Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Borderlands 1&2

Go down 
+12
SimianWonder
Eevil-Psycho
brandon
Neo
Skip
AZZ666
Maskull
A_Nonny_Moose
Kimarous
Superbuu3
Baal
Zero
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 8:01 am

I feel like while Gearbox did keep their promise about expanding the world from the first game and adding more to do and see, and take some risks in the overall design that they couldn't in the first, it falls down in a lot of ways, mainly because it's tripping over all the mediocre gameplay elements it needs to adhere to because they were in the first game.

Interface is still rather clunky, especially this whole idea that you have to scroll through these really thin panels to do anything. Fucking no, rule #1 of UI design is "use as few clicks as possible". You have plenty of screen space, put it all on one screen, so I don't have to add a fucking clickthrough when I want to swap out weapons. There's no reason for it.

Also, fuck these new scopes. How hard is just a dot in the center? Why do I need floaty rings and lines and circles and things that move and anything but a fucking dot that shows where I want to aim?

I also don't like Eridium being the upgrade currency. At least give a way to buy it so I have something to spend my cash on.

I love the STORY behind the quests, the dialogue is good and adds plenty of reason to do them, but so far I feel like I hate how most quests are executed.

The Bloodshot Bandit Stronghold, it's your basic big dungeon you do storyline quest in where you clear through it, face a boss up at the top, and move on.

Of course, at least 2 sidequests I've encountered so far have you go through THE WHOLE FUCKING DUNGEON AGAIN, go all the way to the top, and just drop something off, and then say "Thanks now walk back down and go back to Sanctuary."

THAT IS NOT GOOD QUEST DESIGN.

Ultimately this is just more Borderlands, whether that's a good thing or not will depend on how much you liked the first game. Personally I'll probably play through it a couple of times in co-op then leave it alone, I can only handle so much of doing the same set of fetch quests over and over again.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 10:00 am

well, i now know i won't get this anytime soon
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 10:59 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:
I feel like while Gearbox did keep their promise about expanding the world from the first game and adding more to do and see, and take some risks in the overall design that they couldn't in the first, it falls down in a lot of ways, mainly because it's tripping over all the mediocre gameplay elements it needs to adhere to because they were in the first game.

Interface is still rather clunky, especially this whole idea that you have to scroll through these really thin panels to do anything. Fucking no, rule #1 of UI design is "use as few clicks as possible". You have plenty of screen space, put it all on one screen, so I don't have to add a fucking clickthrough when I want to swap out weapons. There's no reason for it.

Also, fuck these new scopes. How hard is just a dot in the center? Why do I need floaty rings and lines and circles and things that move and anything but a fucking dot that shows where I want to aim?

I also don't like Eridium being the upgrade currency. At least give a way to buy it so I have something to spend my cash on.

I love the STORY behind the quests, the dialogue is good and adds plenty of reason to do them, but so far I feel like I hate how most quests are executed.

The Bloodshot Bandit Stronghold, it's your basic big dungeon you do storyline quest in where you clear through it, face a boss up at the top, and move on.

Of course, at least 2 sidequests I've encountered so far have you go through THE WHOLE FUCKING DUNGEON AGAIN, go all the way to the top, and just drop something off, and then say "Thanks now walk back down and go back to Sanctuary."

THAT IS NOT GOOD QUEST DESIGN.

Ultimately this is just more Borderlands, whether that's a good thing or not will depend on how much you liked the first game. Personally I'll probably play through it a couple of times in co-op then leave it alone, I can only handle so much of doing the same set of fetch quests over and over again.
So it's essentially still a game you really just want to be playing co-op?
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 3:34 pm

The only reason anyone should have for playing this game is the script and the tea party girl.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 10:38 pm

Skip wrote:
So it's essentially still a game you really just want to be playing co-op?
Yeah, definitely.
Way of the Pervert wrote:
well, i now know i won't get this anytime soon
I think I might have been overly critical in that post. The game is far from bad, it just still has a lot of the problems the first one did.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 10:46 pm

if it's as similar to the first as you make it sound, i know i can wait. if i jump into two this soon after one i'll more than likely feel annoyed by that
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 10:45 pm

Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 11:42 pm

so i just finished fort knox. i only found two items worth using and one of them was a revolver, which i don't even use that weapon type........
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 11:47 pm

also, do missions have a massive xp boost on subsequent playthroughs like dead island?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 12:05 am

It's NG+ so yeah, everything is stronger and you'll get better drops and rewards too.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 12:06 am

ok good, that'll make me want to play this more
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 4:57 pm

I'm taking my timw with this, sticking with offline only for the moment. I'm level 12, playing as Axton, and I'm cureently doing some quests for Lilith. Story wise I'm trying to infiltrate a bandit base to find Roland, but having created a replica bandit jeep, I opted to do some exploring, hence the sidequests.

Having not played the first, it's difficult to judge B2 as a sequel, but it' got a lot going for it. The graphics are excellent - bar the old-school texture load in when you enter a new area - and there's lots to do. The loot system is a bit odd though. 99% of the weapons are basically garbage, and none of the weapons I've seen so far are quite as mad as the previews showed. They're all pretty standard fare.

Still, enjoying the game at present, though not sure it warrants some of the review scores. Hopefully online will prove me wrong.
Back to top Go down
Renji_Abarai
Deck Hand
Renji_Abarai

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 5:59 pm

I so wish I could afford to get these games. I love FPSers. Anyone not playing BL1 and they wanna lend it to me? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.technogamerzpro.com
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 6:51 pm

My post above is an excellent example of why I don't like posting from my phone. It's riddled with typos and most unbecoming of me.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 7:09 am

SimianWonder wrote:
My post above is an excellent example of why I don't like posting from my phone. It's riddled with typos and most unbecoming of me.
It's a bitch isn't it? I had a few problems the other day due to my phone, like double posting.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 7:49 am

I love my smartphone, I do, but the predictive text is just crap. It feels like going back ten years to when predicitve text had just arrived and the kinks were still being ironed out, not fitting for what is supposed to be one of the most powerful and desirable phones on the market.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 12:27 pm

Honestly the whole point of borderlands is coop, playing in single player will most likely ruin the experience. The first game wasn't all that interesting. I dunno if you'd wabnt to do multiple playthroughs unless the classes are now that good.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 5:21 pm

If your phone is running Android look into getting Swype. It's a bit weird at first but after using it for a while there's no way I could ever go back to tapping out words on a touch screen.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 5:31 pm

Yeah, I've got a Galaxy S3. It's not the input that annoys me, more the recognition system, and Swype - or a similar feature - is built in.

On topic, done a few more side missions, and unlocked a few more Badass tokens so spent those on a variety of skills, all of which carry over to any other character you create. Which is nice. Axton's turret has gone from being a nice tool for drawing aggro to something downright dangerous in its own right - it now stays for longer, fires more shots per salvo, that do more damage than ever before and is becoming a very nice tactical tool. Throwing it behind enemies then ripping them apart in the crossfire is very effective, even the larger shield-wielding foes have no answer for that one.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 8:20 am

that clap trap dlc made all the others look like a pile of shit
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 8:59 am

Way of the Pervert wrote:
that clap trap dlc made all the others look like a pile of shit
Was it actually good or did you just get a kick out of killing clap traps? Shortly after I started that DLC is when I got bored of Borderlands.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:41 pm

yeah, that is part of the reason i liked it. if you like fighting bosses the clap trap dlc is great. i just wish i wasn't overleveled when i played it.

oh, and their is also is a ridiculous amount of loot. despite the fact i was overleveled, i found a lot of great stuff
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 7:07 pm

The amount of pop culture references and easter eggs in this game is insane, even if most people will only get around half of them. It's got a really bizarre sense of humour that still manages to amuse despite being a touch childish, largely because the game itself is such fun.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:52 am

I now have this, if I'm online give me a shout.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:42 pm

Well I played through the intro part, as it turns out the Siren is quite well equiped as a sniper, mainly because that ability works really well at creating an easy target, but also because of critical hit upgrades, bullet speed upgrades and all of those damage upgrades.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands 1&2   Borderlands 1&2 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Borderlands 1&2
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next