Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just Cause 2

Go down 
+8
Kaio
Kaede
Rockstar_Sinistar
Baal
Kimarous
A_Nonny_Moose
Neo
Superbuu3
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:07 pm

Don't forget it has the island from Lost.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:14 pm

Kaio wrote:
Don't forget it has the island from Lost.
seriously?

is it a recreation? or just based on?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:23 pm

Based on.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:54 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Kaio wrote:
I'm really interested in this game too.

It just looks really fun i played the demo and the opportunities to piss around seem quite huge. I also like the mulptiple options to deal with a mission. The fact its such a big playing field really just sweetens the deal.

I'm really just debating if i finish of VC before i get this. The games dropped to around 25 here and i think thats a fair price for a game that looks this cool.

I was tempted to get RDR but the fact is old games have old guns and I hate old school guns. I'll probably get that eventually but way down the line. JC2 looks like the most interesting game around at the minute until AC2 complete has a price drop. I don't think any particularly interesting releases will be coming out till like september.
What do you mean by "old school guns"? The game has an assortment of revolvers, more modern pistols (it takes place in 1911), repeater rifles like the Winchester or Henry, more powerful rifles like the bolt-action, four kinds of shotguns (including a semi-automatic one), two sniper rifles, a handful of thrown weapons, and the traditional melee options of hunting knife and fists.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 11:19 pm

Kimarous wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Kaio wrote:
I'm really interested in this game too.

It just looks really fun i played the demo and the opportunities to piss around seem quite huge. I also like the mulptiple options to deal with a mission. The fact its such a big playing field really just sweetens the deal.

I'm really just debating if i finish of VC before i get this. The games dropped to around 25 here and i think thats a fair price for a game that looks this cool.

I was tempted to get RDR but the fact is old games have old guns and I hate old school guns. I'll probably get that eventually but way down the line. JC2 looks like the most interesting game around at the minute until AC2 complete has a price drop. I don't think any particularly interesting releases will be coming out till like september.
What do you mean by "old school guns"? The game has an assortment of revolvers, more modern pistols (it takes place in 1911), repeater rifles like the Winchester or Henry, more powerful rifles like the bolt-action, four kinds of shotguns (including a semi-automatic one), two sniper rifles, a handful of thrown weapons, and the traditional melee options of hunting knife and fists.

1911 is modern to you o_O
How old are you? Razz

Assuming the game is authentic guns shoot slowly have appalling aim, kickback etc.

In the west quick draws were never settled with one bullet people would empty clips at each other from a distance and pretty much the lucky one would be the one who won.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 11:21 pm

There's no difference between a pistol in RDR and a pistol in GTA4.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 11:26 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
There's no difference between a pistol in RDR and a pistol in GTA4.

just looked now

only the high powered pistol looks like a modern day gun the semi automatic ans mauser looks like relics
i didn't bother looking at revolvers as i doubt i could tell between an old one and modern ones
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 11:46 pm

It doesn't matter what it looks like. The only thing that determines accuracy is the player.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 11:51 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
It doesn't matter what it looks like. The only thing that determines accuracy is the player.

Actually I'm pretty sure the game trumps the player.

If the gun is meant to be inaccurate it will be. If the guns not innaccurate its got arcade style shooting. If its an arcade style shooter it effects the gameplay and the time period is largely aesthetic when we're talking gun play. Obviously its set in the old west for story purposes and because its cool, but i digress.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:08 am

What the fuck are you talking about? You haven't played the game. Guns don't have different levels of accuracy.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:11 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
What the fuck are you talking about? You haven't played the game. Guns don't have different levels of accuracy.

That pretty much answers my question its an arcade shooter.

Its extremely common these days for guns to shoot around a target. i.e. if you aim for someones head you can still miss. You have the other type of game where guns don't have accuracy where you can actually snipe with a handgun.

Those are gameplay mechanics they're definitely not determined by the player though.

Also that pretty much means the guns are just effectively skins on the GTA guns. Your not really shooting with cowboy guns even if they look like them.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:14 am

Who cares?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:18 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Who cares?
Me, I prefer realistic shooters. I've mentioned this countless times.

Games with those kinda mechanics are generally cake walks in single player.

I'm not really expecting just cause 2 to be hard but jumping a car off a cliff to high jack a helicopter is seriously cool.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:27 am

Who wants to aim at something at still miss? The guns various rates of fire, power, range, ammo capacity, etc.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:31 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Who wants to aim at something at still miss? The guns various rates of fire, power, range, ammo capacity, etc.

Well that part i'm not that interested in, although it does mean there is a point in changing guns, typically in that scenario i'd choose the fastest fire rate as i can pull off a bunch of headshots in seconds (obviously this changes with human opponents), whereas if they miss i'll change my gun according to the situation. I do however like the gameplay mechanics based around running/shooting, standing/crouching/prone, it changes how you have to play things and makes them a lot more tactical.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:22 pm

Seriously thinking about getting this now, since there's no games coming out for a few months.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:03 pm

God damn it. 100%ing this game is clearly going to be a bitch. I'm trying to destroy one of those oil platforms. I blew up one of them 100%, and now I'm on another one and there's one more thing to blow up and I can't find it!
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:24 pm

This is a bloody good game.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 2:44 am

One problem I'm having is that I keep forgetting that X is handbrake in this game. I'm used to it being A, so a lot of the time instead of doing a handbrake turn I end up leaping out of the vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 2:47 am

If you are going for 100%, remember to keep your eyes open. Some destructables and collectables are not within defined settlements. In particular, keep your eyes open near bridges and overpasses; many of them have upgrade pickups on each side.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 2:58 am

I've just figured out what makes this game look so awesome. It's the motion blur. It makes everything look gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 3:25 am

No, A where X is. I keep pressing it thinking it's the handbrake.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 3:28 am

I've only done about 4 mission in 6 hours. This has to be the ultimate sandbox game.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 4:18 am

In gameplay at least. Certain story developments are bound to irk you something fierce.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 4:38 am

Pssh, I couldn't give a toss about the story. The voice acting is so horrendous that I barely listen to anything people say.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Cause 2
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Games :: Action Adventure-
Jump to: