Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Borderlands 1&2

Go down 
+12
SimianWonder
Eevil-Psycho
brandon
Neo
Skip
AZZ666
Maskull
A_Nonny_Moose
Kimarous
Superbuu3
Baal
Zero
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 2:08 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
The amount of pop culture references and easter eggs in this game is insane, even if most people will only get around half of them. It's got a really bizarre sense of humour that still manages to amuse despite being a touch childish, largely because the game itself is such fun.

DD Neon is like that
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 5:31 pm

Skip wrote:
Well I played through the intro part, as it turns out the Siren is quite well equiped as a sniper, mainly because that ability works really well at creating an easy target, but also because of critical hit upgrades, bullet speed upgrades and all of those damage upgrades.

You think that, I did the same. Then you see some of Zer0's sniper builds... he's not very noob friendly, but as a dedicated sniper build, he absolutely wrecks the game. His damage output is staggering, it's just that he's a bit of a glass cannon. I'm currently alternating slightly between my lvl 22 Axton - got to love that turret - and a lvl 14 Zer0, and the two playstyles are night and day. What level are you Skip? I'll see if I can rustle up some weapons for you from my stash.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:25 pm

Just realised that I don't think you're on my friends list on PSN. What's your PSN username?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 3:29 am

Yeah Zer0 is obviously better as a sniper due to him having an entire skill tree dedicated to it, I was just surprised at how good Maya could be.

I'm level 8 at the moment, and that would be great, especially if you have any nice fire assault rifles/smgs. I've currently been switching between a flaming revolver, an explosive assault rifle and my regular sniper.

Oh and my PSN is Raztaz13, I'm not sure who I have on it to be honest, considering yesterday was the first time I signed in in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 3:56 am

Honestly I think the gunzerker could be a better sniper than any other class just from looking at skills. Maybe he doesn't have as much stuff that's explicitly designed with sniping in mind but his damage amplification looks second to none and ultimately that's what matters with slow firing rifles.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 12:11 pm

Skip wrote:
I'm level 8 at the moment, and that would be great, especially if you have any nice fire assault rifles/smgs. I've currently been switching between a flaming revolver, an explosive assault rifle and my regular sniper.

I'm not sure what I have - it's been a while since I used a level 8 gun! - but I've definitely got a fire sniper rifle and an explosive Assault rifle you're welcome to. Maybe a shield item as well, though I may have sold that.

Quote :
Oh and my PSN is Raztaz13, I'm not sure who I have on it to be honest, considering yesterday was the first time I signed in in a long time.

I'll be online in a few moments, so I'll add you and see if I can find you.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:26 pm

Sorry, battery in headset ran out, then managed to pull PS3 off the table when trying to find the USB cable, which pulled the plug out the back.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:29 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Sorry, battery in headset ran out, then managed to pull PS3 off the table when trying to find the USB cable, which pulled the plug out the back.

Thats so terrible, yet so hilarious at the same time.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:41 pm

Didn't want Skip to think I'd bailed on him. I rejoined a few moments later.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:44 pm

Yeah it's cool, I thought you'd just disconnected or something, either that or Norwich had scored and you threw your PS3 out the window haha.

Cheers for the badass gear though again man.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:53 pm

No worries. When you hit level 14, I've got some better gear for you as well if you want.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:57 pm

Scratch that, just checked and I sold all the level 14 gear. My Zer0 is currently at level 16, so maybe I'l use him next time and A) won't feel so grossly overpowered, and B) can give you some level 16 gear once you've levelled up a bit more.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:59 pm

triple post, another correction! I do still have a few level 14 weapons on my Zer0, so let me know if you want those.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 3:03 pm

Yeah that'll be good, playing with relatively level characters always makes it a bit more fun.

And I'll gladly grab stuff you don't want any more, this time I'll make sure to make some room in my inventory beforehand.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 3:18 pm

Skip wrote:
Yeah that'll be good, playing with relatively level characters always makes it a bit more fun.

Yeah, sorry, I hadn't realised Axton would feel quite so overpowered. I struggled through those sections in my own game, yet with the increased health and shields and access to far better equipment that being a higher level gives you, it was bordering on comical - I was literally walking up to Badass enemies and taking them down in only a few hits whilst they tickled my shields.

Quote :
And I'll gladly grab stuff you don't want any more, this time I'll make sure to make some room in my inventory beforehand.

I know a few people get funny about having "hand-me-down" equipment. After all, B2 is a loot driven game and when you're getting loot handed to you, it can detract from the urge to explore and enjoy. I'm sure you'll find plenty of good stuff though - you levelled up five times in that session alone, so some level 13/14 gear should easily outshine the level 8 stuff I gave you.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 3:20 pm

Yeah don't worry, I ended up getting about 3 weapons on the same level as the sniper you gave me and have a new explosive assault rifle I was using towards the end. I'll definitely still be exploring and looking for more loot, just it doesn't particularly matter if I don't find anything really good.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 7:33 am

Got my Zer0 up to level 17, so I'll need to find some new weaponry for him soon. I'm not sure I enjoy playing with him that much though - sure, he's a great sniper with huge melee potential, but he struggles in between and isn't anything like as hardy as Axton.

I also respecced Axton last night, removing thr +50% accuracy bonus from my turrets, which apparently makes very little difference, and putting points into my shield regen. I now regen 75% faster with 60% reduced recharge delay. With an instant shield, I can essentially regenerate full shields after only half a second. Which is awesome. Of course, that's slightly offset by Instant shield having aroudn half the capacity of anything else, but it's still nice to see the gauge rocketing up everytime you get hit.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:36 am

Zer0 at level 17 and I'm not enjoying him as much as I did Axton, so I've chosen to try Maya. At low levels, she's terrible, absolutely terrible, but she's now at level 14 (I had her join Axton's game so she could level up quicker) and has some reasonable utility. Not sure she's better than Axton at the moment, but I'm having more fun than I did with Zer0. Just need to work on some decent weapons for her.

Oh, and you probably knew this already, but bosses respawn. I went back through a region I had visited earlier, and had Old Slappy respawn for me. After a few seconds of panic, I took him down for around 2000 exp, which is a hell of a lot more than anything else is giving me at the moment. I can only imagine how tough it'll be to level up later in the game when nothing gives you any exp at all...
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:41 am

I suppose it depends on how you played her, she's definitely a bit weak at first, but you can get offensive and defensive boosts early on, so depending on which you go she can either put out quite a lot of crit damage right away or have some boss shields going on.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:46 am

I've started with Flicker and Helios in the cataclysm tree, Flicker meaning she gets a much improved chance of elemental weapons causing their status effect to stick, and Helios causing Phaselock to cause a damaging explosion.

I may not be able to get online much today, but I've still got some level 14 - 17 weapons if you want them by then.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 1:48 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
I've started with Flicker and Helios in the cataclysm tree, Flicker meaning she gets a much improved chance of elemental weapons causing their status effect to stick, and Helios causing Phaselock to cause a damaging explosion.

I may not be able to get online much today, but I've still got some level 14 - 17 weapons if you want them by then.
Ah so you've gone what is essentially the exact opposite from me. As of now, I've done this:

Mind's Eye: 5
Wreck: 2
Ward: 1
Accelerate: 1

Apart from maxing out the skills I've started, I also plan on getting Kinetic Reflection and Inertia, then I'm not quite sure where I'll go, guess I'll play around a bit with the skills and see what works well. As you can see I'm basically going for the same sort of playstyle as the Siren in the previous game, which is: kill shit in order to get increased killing potential and defence buffs, then continue to kill shit while being unstoppable because of insane shield regen.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 2:18 pm

Skip wrote:
Ah so you've gone what is essentially the exact opposite from me. As of now, I've done this:

Mind's Eye: 5
Wreck: 2
Ward: 1
Accelerate: 1

Apart from maxing out the skills I've started, I also plan on getting Kinetic Reflection and Inertia, then I'm not quite sure where I'll go, guess I'll play around a bit with the skills and see what works well. As you can see I'm basically going for the same sort of playstyle as the Siren in the previous game, which is: kill shit in order to get increased killing potential and defence buffs, then continue to kill shit while being unstoppable because of insane shield regen.

Well, that's interesting, though I guess it shows just how much variety there is in each build. Oh, and I still think Axton will take some beating when it comes to shield regen, his Willing skill meaking almost unkillable with a decent shield, his shield recharge rate going to +75% and recharge delay reduced by 60%. Maya's Ward skill only offers 25% increase on recharge rate, and reduction of 40% in delay, so Axton gets much quicker shield regen and less delay before said regen begins. Still, Axton can't Phaselock, and looking ahead at Maya's Ruin skill, that looks ever so tempting.

I've now got Axton at lvl 24, Zer0 at 17 and Maya at 14, so I've got good variety for any given moment. If I see you online again, let me know which one you'd rather I bring to the party.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 2:22 pm

Yeah but couple it with the Inertia skill and your regen is going to be insane if it's anything like the first game, where as long as you could kill something you weren't going to die. Admittedly Phasewalk was much better than Phaselock, but you work with what you're given.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 2:24 pm

I never played B1, so I can't compare to the original foursome.

EDIT: Oh, and isn't inertia only a 4% shield regen per kill, even at 5/5? Doesn't seem worth the investment to be honest.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 12:08 pm

Not played much this week, but my Axton is now at level 28 and Maya is at lvl 25. Thing is, I've hit a brick wall, or so it seems. The difficulty of the game has spiked somewhat, and I can't output enough damage to tip the odds back in my favour. Early doors it was fine, because the RNG was giving me some pretty decent weapons, but I've not really had anything really impressive since around level 22, and those weapons simply don't cut it now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Borderlands 1&2
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next