Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today

Go down 
+10
Kaede
Skip
Talking Sock
SimianWonder
Baal
Maskull
Golden Boy
Rockstar_Sinistar
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 10:08 am

Um...what? I won a match then my following fight said I'd be demoted if I lost(and I did because it was Christie in the hands of an actual good player, although I started taking advantage of the person's weakness but it was already too late...). So yeah, bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 10:54 am

Also is Lili meant to be broken? I was almost winning a fight yet I lost because somehow my opponent's attack managed to hit me despite...clearly not. Like not even debate-worthy enough to see if she really hit me or not, she clearly didn't.

What the fux?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 4:22 pm

Promotion and demotion is based around fighting people of your own rank. If you fight someone more than 3 ranks outside your own, it makes no difference to your status. You must have lost to enough people around your own rank to get a demotion, and then fought people way outside your rank.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=928302&topic=52616371
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 5:07 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Promotion and demotion is based around fighting people of your own rank. If you fight someone more than 3 ranks outside your own, it makes no difference to your status. You must have lost to enough people around your own rank to get a demotion, and then fought people way outside your rank.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=928302&topic=52616371

But that's the thing, I didn't "lose to enough people", I was winning. Then all of a sudden another match comes and has demotion at the bottom despite winning a few fights before it. Which doesn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 5:15 pm

You must have been winning against people way outside your rank.

Although I do think there's some undiscovered jinks in the ranking system. I'm sure I've gotten a demotion risk after beating someone of my own rank.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 5:31 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
You must have been winning against people way outside your rank.

Although I do think there's some undiscovered jinks in the ranking system. I'm sure I've gotten a demotion risk after beating someone of my own rank.

And I think the person I fought prior to the demotion fight was around my rank too(since the rank symbol thingy or whatever looked like one near my rank's one).
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 10:13 pm

Gosh darn it. I do feel like learning someone new, but I actually enjoy playing as Lars quite a lot. I've done jusy over 600 ranked matches with him now, and although my win/loss record has slipped to about 53%, it's still fun to play as him. I want to get back up to Rogue though, at least.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 11:03 pm

Well, IMO, even though I haven't played for weeks, the best way to get better with a character is to watch vids of the best user of said character to single out the moves he uses and copy his general playstyle to a degree. Those are vids of the best (Japanese) Lars player:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8510821