Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saints Row IV

Go down 
+8
Kaio
Baal
SimianWonder
Superbuu3
Neo
Rockstar_Sinistar
brandon
A_Nonny_Moose
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Saints Row IV - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saints Row IV   Saints Row IV - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 8:29 pm

Neo wrote:
Yeah, we could. There were stories of copies of Mortal Kombat 9 being seized at customs though, god knows how seriously they'll take it this time.

The issue is not that I want the game though, as I've said I really don't. The problem is that we had to campaign for literally years on end just to get an 18+ rating introduced and now, when it seemed like progress had finally been made, a game that should be available to adults is being banned. If that's going to happen anyway what's the fucking point in an 18+ rating?

EDIT: It's basically like, instead of allowing adults to make their own choices, the classifications board has just bumped up a bunch of games that would have been 15+ to 18+ and continued to ban everything they would have before.
Could I gift this to you on steam?  Or is it somehow blocked on steam?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row IV   Saints Row IV - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 8:52 pm

You could, I could also just buy a foreign Steam key online or something. On console you can just use a foreign account and buy a prepaid card online. There's a million ways to get around this which makes the ban even more stupid.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row IV   Saints Row IV - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 9:05 pm

Well if you decide to increase your backlog you have choices.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row IV   Saints Row IV - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 9:05 pm

Volition are making an aussie-friendly version just for you guys.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/new-saints-row-video-game-banned-from-classification/story-e6frfrnr-1226669698605

Quote :
Volition, the developer, are reworking some of the code to create a version of the game for this territory by removing the content which could cause offence without reducing the outlandish gameplay that Saints Row fans know and love
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row IV   Saints Row IV - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 4:07 pm

So the actual content that got the game banned was an anal probe weapon, and the alien drugs you take to get super powers.

Quote :
The game includes a weapon referred to by the Applicant as an 'Alien Anal Probe'. The Applicant states that this weapon can be 'shoved into enemy's backsides'. The lower half of the weapon resembles a sword hilt and the upper part contains prong-like appendages which circle around what appears to be a large dildo which runs down the centre of the weapon.

When using this weapon the player approaches a (clothed) victim from behind and thrusts the weapon between the victim's legs and then lifts them off the ground before pulling a trigger which launches the victim into the air. After the probe has been implicitly inserted into the victim's anus the area around their buttocks becomes pixelated highlighting that the aim of the weapon is to penetrate the victim's anus.

The weapon can be used during gameplay on enemy characters or civilians. In the Board's opinion, a weapon designed to penetrate the anus of enemy characters and civilians constitutes a visual depiction of implied sexual violence that is interactive and not justified by context and as such the game should be Refused Classification.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row IV   Saints Row IV - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 6:40 pm

Yes, that sounds like about the bullshit I'd expect.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row IV   Saints Row IV - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 7:50 pm

Well when you put it like the humour kinda dies.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row IV   Saints Row IV - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 6:53 pm

While you all spent time bitching about Australia and prices, Keith David became the President's running mate.

Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row IV   Saints Row IV - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 1:30 am

Quote :
I was thinking that instead of removing the Alien Probe, they change it so every person you use it on now yells out "I consent to this."

That would be perfection. But first there must be a drawn out pause where the "victim" turns and faces your character, nods, says that line, and then proceeds with the probing.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row IV   Saints Row IV - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 4:37 pm

Well the anal probe is now a pre-order bonus or something that Australia just won't get. Not that it matters because the game has been refused certification again.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-29-saints-row-4-denied-classification-in-australia-again

This time because you can take alien drugs which give you super powers, which I assume they're worried could encourage people aged 18+ to take real alien drugs and get super powers.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row IV   Saints Row IV - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 4:57 pm

Intergalactic crack is whack.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row IV   Saints Row IV - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:09 pm

Space cocaine is hell of a drug.

Which apparently the rating board is taking.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row IV   Saints Row IV - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 11:28 am

Because of the changes, the aussie version is incompatible with the rest of the world for co-op.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-02-cut-version-of-saints-row-4-finally-granted-australian-release
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row IV   Saints Row IV - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 11:35 am

Wait for the inevitable "Saints Row 4 Pirated a shitload in Australia" or "Retailers Complain About Saints Row 4 Imports" articles.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row IV   Saints Row IV - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 9:07 pm

Been playing this a fair bit over the last couple of days, and I want to say how lazy the whole idea is, how poor the execution is, but... it's an absolute riot. I've laughed multiple times at the genuinely excellent script, the many, many shout-outs to various 80's and 90's pop culture. I wanted to moan about it, but it's absolutely won me over.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row IV   Saints Row IV - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 4:20 am

This game is really good. There a ton of dumb glitches that are going to require you to restart from your checkpoint, you'll get annoyed with certain mission gimmicks like the mayhem ones and the game lets you break it like a twig, but it's too fun.

Super powers are insanely fun to play around with, running across the city at high speeds to the point where you don't need a car is amazing, the soundtrack is fantastic, the references to 80s and 90s pop culture is hilarious, the references to past SR games is great, and the characters are all legit enjoyable and funny. I didn't think I would laugh and smile at a game as much as I did since Revengeance and maybe Wonderful 101 when it hits states, but SR4 just pulled out all the stops and kept going. If you think the game is just a poorly made attempt at making a full game out of DLC content or whatever, you're wrong, because there is so much love put into the game.

Assets are reused like hell and the game even takes a shot at itself for it,they obviously knew what they wanted in the game and managed to get everything they felt they needed and made a legitimately fun game that I feel is the best of the series. It's not without its problems, but it's easy to overlook them when the game is so charming and filled with such love from its creators. It's a shame this is the last game of the series, but I'm happy to see it go out on a high note.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row IV   Saints Row IV - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 9:31 pm

Doing a stealth parody mission, and a few stand outs moments thus far; you're told to shoot out the lights to make it dark. Fair enough, that's a staple for stealth games. Not enough for The Boss though; "Doesn't this place just have any bloody light switches?"

Second, shoot out a light near a guard, and there's a very Metal Gear Solid-esque sound affect to notify you that a guard is now aware of something. Only, instead of an exclamation mark over his heard, it actually say "WTF?"

There's another guard up ahead, talking to his wife. He's saying to her it is his job to simply walk in a predictable pattern that actually makes it easy to get past him, but it pays well so why argue? Besides that bitch doesn't have a job so why is she on his case? Really good dialogue in a scene that could be easily missed.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row IV   Saints Row IV - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 8:41 pm

Just beat the game, took twenty five hours or so, including all loyalty missions, 100% of simulation hacked and total completion of 92%. I've got say, I enjoyed the hell out of it. I honestly can't remember the last time I had this much sheer fun playing a game, even titles that are objectively superior.

Zinyak is far from being the generic alien boss he initially appears, he's a well-educated thoroughly likeable and - in places - highly witty bastard and his pseudo-posh-British accent played really well against my Boss's cockney brogue.

Criticisms? Technically it's not great, and the game did freeze on a couple of occasions though only after lengthy play sessions of four or so hours. It could also be argued that unless you're in your thirties you'll miss a lot of the gags, though it would be tough to criticise the game for that - a lot of the gags genuinely made me laugh, especially the homage to Transformers: The Movie (the G1 animated movie, not the Michael Bay tosh) at the end.

That's really about all I can think of. Everything else was a sheer joy.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row IV   Saints Row IV - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 11:52 pm

i like running around in my underwear
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row IV   Saints Row IV - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 1:06 am

This is like a Matrix version of [PROTOTYPE], on steroids
Nolan North is funny
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row IV   Saints Row IV - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 2:31 pm

This game starts like CoD, I hate the prologue mission. The Nuke part is fun though
Then there's the forced slow walking I hate, at least characters in the hallway made it fun
Then, the game plays like Saints Row, playing right
Then a mission like Pleasantville, and the thing I hate about David Cage games (why I don't play them):
  • Press button to put fork in your breakfast
  • Press displayed button to eat what's in the fork
  • Press displayed button to leave

Then it plays like Saints Row again, I like the return
Then it plays like [PROTOTYPE] version of Matrix, I dressed my character like Neo. The absolute fun starts there

The deal breaker is, I faced the deadly save bug, save file is lost after progress, and it refused to save after that

Potentially the most fun superhero game, and that one fatal bug stopped me from playing it all the way. After the frustration I removed the whole thing from my PC
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row IV   Saints Row IV - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 11:45 pm

I got the PS4 version. It's fun, but it still carries on my biggest issue with the series. Using the activities as main missions. Beyond the intro there's not been one actual mission so far. My game also has a bug which deletes my whole wardrode if I don't have any clothes equipped.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row IV   Saints Row IV - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 5:31 pm

As in everything you bought disappears or just the presets you made, either way stop running around naked.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row IV   Saints Row IV - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 1:32 am

There's that "remove all current clothing" option, which should just unequip everything. But it deletes all of the clothes I've bought. If I manually remove every item of clothing I lose everything too. So I always need at least one thing equipped.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row IV   Saints Row IV - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 7:42 pm

Just bought the Re-Elected and Gat out of Hell expansion from Game. Annoyingly, Gat out of Hell isn't on the disc, it's a downloadable extra with a code that comes on a card packaged with the game. Only my copy is pre-owned, so guess what? Yeah, no DLC card. Had the box been advertised as "no DLC" or somesuch, I wouldn't have bought it.

Sad to say, as much fun as the game is I don't want to spend £20 to play Saints Row IV again, especially as even in Re-Elected guise it still looks very last-gen. Textures and characters models look no different to my eyes, and while the frame rate does appear to be marginally better in parts it certainly doesn't warrant spending that kind of money on something I already played last gen. I'll be taking it back tomorrow, getting rid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saints Row IV   Saints Row IV - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saints Row IV
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next