Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So I bought Rock Band 2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

So I bought Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: So I bought Rock Band 2   So I bought Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 3:10 pm

Just the game, since it works with the GH guitar. After playing it for a while, it is good, but I think at the moment I prefer GH overall. Mainly because at the moment I find it a bit difficult to distinguish hammer ons from regular notes in Rock Band, and figure out the timing with them properly, especially when there's a lot of them. They're all small and stuff, it's annoying. I do like the free notes though.

And another major annoyance is that I'm actually gonna have to go through this games weird career mode to get the songs. I just wanna play them all now. There is an unlock all songs cheat, but activating a cheat in this game disables all the achievements, online features, and even saving, which is fucking annoying.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Rock Band 2   So I bought Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 5:39 am

And the menu system, especially on the character/band management front, is really awkward.
Back to top Go down
AZZ666
Baroque Works Agent
AZZ666

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Rock Band 2   So I bought Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 6:39 am

I still play GH2, even tho i got the rock band. mainly for the songs, but i feel you, it's just not tight enough. heres hoping the Beatles will fix that up/
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Rock Band 2   So I bought Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 6:55 am

One thing I find easier about it though is that because they use bars instead of circles, long string of fast notes are easier to figure out. On GH it's basically trial and error until I figure out how fast I need to strum.
Back to top Go down
AZZ666
Baroque Works Agent
AZZ666

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Rock Band 2   So I bought Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 9:12 am

nah nah it all tuned to their "rhythm" in both games. I would rather big blobs instead of the lines, plus theres too much goin on on the screen when you play band. however, its assloads more fun with four people. GH is kind of like a fighting game. RB is like smash bros.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Rock Band 2   So I bought Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:34 pm

Ugh... RB2's character creator/editor sucks ass. Once you make character, you're stuck with the height, weight, skin colour, eye colour, face and name that you chose at the start. And each character you make has to earn their own money, even if they're all in the same fucking band. So unless you're only making 1 character, you have to play as every character you make until you can afford to kit them out however you want. AND if you buy something for one character, it's only fucking available for that character. So for 2 characters to wear the same outfit (for argument's sake), you have to play as them both until you can afford it and then buy it all twice. Not to mention that when you start out, only the default shirt, pants and shoes are available, so everyone's wearing the exact same thing.

It's a completely retarded way to do things. If Rock Band 2 had the same setlist as World Tour, there would be not a single reason to buy it given the choice between the two.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Rock Band 2   So I bought Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:10 am

Well after the playing the hell out of the game since I bought, and then trying to play World Tour again, I've found that I actually prefer Rock Band. The circles make the charts look overcrowded, especially with chords, and the timing feels much less precise.

Now I've just got to save for the full RB2 instrument pack.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Rock Band 2   So I bought Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 9:03 pm

Oh and the selection of DLC is great.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Rock Band 2   So I bought Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Forgot how much I enjoyed this game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Rock Band 2   So I bought Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:38 pm

i need to see if i can hook my ps2 guitars up with my ps3
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Rock Band 2   So I bought Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:21 pm

Do other PS2 controllers work with the PS3?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Rock Band 2   So I bought Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:01 am

i get a controller convertor

it works via a usb adapter
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So I bought Rock Band 2   So I bought Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 6:17 pm

I downloaded the Yngwie Malmsteen pack for a laugh, to see how I would do.