Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I just bought Web of Shadows.

Go down 
+4
Dr. Chocolate
Sauce
A_Nonny_Moose
Baal
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I just bought Web of Shadows.   I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:57 pm

Nope its the one after that where you can't choose. After the vulture fight your forced down a path. Depending on red or black options. The one your thinking about is the last red or black choice you have.

Also i hated Spideys VA, he definitely ruined my game experience. I was fairly immersed into the universe but then he went and acted terribly pretty much ruining the moment.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I just bought Web of Shadows.   I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 12:00 am

Yeah, you're forced because the Mary Jane/Black Cat decision decides for you.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I just bought Web of Shadows.   I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 12:03 am

No wait, it's all the choices that decide which path you're forced down at the end. If you do mostly red choices, it forces you to choose red. The Mary Jane/Black Cat one decides which of the red/black endings you get.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: I just bought Web of Shadows.   I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:43 pm

Started playing this game two days ago, my disc copy doesn't work right, makes spots, Spider-Man not full figure, and needs a faster PC
Long time ago before I was forced to format my PC (due to that now I can't use the internet on it), the hacked version I downloaded works much better, but it never worked on XP, and the only upgrade I gave my machine was changing to "Windows 7", why did it refuse to work on XP is beyond my comprehension

What I can tell is mainly compare this one to the one based on the third movie, WoS is a depressing game, only in a few things its better than "Spider-Man 3", combat system and city design aren't among them, I can swing in all of Manhattan and Roosevelt Island in 3, but can't bear to swing in more than the mission parts in WoS

What I like about this game:
  1. Swing kick
    Characters designs, faces look good
    Spider-Man costume colors, the red and blue costume, not the symbiote
    The joke about the myface page with Wolverine

Kingpin is a crime lord, they took that part and did it right in "Spider-Man 3", and that was all they needed with him in the story of that game. WoS made him a selfish bastard Crime Lord, when Kingpin is a man you can sit with normally a lot of times, and when in real need he's someone you can depend on, they turned him here to a real asshole with bad voice acting

People with well chosen voice actors:
  • Mary Jane
    Black Cat
    Luke Cage
    Wolverine
    Moon Knight

The rest are either badly casted or just OK

Out of the depression I got from this game, I played some of "Spider-Man 3" to cheer up, it works like a charm, he's really funny there
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I just bought Web of Shadows.   I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:36 pm

Miyamoto Musashi wrote:
Started playing this game two days ago, my disc copy doesn't work right, makes spots, Spider-Man not full figure, and needs a faster PC
Long time ago before I was forced to format my PC (due to that now I can't use the internet on it), the hacked version I downloaded works much better, but it never worked on XP, and the only upgrade I gave my machine was changing to "Windows 7", why did it refuse to work on XP is beyond my comprehension

What I can tell is mainly compare this one to the one based on the third movie, WoS is a depressing game, only in a few things its better than "Spider-Man 3", combat system and city design aren't among them, I can swing in all of Manhattan and Roosevelt Island in 3, but can't bear to swing in more than the mission parts in WoS

What I like about this game:
  1. Swing kick
    Characters designs, faces look good
    Spider-Man costume colors, the red and blue costume, not the symbiote
    The joke about the myface page with Wolverine

Kingpin is a crime lord, they took that part and did it right in "Spider-Man 3", and that was all they needed with him in the story of that game. WoS made him a selfish bastard Crime Lord, when Kingpin is a man you can sit with normally a lot of times, and when in real need he's someone you can depend on, they turned him here to a real asshole with bad voice acting

People with well chosen voice actors:
  • Mary Jane
    Black Cat
    Luke Cage
    Wolverine
    Moon Knight

The rest are either badly casted or just OK

Out of the depression I got from this game, I played some of "Spider-Man 3" to cheer up, it works like a charm, he's really funny there

Yeah the free roam in this game was a joke, the swinging mechanics were crap. I actually web zipped loads in this game and i never used that in the other spidey games unless i neeeded to because i thought the swinging waqs so poorly done. Spidey 2 still comes top in terms of free round and web slinging.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I just bought Web of Shadows.   I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:06 am

Web of Shadows was the main reason Activision opted to not include a free-roaming world for Shattered Dimensions.

Which is understandable.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: I just bought Web of Shadows.   I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:06 am

So is this worth playing? My brother has had it for ages but I've never bothered to try it out.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I just bought Web of Shadows.   I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:07 am

yeah the combat is fun to mess around with

just don't expedct an amazing swinging and travelling experience
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I just bought Web of Shadows.   I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:09 am

The only problem with the open world is that the game lets you swing through the city faster than it can be rendered, so you get a lot of pop in, and every so often you'll get so far ahead of the game that it freezes itself so everything can load.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I just bought Web of Shadows.   I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:14 am

uh i don't think i got enough tokens for that to happen.

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I just bought Web of Shadows.   I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:19 am

Also, am I the only one who doesn't care if the web just shoots off into nowhere? WoS didn't quite do that, since there had to be something around, even if it was just a tree, but still, why is it such a big deal?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I just bought Web of Shadows.   I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:28 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Also, am I the only one who doesn't care if the web just shoots off into nowhere? WoS didn't quite do that, since there had to be something around, even if it was just a tree, but still, why is it such a big deal?

It fucks up swinging big time.

Areas with nothing to swing off you can still swing but the game is really temperemental about it, suddenly it might limit you to a really restricting height, for me this made some token collecting jarring.

Boss fights were fucked up as the temperemental swinging meant you had no idea what points you were swinging off. Basically the main problem is without a defined guideline of where i can go, I am left with this unsure feeling and suddenly i'm dropping because the game decides i have nothing to atttach to when it did that in general anyways.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I just bought Web of Shadows.   I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:34 am

Never seemed like a problem to me. There was a bug with the swinging sometimes though, where it wouldn't stick for a second. So you'd throw out a web but the point where it attached to whatever would fall for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I just bought Web of Shadows.   I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:37 am

i think i've played like every spiderman game there is. The change back to webbing not attaching to places made me feel like i had no bearing on my surroundings its hard to describe.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: I just bought Web of Shadows.   I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 5:33 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Also, am I the only one who doesn't care if the web just shoots off into nowhere?
That is an awesome feature when it happens, defies logic and defeats the idea of web swinging, but it doesn't make it less fun

I noticed there are two "Daily Bugle" buildings, one with an outer design that looks the same as the movie building, and that where you go to in the "Court Bombing" mission, and another that looks like the one in the comics you notice when you free roam

I almost finished the game with choosing only two black paths, the one after first defeating Vulture and the one after using Rhino, I want to see the not all red choices ending show up to be, but in the final QTE sequence the button of the web pull to strike doesn't work, why not? Even after changing the button it still doesn't respond in the QTE, otherwise it responds normally

The game turns out to be more fun after "Fat Man Singing", but it still is nothing more than a souped up version of "Friend or Foe" where all you do is swing and fight, designs are more fun here, but it still doesn't make it as pleasant.

I guess part of my beef with the game other than that you need to keep pressing on the button in the QTE instead of a simple tapping like all the other games with QTE's is the requirements for PC, only 17 months released after SM3 and the requirements are far more insane, even the hacked version that I play with lesser requirements still have insane requirements, RE5 & DMC4 have far lesser requirements than SM: WoS

This game plays a lot like GTA, you play with an idiot who fights people then receives orders to beat more people or creatures from the individual you were forced to beat, except that Spider-Man is generally a smart guy, not an idiot

Boss fights? I can't understand how come people find boss fights here better than they are in SM3, in both games a hit from you to the boss you fight wearing the normal suit is almost 1/8 of a hit from the boss to you, but in SM3 you can upgrade to have both your health meters the same length, same goes for USM. WoS make the difference between your health bar and the boss health bar almost the same as the difference between your healths in the original PS1 games, but in the PS1 games your punches hurt the bosses far more than they do here, therefore the fights take much shorter time

One thing I forgot to mention, in SM3 the symbiote has powerful attacks that are stronger than what the boss hit you with, here the hits you give by "Symbiote Spider-Man" are only slightly stronger than the "Red & Blue" suit
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: I just bought Web of Shadows.   I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 5:36 pm

Michael Atkinson wrote:
So is this worth playing? My brother has had it for ages but I've never bothered to try it out.
The game is worth playing if you like to play GTA/Resident Evil hybrid with Spider-Man, all you do is fight and destroy, long fights, your character heals, and don't mind "Quick Time Events" requiring you to keep pressing on the button instead of simply tapping it
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I just bought Web of Shadows.   I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:51 pm

I don't get how you think has anything in common with RE
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: I just bought Web of Shadows.   I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 5:17 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
I don't get how you think has anything in common with RE
A couple of things with RE3:
Choices at some points
Wrecked city full of flesh consuming monsters
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: I just bought Web of Shadows.   I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:40 am

This game is soooo bad it gave me a headache when I played it yesterday, the cure was to play "Grand Finale" in SM3, and it made me enjoy the things I dislike-loathe from "Spider-Man 3", that is one thing I need to be grateful about this game for

I can't believe how this one is considered superior to 3, that's plain nonsense, it have flaws from SM3 people complained about, and not the same, it has them worse:
*Fights take far tooooo long
*You get hit once, by anyone, and you fly over 50 feet behind and unable to anchor yourself before you reach that distace
*If a wall is behind you, don't expect to be able to watch what hits you from the sides or from above, cause it acts like a "First Person View"
*Black Cat has no super powers, she can jump far further distances than you can, and if you grab her with your web attack, no matter how right you time it, she takes more than half of your health bar. Same people who praise such crap insult SM3 cause a hammer girls pulls you when you attach a webline to her, and if you don't press reflexes you only get one hit

For being a Spider-Man geek I enjoyed this game for what good it has, still do, though I prefer FoF cause it is more fun than this one. I placed my comparing notes in my games blog between this game and "Spider-Man 3", and I really apologize to everyone here, to everyone who enjoys the game, to everyone who thinks SM3 is a bad game, or just prefers this one
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I just bought Web of Shadows.   I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 10:58 am

Miyamoto Musashi wrote:
This game is soooo bad it gave me a headache when I played it yesterday, the cure was to play "Grand Finale" in SM3, and it made me enjoy the things I dislike-loathe from "Spider-Man 3", that is one thing I need to be grateful about this game for

I can't believe how this one is considered superior to 3, that's plain nonsense, it have flaws from SM3 people complained about, and not the same, it has them worse:
*You get hit once, by anyone, and you fly over 50 feet behind and unable to anchor yourself before you reach that distace
*If a wall is behind you, don't expect to be able to watch what hits you from the sides or from above, cause it acts like a "First Person View"
*Black Cat has no super powers, she can jump far further distances than you can, and if you grab her with your web attack, no matter how right you time it, she takes more than half of your health bar. Same people who praise such crap insult SM3 cause a hammer girls pulls you when you attach a webline to her, and if you don't press reflexes you only get one hit

For being a Spider-Man geek I enjoyed this game for what good it has, still do, though I prefer FoF cause it is more fun than this one. I placed my comparing notes in my games blog between this game and "Spider-Man 3", and I really apologize to everyone here, to everyone who enjoys the game, to everyone who thinks SM3 is a bad game, or just prefers this one

No offence but you clearly did not get the hang of the games fighting mechanics, because you can easily stop that from happening and overcounter. The fighting in thiss game is its strong point. If you were sturggling with something like that situation I can definitely see why you'd think this game was bad.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I just bought Web of Shadows.   I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 5:06 pm

Also, Symbiote-Wolverine was one of the best bosses in the game.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: I just bought Web of Shadows.   I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 10:48 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Miyamoto Musashi wrote:

No offence but you clearly did not get the hang of the games fighting mechanics, because you can easily stop that from happening and overcounter. The fighting in thiss game is its strong point. If you were sturggling with something like that situation I can definitely see why you'd think this game was bad.
It works on everyone except BC before she wears the symbiote, after that she is easy to counter.

You know what's funny? When that Widow slut discusses the symbiote with SM he has no recollection of the crap it did to the city, or why he got rid of it the first place and always convinces Eddie to remove this parasite, he instead replies with "All it does is it gives its wearer increased powers". I mean sure the symbiote blocks some shit from the minds of the one wearing it, but not in a way where he sees a city infested with them making people monsters and say it only gives you extra powers
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I just bought Web of Shadows.   I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 10:28 pm

Both incarnations of black cat are easy to defeat using that move.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: THE WORST MOTHERFUCKING OVERRATED SHIT FOR A GAME   I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:13 am

I'm starting to wonder why this game isn't in the "Beat 'Em Up" category, it fits there very well
All you do is fight and destroy
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: I just bought Web of Shadows.   I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 7:31 pm

The other ending with the red & blue suit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umcAr3nVU0s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just bought Web of Shadows.   I just bought Web of Shadows. - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I just bought Web of Shadows.
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4