Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fire Emblem Awakening

Go down 
+3
Superbuu3
Neo
SimianWonder
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Fire Emblem Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 5:51 pm

There's a demo on the 3DS store, and Christ it's a looker. Gameplay wise, it's much the same as previous FEs though there is a soft option for newcomers which means any units lost are automatically revived at the end of the level. When Fire Emblem goes soft, you know the world's gone mad. Still, it's an awful lot of fun and with this and Devil Survivor released soon, looks like I'll finally have something new on the 3DS to put some hours into.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 7:49 pm

The demo was very impressive. The anime cutscenes are gorgeous, the 3d custscenes not much worse, and while the battlefield itself still looks a little old-school, it's still huge fun to play.

Oh, and Marth's in it too.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 10:20 am

I know most people seem to shy away from handheld, and that Vita has a stronger following here than the 3DS, but did anyone else pick this up? It's received lots of praise from reviewers, and I'm a few hours in on a Hard mode run. Thus far, it's awesome. The graphics are great, the 3D looks wonderful, and it's properly bastard hard. Not cheap, just unforgiving of mistakes, a bit like a handheld, turn based Dark Souls. And yes, that's a very good thing.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 12:13 pm

It was apparently impossible to find in America for the first month or so because of demand, my copy is in the mail.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 1:21 pm

Ah, yes I've heard of similar shortages here, though whether it's genuine demand or simply low stock levels I'm not sure. Mine was pre-ordered ages ago, and arrived yesterday.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 4:29 pm

Just been for a quick Sunday stroll through the city centre; nowhere has any stock of this game. Heck a lot of places don't look like they even had any to begin with, with only Game actively showing "awaiting more stock".
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 5:04 pm

Indeed me and Moose are a strong following.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:38 am

"PICK A GOD AND PRAAAYY"
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 5:57 pm

Chapter nine. That's all I'll say. Don't spoil it for yourself if you have any intention of playing the game at some point, but Jesus I didn't see that coming. I've racked up some serious hours over the weekend, but that's indicative of how much content there is in the game and just how good it is. I think this has replaced Ocarina of Time as my favourite 3DS game, and that alone should tell you plenty.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 6:19 pm

I don't think anyone would've expected Jesus to show up in Fire Emblem.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 7:06 pm

Hey, he's in Family Guy all the time, why shouldn't Fire Emblem get some love?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 5:47 am

I hate Wyverns, skipping past my entire army to oneshot healers is extremely uncool.
Back to top Go down
Rosalyn_86
First Mate
Rosalyn_86

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 8:33 am

The demo was good, the character style reminds me of Valkyria Chronicles and it says "Player Phase" & "Enemy Phase" just like VC. <3

It only just came out over here, but will probably getz at some point.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 12:00 pm

Neo wrote:
I hate Wyverns, skipping past my entire army to oneshot healers is extremely uncool.
You need to suck less.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 6:07 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Neo wrote:
You need to suck less.

To be fair, the AI is unforgiving and it will target your weakest / most vulnerable character at every opportunity. Mind you, you can see the enemy attack range during your turn, so it's your own fault if any one falls within range.

Did you try the new DLC? Golden Gaffe is basically a map that helps you earn up to eighty grand each time through, which means you can stock up on silver grade weapons, Master Seals, Second Seals, and also Forge stronger weaponry for all your mains. There were also two additional maps to play, though those haven't been released yet, one for easy EXP, one for rare weapons, and they're basically there to help make grinding easier, though a fiver for DLC for a handheld game does seem pricey. I reckon it'll be worth though it if you plan on doing multiple playthroughs, which I do.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 12:25 pm

Donnel is a fucking unstoppable monster. Also this is probably the best game on the system along with Kid Icarus.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 6:35 pm

Disregard what I said about Donnel, Lucina is even more of an unstoppable monster.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 9:04 pm

During later Paralogues
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 9:26 pm

Oh I know, for the past day or so I've essentially been playing Medieval Eugenics Simulator 2013. This is my Lucina:
Spoiler:
Aside from the beastly stats (244 total, which will get even higher with time) she has Aether, Galeforce and Rightful King which, combined, let her more or less solo entire maps in a couple of turns. Donnel actually has a slightly higher stat total, thanks to his increased stat growth, but his skills are subpar in comparison.

I've actually got every possible second generation recruitment, with the exception of MU's child, ready to go, I'm just holding off doing them until I get the skills I want ready to be passed down.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 12:20 am

...So, Like, My only experience with these sort of games is Final Fantasy: Tactics/War of The Lions. How long will I survive this game?
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 1:40 am

The biggest difference is that you move your units all at once instead of one at a time based on a turn order, there's also no facing in FE but positioning is still extremely important, perhaps even more so. Besides that and the fact that characters are unique, thus limited in number to an extent, and can die permanently they play more or less the same.

I honestly think this is the best game on the 3DS so far though so you should definitely give the demo a try, if you end up buying it you can always ask for pointers.

Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 2:46 am

Neo wrote:
Besides that and the fact that characters are unique, thus limited in number to an extent, and can die permanently they play more or less the same.

Well, Tactics had it's share of unique characters (Construct 8.) and perma-death. Like, There's a mechanic character that can totally fuck over a certain easter egg by dying (turning into a chest/crystal after 3 turns ko'ed). So, I should be well used to the fear/risk of losing "that special character/item/easter egg whatever".

But I will give the demo a try and then snag it on amazon or something.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 4:26 am

Is it bad that the demo actually made me hate my character more than the others? Like, I was kidding when I named him, "Shitlord", I didn't think I'd start off ...well, like that. lol

But yeah, This is awesome. Amazon, Here I come.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:17 am

New batch of free stuff just got released for Europe copies, character from FE: Path of Radiance, the first free side mission and two teams for the multiplayer thing. Also a couple of paid DLC maps, one of them is the one that gives you truckloads of EXP apparently.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 6:39 pm

EXPonential Growth is great to a point; excellent for levelling underused characters or those newly acquired, but the likes of my MC or Chrom were still only getting 8 exp per kill because I've already re-classed them several times.

My MC married Lissa and both their children Morgan and Owain have inherited Lissa's Galeforce skill, with which they are currently able to gain 2-3 levels per run of the DLC. The Golden Gaffe map is perhaps more useful overall, but it's still nice to have the option to level up otherwise weaker characters.

Oh, and I think Owain broke the game. I reclassed him to Swordmaster and he's got so much skill and speed he gets double attacks on everything and almost always triggers Astra, before Galeforce kicks in and he gets to do it again. If anything does manage to attack him, he's got such high stats he just dodges it. Sorry Awakening, Owain broke you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening   Fire Emblem Awakening Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem Awakening
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next