Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Destiny

Go down 
+8
Skip
Golden Boy
Neo
????
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
Eevil-Psycho
testtubebaby
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 7:43 pm

The game is not a MMO and Bungie have said repeatedly that it was never intended to be. It borrows some mechanics from that genre but it is ultimately a co-op/competitive FPS game that is designed to be played with a small group of friends. It was overhyped but I'm pretty sure that everybody knew that going in, I don't know anyone who actually expected Destiny to be The Ultimate Video Game. Patrol missions can feel a little empty sometimes but the comparison to Borderlands is a bit silly, that game was just as bad with dumb fetch quests, was worse mechanically, and it felt worse still because the writing was so atrociously bad.

Destiny is not the perfect game that IGN et al advertised it to be, but it's a lot of fun to shoot things and muck around in and it's pretty easy to see that Bungie have designed a solid platform to build on over a few years.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 8:00 pm

Neo wrote:
Destiny is not the perfect game that IGN et al advertised it to be, but it's a lot of fun to shoot things and muck around in and it's pretty easy to see that Bungie have designed a solid platform to build on over a few years.

I think that's part of the problem I have with it. I love the premise, and I really want to love the game, but it's currently a little underwhelming. The actual gunplay itself feels great, some of the art design is genuinely gobsmacking; yes, it feels like a solid platform to build on and not much more at the moment. There's masses of potential in it which hasn't yet come close to being realised.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 8:55 pm

I finished my exotic pulse rifle bounty and almost immediately got another, this time I need to salvage 10 blue or better fusion rifles. I kinda wish I got Thorn.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 10:27 am

Can someone help me with the Weekly Heroic?
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 2:59 pm

Golden Boy wrote:
Can someone help me with the Weekly Heroic?

i can try & help chou but you need to be at least lvl 24 just to survive
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 4:16 pm

24 even though it's a lvl 22 strike? That sucks. I'm 23, but it takes foreeeever to level up.
What's your psn?
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 5:47 pm

Golden Boy wrote:
24 even though it's a lvl 22 strike? That sucks. I'm 23, but it takes foreeeever to level up.
What's your psn?

oh my mistake, i thought it was the L26 one, you should be fine at 23. my psn is imjustcheese
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 10:40 am

did you send a friend request chou? i had one come through but then it said i didnt have any
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 11:17 am

Yeah I did. I'll send your another one, or you could add me (psn: ChouG).

Last edited by Golden Boy on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 2:40 pm

well that was fucking stupid, i went to type in your tag to add you & it popped bk in to my requests
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 5:07 pm

I've got the opportunity to pick up a PS4/Destiny bundle for £300. That's a very good price, but still not sure I can justify it for Destiny alone.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 6:43 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
I've got the opportunity to pick up a PS4/Destiny bundle for £300.  That's a very good price, but still not sure I can justify it for Destiny alone.

so sell destiny for £35 & get a different game, £300 is worth it for the ps4 alone so getting destiny aswell is a no brainer
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 10:05 am

Finally got lucky and found a legendary engram which didn't turn to blue gear. So I got the Plan C exotic fusion rifle (and the exotic primary shotgun for completing the mission).

I still haven't found any legendary armor or weapon though.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 11:00 am

Make sure you spend Vanguard/Crucible marks on legendary armor if you haven't, it's really important to get your Light level up.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 2:17 pm

Golden Boy wrote:
Finally got lucky and found a legendary engram which didn't turn to blue gear. So I got the Plan C exotic fusion rifle (and the exotic primary shotgun for completing the mission).

I still haven't found any legendary armor or weapon though.

you can also join any of the factions to get their armour, i joined the new monarchy and got their chest plate & legs so far. i have the shotgun but its not very good imo as you have to be such close range that you end up dead too quick on the difficult missions

Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 1:51 pm

I kinda hate shotguns since I played PvP... And I regret not picking the bounty for the exotic shotgun.

Anyone up for Queen's mission? The reward for completing it is legendary armor.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 2:58 pm

Had I realized earlier that the boss was weak to fire, I could have killed him with Radiance's infinite fire grenades before we died. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 6:48 pm

Golden Boy wrote:
Had I realized earlier that the boss was weak to fire, I could have killed him with Radiance's infinite fire grenades before we died. Oh well.

yh i assumed he was weak to fire when my sniper was hitting him for 2500 per shot but we finished it before i had chance to msg you
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 9:53 pm

Sorry I didn't join you earlier TTB, I was in the middle of working through the Weekly Nightfall mission with a couple of other people. I'll be on tomorrow though and have less stuff to do so I can probably play then.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 5:56 pm

So is there any point in leveling past lvl 26 if I don't have any exotic or raid gear?
Also I got the Supremacy sniper rifle. I like the name.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 7:42 pm

Why wouldn't you try to level more? You shouldn't be raiding until you're 27 which is easily attainable through Vanguard/Crucible/Faction legendaries, if you don't intend to try the raid there's still Nightfall strikes that you should be 27+ to do comfortably. I wouldn't spend ascendent shards on any non-raid or exotic gear unless you just need a small boost to level up though.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 10:29 am

is the purple raid gear better than normal legendary gear? i thought they was all the same stat wise but i havnt tried raids yet
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 10:48 am

I'm not sure if raid gear has higher defence but it has more light which is just as good if not better. I think fully upgraded normal legendaries can get you to about level 28 but with raid and exotic gear you can hit 30 or more.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 12:58 pm

sweet, i wont bother with further upgrades on mine then
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 1:59 pm

30 is the max. It can only be attained with 4 raid legendaries or 3 and an exotic.
I read though that the raid has enemies up to level 28, so at 26 it should be rather hard. But yeah, I don't plan either to spend any more shards on my common legendaries to level up to 28. You should probably level up your sunsinger, TTB. It's easily the most OP class for PvE stuff.

Also if you had joined us Neo, we wouldn't have wasted our time failing the weekly heroic. You are the worst.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Destiny
Page 2 of 38Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next