Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got assassin's creed 2

Go down 
+11
Rockstar_Sinistar
Talking Sock
Kaio
Kimarous
Skip
Haseoviawesome
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
A_Nonny_Moose
Kaede
Maskull
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 9:32 pm

This is cool, i'm enjoying it so far but seriously 100 feathers?

How the hell am i supposed to find those, is there a point?

Also bad guy being bad was horribly obvious, why can't games at least attempt to hide the villain
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 9:50 pm

The feathers are optional. AFAIK the only thing it accomplishes is returning the memory of mom.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 11:16 pm

Yeah, if you collect all the feathers your mother gets a bit better and makes you a new cape with the Auditore crest on it. It makes you constantly notorious, so guards always chase after you as soon as they see you.

Never used the cape, but I still went after the feathers because I like stuff like that. I would have 1000/1000 on AC1, but there was one Templar I couldn't find. I do have 1000/1000 on AC2.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 12:07 am

AC1 was tedious comparatively. There were so many freaking flags and the templars more often then not found me plus i couldn't even be assed with the missions which included flag collecting >_>.

I kinda like climbing buildings so i'll probably get it. The high notoreity thing sounds good for a laugh so i guess i'll try and get all the feathers then. I'm not so bothered about the happy ending.

I probably put 4-5 hours into this and only on sequence 3 so this game seems pretty lengthy given the context although admittedly i have a huge tendency to faff about in this game as i like running on rooftops a lot. Especially when a mob is after me. Though they do seem to lose you pretty quickly in this one.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 12:21 am

Yeah, chases were better in the first one. Mainly I just didn't like that you needed the map to get through AC2.

Can't remember how long the game took me, but bear in mind the later sequences are pretty short. I think it was about 20 hours. And I think 50 hours to get to 100%.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 12:30 am

I'm guessing you used no maps or anything?

I'll probably clock in something similar. Mind i'm playing this till Ken's rage is out and when thats out i'm probably not gonna play anything else for ages.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 12:47 am

I didn't bother with the feathers. Just cbf.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 12:59 am

First time through AC1 I used all the normal stuff. Second time through I used nothing. Once you get the bearings of the major landmarks you can find your way around the cities without a map, and since AC1 had no day/night cycle, you could use your shadow as a compass.

Plus you actually got given directions to missions as well. The guy would say "You need to do this things. You'll find this to north near a market, this guy to the west near a church, etc", and you could find them on your own. It actually made eagle vision important too.

That's why when I played AC2 I saved as many of the collectibles as I could until the end of the game. Especially the landmark glyphs. Then I turned everything off, learned the layout and looked for them by sight. The day/night cycle makes maintaining a sense of direction more difficult, but you can do it.

I think in Florence I used that big building in the middle of the city. You could see it from anywhere, and it ran east-west, with a dome on the east side and a tower on the west side. Or vice-versa, I can't remember.

Finding viewpoints could be done by sight in AC1 too, since an eagles flew around each un-synced point. You could either look or listen for the eagles to find them. But in AC2, the eagles continue to fly around the view points even after you've synced them, so there's no way to know what you've without checking the map.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:06 am

Is there a point to syncing all viewpoints i'm gonna do it either way just cause i enjoy climbing up buildings.

BTW ami the only one who feels that ezio likes to jump off buildings a lot more then altair. I didn't have much problems scaling buildings or mistiming jumps on Altair in this one though Ezio does stupid things like jump into thin air when i want him to grab something in arms reach i.e. he turns and jumps instead of that side jump he does.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:07 am

Well the map gets completed when you sinc them all. That's about it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 11:55 pm

I am up to the point where you get the altair flashback and then go back into the animus.

So far only done one of the secret locations, but that one was pretty cool. I do like the indoor platforming in this game it reminds me of prince of persia a lot.

Still can't desmond and by the time Ass creed 4 is out i'm sure we're gonna have to play him, which will be freaking annoying. Also Ezio is starting to annoy me, never thought i'd prefer altair to anyone (well except desmond). This series has a tendency to really make you hate everyone and Lucy looks fucked up, she looked creepy in the first one but this time her eyes and mouth are just weird.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:08 am

Getting to play as Desmond was a relief after playing as Ezio. Not that I particularly like Desmond, but at least something was finally happening with the actual story. Plus he only had one blade, and I much prefer one hidden blade to two. Seriously, you had better be able to unequip the second blade in later games.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:35 am

What exactly do you dislike about two blades?

The only thing that pisses me off is i've killed civilians who are next to a guard due to the double kill thing.

I guess the kills aren't as subtle and from a realism point of view thats tarded.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:37 am

The counter-kill animations for a single blade are a hell of a lot more satisfying.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:39 am

You guys are lame.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:42 am

One thing that was great about AC2 over the first one was that you could do assassinations with any of the weapons. As long as someone doesn't notice you, you can do a stealth kill with a sword or dagger or anything. My favourite was the stab to the heart with the dagger.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:49 am

yeah they have made some unusual changes, but generally speaking the game is a lo better, its just a shame i don't give two craps about ezio's story it seem really dull so far.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 8:05 am

Best improvements this game has are:
The extra variety of weapons, especially having a blade at each wrist
Swimming, it was so annoying to get killed at each time I fall into the water when I have to kill that idiot shooting arrows like a noodnick
The new ways of stealth kills, mainly the pull off a cliff kill
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 4:54 pm

I've yet to beat this game. XD
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 3:23 pm

You still haven't beaten it? Finish it
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 4:18 pm

Damn This game is just not equal to the sum of its parts. We have better combat, better platforming, cool selection of weapons considerably less faffing about and at the same time its good but not great.

I think the biggest flaw is being stuck in the assassin world, Ezio is really just ht biggest twat ever. Altair monologuing made him infinitely more interesting, he sensed things weren't wuite right and was fairly defiant i kinda liked that. Ezio just feels like a tool. Also i don't see how this is helping desmond all that much considering he already has learnt all of his parkour moves why am i not seeing updates. If this was more gradual i think i'd have been more intrigued.

I also find myself skipping or not paying attn to story cut scenes cause there simply boring, the minimising the death speeches from the first one seemed like a good thing but there's no reflection, I kind aliked how everyone pointed you out as the villain in number 1 in number 2 your meant to be the good guy when we've had little reason within this actual game supporting it unless there is some big reveal at the end. This game kinda assumed you know the story inside out which is bad story telling people do forget things.

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
One thing that was great about AC2 over the first one was that you could do assassinations with any of the weapons. As long as someone doesn't notice you, you can do a stealth kill with a sword or dagger or anything. My favourite was the stab to the heart with the dagger.

Dude you can still do this i got a stealth kill with the war hammer and bludgeoned someone to death and did another with a long sword and impaled them. IF your too far back though he just does a crappy one hit kill thing.

Also i'm annoyed i didn't discover the ebony ivory outfit earlier it is fucking sexy, i tghink i'll trade in my altair armour just to play in it some more.

Not like i need the armour. This game is waaaaaaay too easy to the point its kinda annoying the platforming indoors is godly though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 4:26 pm

Huh? I know you can do it in AC2. That's what I said. It's one of the things that AC2 did better than the first.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 4:34 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Huh? I know you can do it in AC2. That's what I said. It's one of the things that AC2 did better than the first.

I'm being retarded ignore me. Although i'm pretty sure you could do it in one as well. I didn't use the dagger though so i dunno if that one worked.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 4:39 pm

Also, yeah, there is a big reveal at the end. But you still don't need to pay attention to Ezio's story because the big reveal has absolutely nothing to do with him. So just watch the final scenes.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 10:33 pm

I'm currently playing the NDS sequel to this game: "Assassins Creed 2 Discovery", it's just run and kill, not as fun as the PS3 game, at least stealth makes up for it

Last edited by Spider-Aziz on Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got assassin's creed 2
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next