Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need help with borderlands

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

I need help with borderlands Empty
PostSubject: I need help with borderlands   I need help with borderlands Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 4:11 am

can someone explain what the elements are good for?

and how good are they if i got a non elemental gun with higher damage should i just stick with that

also should i try to be proficient in several gun classes or just the recommended for my character?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: I need help with borderlands   I need help with borderlands Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:12 am

I think the elements multiply tha damage by the amount in the corner, like x3.

Fire works effectively on enemies without shields. Shock has a chance to instantly deplete shields. Corrosive works well on enemies with shields. Explosive makes bullets stronger with no added effect.

I'd stick with the elemental gun, unless the damage of the non elemental gun is higher than the damage of the elemental gun times the multiplier.

You can use any gun you want, and build profficiencies in anything. The perks of using guns that the classes are made for are skills that can help them with those weapons. For instance, Mordecai gets skills that improve the effectiveness of sniper rifles and revolvers. But I prefer to use snipers, shotties and combat rifles.
Back to top Go down
AZZ666
Baroque Works Agent
AZZ666

PostSubject: Re: I need help with borderlands   I need help with borderlands Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:20 am

Focus on one or two gun types, the bonuses will get substantial over time.

I try to balance elements with damage, but if it's 1 or 2x elemental, I don't bother. Damage is usually king. Corrosive versus armor(Lance & those Ants) Shock vs shielded guys. Fire & Explosive as general use.

elements also boost your special attacks, which can be pretty good when suped up.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: I need help with borderlands   I need help with borderlands Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:38 am

Fire - extremely effective against flesh; chance to "burn", which does damage over time.
Corrosive - extremely effective against armor; chance to "corrode" (see: burn)
Shock - extremely effective against shields; chance to "shock", which briefly stuns(?)
Explosive - does more damage than basic attacks and some splash damage.
Back to top Go down
AZZ666
Baroque Works Agent
AZZ666

PostSubject: Re: I need help with borderlands   I need help with borderlands Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:51 am

Yea it's kinda redundant. It basically comes down to X type works best against Y type of enemy.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I need help with borderlands   I need help with borderlands Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 1:53 pm

thanks a lot guys

also is it just me or do u get double bonuses in your characters weapon class?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: I need help with borderlands   I need help with borderlands Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:12 pm

AZZ666 wrote:
Yea it's kinda redundant. It basically comes down to X type works best against Y type of enemy.
It's not totally redundant. Some enemies are resistant to specific elements, especially if they are the same type. Furthermore, in "The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned" add-on, zombies are VERY resistant to corrosive damage and some are actually HEALED by shock.

Superbuu3 wrote:
thanks a lot guys

also is it just me or do u get double bonuses in your characters weapon class?
Could you rephrase that? I don't know what you mean.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need help with borderlands   I need help with borderlands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need help with borderlands
Page 1 of 1