Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fallout 4 Official Trailer

Go down 
+5
brandon
Skip
????
Eevil-Psycho
Haseoviawesome
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
????
Butter Bomb

Fallout 4 Official Trailer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 4:37 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
They really need to be more imaginative its like thqat cool mission in Oblivion where you get stuck in a painting, which there was more stuff like that.

Or like the mission with the Dark Brotherhood where you killed all those people in the mansion without being caught.

That was fun.

Oblivion is not appreciated enough, way better than Skyrim and hell even Morrowind.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 9:09 pm

Empirewild wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
They really need to be more imaginative its like thqat cool mission in Oblivion where you get stuck in a painting, which there was more stuff like that.

Or like the mission with the Dark Brotherhood where you killed all those people in the mansion without being caught.

That was fun.

Oblivion is not appreciated enough, way better than Skyrim and hell even Morrowind.

Well people used to piss and moan as they thought Oblivion was too simplified compared to Morrowind and the fact it had that weird ass levelling system. As whole though I really enjoyed that game.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 1:16 am

Dude, they removed the entire class and birthsign from Oblivion and yet we claiming Skyrim is the best thing since slice bread.

That was far more streamline than Oblivion.

Hell IMO, Oblivion improved from Morrowind.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 1:17 pm

I wish people would stop bitching about games that go for accessibility. Simplifying does not an inferior game make, it's just a different experience.

I haven't yet gotten around to Oblivion, though I suspect I will some day. For me, out of Morrowind and Skyrim, I prefer Morrowind. But this is because of the atmosphere, the world - the storytelling in particular - and the magic system. However, Skyrim cut out a lot of the nonsense that went on, streamlined the levelling system, and vastly improved the combat. Both games have merit because they achieve different things. I love Morrowind, but I can pretty freely admit that it took me a while to get into because of the way it's a bit obtuse, and I don't think Skyrim simplifying things in order to appeal to a wider audience is a bad thing. Morrowind appeals to me due to the place I can take in the world, and the way I can manipulate it with the magic system etc. Skyrim appeals to me because of the catharsis of allowing myself to be carried by the game through hordes of enemies, meeting some interesting characters along the way. It also has much more freedom in what you can do, whereas Morrowind will make you set goals and work towards them. Both equally viable yet different gaming experiences.

Similarly, with Fallout 4, all they've done is streamline everything. Operating on a perk system instead of lots of numbers being thrown at you may not be preferable to the number crunchers and the min-maxers out there, but it's not inherently a bad thing. The accessibility of it means there's far less stress involved in levelling your character because of the relative lack of commitment. You actually have more freedom if you look at it in that way, and that doesn't sound like a negative to me.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 4:45 pm

I always remember the beginning of New Vegas. In F3 you could go wherever you liked and there didn't seem to be a problem. But trying to go North in New Vegas was a fools errand. I mean its not fun when you restarrt a ganme and have to take the same route when we were apparently in a world we could make our own choices.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 12:48 am

Sure, but from another perspective that's just good world building. Going North means facing threats your character is simply not ready for.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 2:20 pm

Fallout 4 gets a lot of things very right, but does suffer from technical glitches and bugs, which may be pretty much expected from a large-scale Bethesda game but that doesn't necessarily mean they should be accepted.

The lack of polish does take some of the sheen away, but it's still a lot of fun to explore the world (which is much more densely populated than FO3 was) and I've easily gotten my monies worth out of it so far. That said, I really do hope they bring some of the PC mods to consoles soon; playing Skyrim on PC was an entirely different experience to playing it on 360, largely thanks to the ingenuity of the modding community.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 10:57 am

Thanks to a recent patch it's impossible to even get mods working without a third party program or a bit of .ini editing, something that hasn't been necessary in a Bethesda open world game since at least before Morrowind, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 12:00 am

The game is pretty poorly optimize on PC I heard.

Nvidia GPUs are suffering from stuttering and lag and AMD, well they got fucked in the ass thanks to that GameWorks.

Still functional, but inexcusable for Bethesda standards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2