Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got assassin's creed 2

Go down 
+11
Rockstar_Sinistar
Talking Sock
Kaio
Kimarous
Skip
Haseoviawesome
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
A_Nonny_Moose
Kaede
Maskull
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 1:23 pm

Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 329382243_ef33ff7ab8
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 2:04 pm

Kaio wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Wow. I had forgotten nearly all the stuff from the first game. I remember now feeling pretty pissed off that they teased us by setting up a really interesting future in the emails and then just having the game take place in the past and that small room. You can barely even see anything outside the windows other than vague shapes that look like buildings.

Seriously, in a few emails that you aren't even guaranteed to see during the game, since you can miss the opportunity to steal the access pens, they set up a world where 96% of Africa's population was wiped out in a plague, piracy is so rife that every film studio in America has shut down, and the President of Mexico is having to protect his borders from the masses of American immigrants.

That isn't mentioned even once in the second game.

They're going with a different future tragedy there.
Well that sucks. I assume the main story line is still the same though? With the Templars/ABSTERGO looking for the Piece of Eden so they can take over the world?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 2:09 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Kaio wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Wow. I had forgotten nearly all the stuff from the first game. I remember now feeling pretty pissed off that they teased us by setting up a really interesting future in the emails and then just having the game take place in the past and that small room. You can barely even see anything outside the windows other than vague shapes that look like buildings.

Seriously, in a few emails that you aren't even guaranteed to see during the game, since you can miss the opportunity to steal the access pens, they set up a world where 96% of Africa's population was wiped out in a plague, piracy is so rife that every film studio in America has shut down, and the President of Mexico is having to protect his borders from the masses of American immigrants.

That isn't mentioned even once in the second game.

They're going with a different future tragedy there.
Well that sucks. I assume the main story line is still the same though? With the Templars/ABSTERGO looking for the Piece of Eden so they can take over the world?
Yeap.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 4:24 pm

Enzio will be in Screed 3.

http://www.gamereactor.no/nyheter/119610/Ezio+i+Assassin%27s+Creed+III/

Quote :
Yesterday we were able to report that Ubisoft already working hard on a sequel to the popular Assassin's Creed series. Now, Ubisoft confirmed that the Italian assassin is one of the main characters in the next game, and that history will serve as a follow-up of Assassin's Creed II.

If everything goes according rails Ubisoft will launch the next game in 2011, and will be developed by the same studio that was behind its predecessor.

- We expect the new Assassin's Creed-our game will be a good quality product, which includes both offline and multiplayer components, "said Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot recently.

Guillemot also explained that they would use the same studios because they have spent a coalition of studios throughout the series to get a good end result.

The CEO also confirmed that the game will be in full-price category.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 4:31 pm

That's not AC3, just a follow-up to AC2. it'll probably be something like AC: Bloodlines.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 5:14 pm

That sounds like some sort of add-on pack. Like the GTA4 dlc story packs.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 5:20 pm

Yes, except this one is full price.

It's probably sequence 12 and 13 since those are missing in the actual game.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 5:21 pm

Ah, ok.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 5:24 pm

Sounds like a big FUCK YOU CONSUMERS to me.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:45 pm

Holy cow the new character models look freaky.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:58 pm

Oh for fucks sake. Did they really need a snarky British guy? This is going to be painful.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:04 pm

This British guy to be exact:

Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 70iYanyjhquu3qga10Ltp6MPo1_400

I hate him already.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:49 pm

Jesus this game is bloomy.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:53 pm

What?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:57 pm

The cutscenes are all covered in a shiny haze.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:23 pm

Well, admittedly I'm not very far into the game at all, but so far I'm preferring the first one, and for one reason. It was possible to play the first one with all the HUD elements off. I found that my second run through of AC1 was much more enjoyable because of that.

You'd need a quick look at the map the find out which was north, so you could figure out what direction the sun was in, and after that you could just use the sun and landmarks around the cities to navigate. The little assassin hideouts were or were near recognisable locations, so you could find them easily. And the assassins inside gave you directions and descriptions to and of the target areas so you could figure out where you had to go wihtout needing the map. View points were marked by an eagle flying around the top of them, which went away when you synced it, so you could tell which ones you had done. And the start menu and vague pictures of any other missions you needed to do so you could find them yourself.

So far with this game it's just "Hey, do this" and all there is to guide you is a blip on the mini-map. I was planning to do away with the HUD as soon as I got used to everything, but it doesn't seem like that's happening now. And the eagles don't stop circling the viewpoints you've synced either, so you can't tell if you've done them or not without looking at the map. Hopefully as the game goes on all the extra shit that the first game didn't have will make up for it.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:28 pm

It´s because this game isn´t a repetitive game where you´ve seen everything after an hour of playtime.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:44 pm

It's more satisfying to navigate around based on sight and knowledge than it is with a HUD map though. That's why when I started playing this game, I was immediately looking around for landmarks and trying to get my position and such. Then I realized that the sun moved and that I needed to have the map up anyway, so it was all pointless. It just immediately felt like a step back.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:58 pm

How dare this game have day and night!
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:05 pm

Oh stop being so damn obstinate all the damn time. Not having it worked in the first game's favour is all I'm saying. It was more enjoyable to have someone say "Go here, do this" and follow their directions by sight, than having some just say "Do this" and then going where the map tells you.

Like I said, I'm barely into the game, so maybe all the new combat features and such will be cool enough to make up for the less enjoyable navigation and exploration.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:16 pm

Well, I found the first piece of The Truth, and already the story seems a lot more involved. I'm liking that.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:00 pm

The climbing seems a tad more awkward in this one. The new blending system is great though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:41 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
It's more satisfying to navigate around based on sight and knowledge than it is with a HUD map though. That's why when I started playing this game, I was immediately looking around for landmarks and trying to get my position and such. Then I realized that the sun moved and that I needed to have the map up anyway, so it was all pointless. It just immediately felt like a step back.

this sounds cool if i ever bother playing this i'm gonna try that
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:55 am

Only do that if you're playing AC1. That game almost seemed designed to be played without the HUD. There's no chance of doing that in AC2. Without the map there is literally no way of knowing where you're supposed to go most of the time.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:57 pm

My god the dodging is awkward in this game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got assassin's creed 2   Got assassin's creed 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got assassin's creed 2
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next