Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning*

Go down 
+5
Superbuu3
Baal
A_Nonny_Moose
Kaio
Mewmaster
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning* - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning*   Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 2:00 am

It's going to be like Sonic and the Rings, so it'll be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning*   Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 2:03 am

Sonic and the Secret Rings sucked too.

THe only thing good was the speed was returned. Otherwise it was another Shitty Platformer.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning*   Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 12:17 am

I've heard some very negative things about the 360 / PS3 versioms of this game. It seems like Sega still doesn't understand what Sonic's fans want; we don't want any dumb RPG lite bits, we don't want any gimmicks *coughWerehogcough*, we want a very pretty, very fast, 2d platformer.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning*   Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 12:25 am

Well after playing it a little, I can say the following: Sega is incompetent. Seriously.

The first level is fantastic super fast level. Something we all can appreciate and have hoped to return for a long while now.

But then you have to do horrible crap with Werehog Sonic WHO IS INCREDIBLY SLOW. Besides that the fighting system is just mashing buttons till the enemy is dead. The levels all look very bland and dark and basically you're just hoping to get it over with ASAP.

And the great thing? THERE'S THREE TIMES AS MANY WEREHOG LEVELS AS THERE ARE REGULAR SONIC LEVELS!

Sega needs to get the fuck out.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning*   Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 12:27 am

So it sounds like I heard right then?

Give us our super fast platform game, dammit!
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning*   Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 12:34 am

As I said previously, I hear the PS3/360 version has a 50/50 ratio os Sonic/werehog levels.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning*   Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 12:38 am

Still, that means half the game is crap. I've not yet heard one good word said about the Werehog levels.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning*   Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 12:40 am

I haven't heard anything bad about them. They're just not what people want from a Sonic game. And the other side of the game seems to range from good to spectacular going by popular opinion.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning*   Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 12:44 am

The Werehog levels are bad. It's as if they made those levels somewhere in post-development or something.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning*   Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 12:45 am

Big Pixel-Faced Chibi Ryu wrote:
I haven't heard anything bad about them. They're just not what people want from a Sonic game.

Isn't that a bad thing in itself?

Also, see;

Kai wrote:
But then you have to do horrible crap with Werehog Sonic WHO IS INCREDIBLY SLOW. Besides that the fighting system is just mashing buttons till the enemy is dead. The levels all look very bland and dark and basically you're just hoping to get it over with ASAP.

and

Mew wrote:
(Werehog):
*Sigh*
The annoying Werehog...how a loathe thee...
Platforming is tedious, and you may find yourself dying alot.(P.S. Game Overing on a Werehog stage, means you have to start the whole stage over again)
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning*   Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 12:48 am

Point taken.

Still, I'm interested in playing them myself. If only because there doesn't seem to be much platforming in the proper Sonic levels. I mean when did that happen?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning*   Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 12:52 am

The rot started with Sonic Adventure. Not a bad game in itself, but Sega have made the same mistakes since then, over and over again.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning*   Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:48 pm

How long are the werehog levels in the Wii version?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning*   Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:42 pm

Sooooooooooooooooo is super sonic in this?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning*   Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:05 am

Just like most of the past decade's console games, you play as him in the final boss fight.

I heard Colors finally brought back that feature where you can use him in levels though!

Anyway looking back at this game, I still don't find it that bad, but then again, I had the PS3 version(which is the same as the 360 one) which didn't have as many Were-Hog levels as the wii's version did, plus it had more neat locations. Still didn't like the medal collecting though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning*   Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:10 am

Sora wrote:
Just like most of the past decade's console games, you play as him in the final boss fight.

I heard Colors finally brought back that feature where you can use him in levels though!

Anyway looking back at this game, I still don't find it that bad, but then again, I had the PS3 version(which is the same as the 360 one) which didn't have as many Were-Hog levels as the wii's version did, plus it had more neat locations. Still didn't like the medal collecting though.
My nephew got it for his wii, he'll probably be disappointed by the lack of supersonic but he seems to enjoy the werehog levels as he found normal sonic too fast. This actually works out better for me as he'll likely ask me to clear all the day levels for him while he woreks away on the night levels even the ones he finds hard.

What exactly was sonic colours, was it good i heard it used the day level engine.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning*   Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:20 am

It's the latest console game of Sonic and it definitely has a similar gameplay style to Unleashed's day levels(more similar to the Ps3/360 versions than the Wii one, which is funny considering Colors is for the Wii). It most likely is using the same engine.

Apparently it was very good, and it's no surprise since for once Sega decided to actually take their time to develop the damn game. Honestly, that's really the only reason that most of their recent games in the past sucked, they were rushed as hell. Sega needs to keep this up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning*   Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning* - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mewmaster's Review- Sonic Unleashed(Wii) *Spoiler Warning*
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3