Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kima's Manga Reading List

Go down 
+4
Kaede
Maskull
A_Nonny_Moose
Kimarous
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 6:33 am

DevilKingBaal wrote:
Prinny-boy wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:
Kaio wrote:
Reborn! really became that bad?

It did.

They fought these Seven dudes who were called the FUneral Wreaths and we thought they were these big bad bosses. And then the final boss shows up and says.

"LOL THOSE WERE THE FAKE ONES! HERE ARE THE REAL FUNERAL WREATHS!"

Seriously, this is something Kubo would pull.
well, i didnt see it coming and the MC's sure as hell didnt. seems pretty original, as i havent encountered that particular plot device in ANY of the series' that ive read/watched.

all in all, i thought that rug-pull was pretty effective in messing with the MCs.

MOAR LIEK "WHO SAID THE ESPADA WERE NUMBERED FROM 1 to 10!?"

It's not original. This has been done before and there wasn't even any build-up to it. It flew out of left field entirely. There's a difference between a plot twist and a random plot device.

A Plot Twist has build-up and had some mystery behind it.
A Plot Device in the cases of Yammy and the New Funeral Wreaths is something that came out of nowhere. There was no build-up, no reflection, and no absolute point in it other than to extend and already shitty series.

Talented people seldom have to use that type of plot device, Untalented people (IE Kishimoto after Zabuza, Kubo after Soul Society, and Amano after the Varia) use it at the most critical moments when it makes the least sense.
i'll take these (referring to kima's reply as well) into account, but i thought it was pretty interesting--blame it on my lack of mario experience, if you must.
and yes, it was sudden, but i think that was the point.

and all of the perpetual-grin characters serve to creep me out--they usually have a good reason to be smiling all the time...
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 4:54 am

I forgot to update this. I'm reading JJBA. Just finished Phantom Blood a moment ago. Gonna start reading Part 2 after I watch today's Atop the Fourth Wall.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 4:58 am

Watcha think so far?
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:27 am

It's been interesting so far. Given what I've seen of JJBATAS and your Lets Play of the video game, I'm especially looking forward to "Diamonds are Unbreakable" in... *checks* about 70 chapters.

Well, I'm sure it'll be an entertaining trek along the way. Smile

BTW, when does "F***ING PIRANHAS!" take place?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:29 am

In the last fight of Part 2.

Besides, even if you've seen the TAS and Let's Play, I still suggest you read Stardust Crusaders just because there was some stuff that was left out and is better in the manga.

Besides the D'Arby brothers are much more entertaining in the manga.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:38 am

Le whoops. Did I mix Parts 3 and 4 up?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:42 am

Yes.

Part 3 = Stardust Crusaders
Part 4 = Diamond is Unbreakable

It;s funny because Part 3 and on are references to the JoJo's Stands.

Star Platinum = Stardust Crusaders
Crazy Diamond = Diamond is Unbreakable
Gold Experience = Vento Aureo (Golden Wind)
Stone Free = Stone Ocean
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:48 am

What's Part 2 called again?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:49 am

Battle Tendency
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:08 am

the one with the immortal wall thing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 3:37 pm

Pillars.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 4:28 pm

Oh right, when you get to the Pillar Men. Please post your reaction.

It'll be hilarious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:20 pm

I hate when people out right give up on JJBA because of how gay the pillar men look. If you're straight and are sure of your sexuality then, why quit because the men wear thongs?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:27 pm

Man in the Mirror wrote:
I hate when people out right give up on JJBA because of how gay the pillar men look. If you're straight and are sure of your sexuality then, why quit because the men wear thongs?

Loincloth's too but yeah, anyone who refuses to read JJBA because of the art deserves to miss out.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:00 pm

Yeah...Art...You know, I tend to think that in these cases (JoJo, Baki, etc.) art doesn't really matter. They even grow on you when the story/action/etc. becomes the main focus.

...But then again, Not very many people are gonna read something with fugly art and barely anything to it.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:06 pm

Rockstar_Bob wrote:
Yeah...Art...You know, I tend to think that in these cases (JoJo, Baki, etc.) art doesn't really matter. They even grow on you when the story/action/etc. becomes the main focus.

...But then again, Not very many people are gonna read something with fugly art and barely anything to it.

They should read it for good story, characters, and such.

Art is a factor but not as big since you're basically reading a picture book. I mean, you wouldn't say that "A Very Hungry Caterpillar" was a crappy book because the art wasn't detailed or good. You'd say it's a good book because of the fact it was enjoyable to read and you actually liked the Caterpillar despite his lack of character.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:19 pm

It's a comic, and if the art's ugly it's a pretty big deal. Same with western comics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:23 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
It's a comic, and if the art's ugly it's a pretty big deal. Same with western comics.

Most japanese comic characters look like deformed aliens with spiky ass hair. If you like wapanese comics there's no excuse.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Exactly. And Fist of the North Star, JoJo, and Baki get bad reps for being detailed instead of being the bullshit you've seen in typical manga?

Fuck that. I'll enjoy my realistic looking characters that have a unique art style.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:28 pm

Except that the detailed shit looks terrible.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:29 pm

They get bad reps for looking ugly, detailed or not. Although JoJo and North Star look alright.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:39 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
They get bad reps for looking ugly, detailed or not. Although JoJo and North Star look alright.

Well I'll admit that Baki looks ugly but I still enjoyed it from the first chapter I read.

Kaio wrote:

This looks badass, what are you talking about?
Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Volume29_Chapter02_14
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:41 pm

Kaio wrote:

Oh hell no. u da nigga who likes one piece. u shud not talk.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:08 pm

Man in the Mirror wrote:
Kaio wrote:

I should. One Piece's artstyle is extremely unique. And Oda is actually able to make every character look different.

Jotaro Kujo wrote:

This actually looks pretty good. Maybe I should continue reading. It's just that I found the first chapter of part 2 so appalling, from the way over the top hateful policeman to the retarded GRAPHIC VIOLENZZ, that I can't get myself to do that.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:14 pm

Kaio wrote:
Man in the Mirror wrote:
Kaio wrote:

I should. One Piece's artstyle is extremely unique. And Oda is actually able to make every character look different.

Jotaro Kujo wrote:

This actually looks pretty good. Maybe I should continue reading. It's just that I found the first chapter of part 2 so appalling, from the way over the top hateful policeman to the retarded GRAPHIC VIOLENZZ, that I can't get myself to do that.

I said it already dude. The art does get better.

Starting from about the middle of Part 2 the art starts getting better. And around Part 7 it's literally godly. The characters actually begin to look like real-life people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kima's Manga Reading List   Kima's Manga Reading List - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kima's Manga Reading List
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next