 100%ed finding all the items/blowing up all the stuff in it. Not to mention there are 4 pretty big city districts. In some of them each item/structure isn't even 1% of that single location. Finding everything in those is going to be like hunting pigeons in GTA4.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 4:02 pm

Just spent the last 45 minutes in Panau City Financial District base jumping off of skyscrapers to the Dark Knight sound track.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:22 am

Well, I am starting to get bored with it now. But I suppose playing a game with 10 hour story for 70 hours will do that.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:24 am

Was it worth buying though?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:27 am

Of course it was. I've racked up 70 hours. I'm up to 52% completion or something.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:27 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Of course it was. I've racked up 70 hours. I'm up to 52% completion or something.

I'm sure people racked up a similar amount of time on FFXII but they didn't think it was worth buying
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:34 am

They're idiots for playing it that long then. And that's an RPG. This is sandbox game, with a very short main story. It's the best sandbox game of the current generation, and the one that's lasted me the longest. I think I got 40 hours on RDR, and that was nearly all spent on the story I'd say, since there's fuck all else to do.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:36 am

alright cool i'll pick this up on thursday probably, i hope its 25 in game now i wanna buy this with store credit.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 5:00 pm

Well, I'm not as bored as I thought, since I've now reached 100 hours in the game, and it's nearly 70% complete. I spent some time checking out all the easter eggs, which was entertaining. Went back to the Lost island to see the hatch and the smoke man. Saw the beached whale, the skull island, the bubble gun, and some other stuff I can't remember. I haven't checked out the little shark fin thing yet though.

Also changed up what weapons I used to make things a bit newer. Using mainly short range weapons now, which does make it a bit more fun. Although when it comes to military bases I usually go straight for the mini guns, because they have unlimited ammo and rip through anything.

Also started using triggered explosives more. Rarely used them before because you almost never find them, which means buying them 20 at a time from the black market. But I've got tons of money now so I don't mind.

Also bought the air pack DLC thing. The extra plane is useless and I haven't used the rocket launcher, but the parachute thrusters are great. Makes getting around by parachute even easier.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 5:28 pm

this game looked cool when baal played it while he was visiting, and reading some of the story stuff via wikipedia/tvtropes/4chan/etc. etc. tells me it gets brutal.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 5:32 pm

The story is utter nonsense.

Rico has some awesome lines though. He's actually the kind of character who says, without any irony, "It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it". I also like his victory chant after destroying an oil pipeline. "Try transporting fuel now you pipeline jerks!".
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 5:36 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Well, I'm not as bored as I thought, since I've now reached 100 hours in the game, and it's nearly 70% complete. I spent some time checking out all the easter eggs, which was entertaining. Went back to the Lost island to see the hatch and the smoke man. Saw the beached whale, the skull island, the bubble gun, and some other stuff I can't remember. I haven't checked out the little shark fin thing yet though.

Also changed up what weapons I used to make things a bit newer. Using mainly short range weapons now, which does make it a bit more fun. Although when it comes to military bases I usually go straight for the mini guns, because they have unlimited ammo and rip through anything.

Also started using triggered explosives more. Rarely used them before because you almost never find them, which means buying them 20 at a time from the black market. But I've got tons of money now so I don't mind.

Also bought the air pack DLC thing. The extra plane is useless and I haven't used the rocket launcher, but the parachute thrusters are great. Makes getting around by parachute even easier.

Like a jetpack?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 5:44 pm

It's a kind of jet pack. You can't hover or anything. It's just another way of propelling yourself when you have the parachute open. Usually you use the grapple, but when there's nothing in range you can't. So the thrusters just give you a boost. It doesn't change the way you control the parachute at all.

You do have to buy it again every time you die or start up the game though, which is annoying.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:20 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
It's a kind of jet pack. You can't hover or anything. It's just another way of propelling yourself when you have the parachute open. Usually you use the grapple, but when there's nothing in range you can't. So the thrusters just give you a boost. It doesn't change the way you control the parachute at all.

You do have to buy it again every time you die or start up the game though, which is annoying.

You can't save with it equipped?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:25 pm

If you quit the game or die, you have to buy it again.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:39 pm

There's a bunch of DLC items. All the pre-order items are up individually for 80 points each, which is about 70p or something. No idea how much they are on the PS3 though. The two packs have 3 items each, and I think they're 160 points each. The thrusters and the air gun are the only things from each pack that I actually bother with though, and the air gun I only use occasionally, for fun.

The main reason I don't bother with the DLC weapons is that most of them use unique ammo, so once you run out you have to buy them again.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:44 pm

The game also does the infinite water thing if you fly away from the map. I set a marker on the edge to see how far out you could go. Got bored at 100km. Luckily you can still use the black market while you're in water, so I just extracted back.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 6:41 pm

Oh where, oh where is the final black box? Oh where, oh where can it be? ;_;
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 6:48 pm

Just get rid of all the other map icons apart from them and look for it.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:51 pm

I've done that and it's STILL a bitch to find...
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:19 pm

Well, I haven't got that point yet. I think I have 50 black boxes collected, and about 30 drug drops and skulls. Starting to regret taking a systematic approach to wrecking everything as well, since I now end up in one area most of the time. Pretty much the whole north of the map is completely completed, apart from two of the city areas. So now I'm pretty much always in the desert or in that archipelago in the south east.

Mind you, the desert is my favourite area of the map I think. It's most the fun area to off road in, and the most area to traverse in general really.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 5:40 am