Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'd like to watch this..

Go down 
+8
Zero
Talking Sock
Neo
PoweredBy42
Kaio
Skip
SimianWonder
Eevil-Psycho
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd like to watch this..   I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:12 am

Casa wrote:
Ace was too perfect to not die or turn evil.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to watch this..   I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:59 am

Neo wrote:
;_;
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to watch this..   I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 10:24 am

Sarbud how are you going through this so fast how many chapters you averaging a day?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to watch this..   I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 11:14 am

With the manga it's really not hard, I read up to Eneis Lobby in about a week before I got distracted.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to watch this..   I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:04 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Sarbud how are you going through this so fast how many chapters you averaging a day?

Several reasons:

1. I stopped watching the anime, just because I realized it wasn't worth it to keep up when I would just end up skipping through 90% just to watch how scenes from the manga translated to the screen. I'll go back and watch it when I'm caught up.

2. Starting from Duval, the story line really picked up. I wanted to get through it as quickly as possible. Like everything from meeting Keimi/Camie to the timeskip (with the exception of the Sabo flashback) was fantastic.
Though I imagine my opinion would be very different if I had had to wait each week between chapters.

3. Like Neo said, it's easy to skim through quickly, especially since the War arc was mostly action shots.

4. I realized I could skip every flashback chapter and doing so would not only save time but also drastically improve the pacing and quality of the story. I don't care about Luffy and Ace's dead* friend. All flashbacks are basically just Oda violating the "show don't tell" rule. Like I said earlier, so many flashbacks are completely superfluous and add nothing that couldn't be expressed in a single panel.

5. I've been on holiday. Other than Christmas, NYE and other social shenanigans I've had nothing else to do.

Given that I started on December 5th and that right now I'm on Chapter 614, I averaged about 20 chapters a day. Though to be fair that average is grossly inflated because in the past 48 hours I've probably read more than 100. I'm a quick reader I guess.

* yeah right
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to watch this..   I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 5:56 pm

Makino's baby is Ace's.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to watch this..   I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 6:15 pm

If any of you bring up a time discrepancy I will reply that we have a documented case of a woman keeping a baby in her womb for 20 months and then I will laugh again at how stupid that is.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to watch this..   I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 4:43 am

Jesus, and I thought I was doing well when I managed 60 chapters in a week.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to watch this..   I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:26 am

I read from the very begining through to end of Alabasta in four days when i first tried One Piece. That was four years worth in four days, but i felt really burnt out on it afterwards and didnt pick it up again for a good six months. Five to ten chapters a day is a nice amount though.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to watch this..   I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 6:03 am

So I hit a wall while reading the Fishmen Island arc (right as the flashback started, surprise surprise) back in January and haven't picked up the series since. I figure I might as well try and get back into it.

Quick question though: Has the story improved at all? I felt that starting from the Time Skip things felt really off and it just wasn't grabbing me like the earlier chapters had. Did things pick up?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to watch this..   I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 6:23 am

I'm enjoying the current arc that the anime is in. It's much better than the Fishman Island arc so far and it's nowhere near its conclusion.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to watch this..   I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 7:35 am

Casa wrote:
So I hit a wall while reading the Fishmen Island arc (right as the flashback started, surprise surprise) back in January and haven't picked up the series since. I figure I might as well try and get back into it.

Quick question though: Has the story improved at all? I felt that starting from the Time Skip things felt really off and it just wasn't grabbing me like the earlier chapters had. Did things pick up?

The arc after the Fishman one felt a bit more like classic One Piece and was better paced. The latest arc currently going on in the manga has also been enjoyable so far even though the plot's dragging a little(but that's to be expected considering the type of scenario the current arc has been revolving around).

You needn't worry about One Piece falling into a slump. That mediocre Fishman arc was just a freak anomaly and its stigma hasn't carried over into the following works.
Back to top Go down
Rman
Deck Hand
Rman

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to watch this..   I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 2:06 am

I just started getting into OP through the anime. So far, in 3ish weeks, I have made it up to episode 260. Though I have skipped most of the filler episodes.

I'd have to say Water 7/Enies Lobby has been the best arc at this point in the story. The whole thing has been deep and showed a darker side to the series.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to watch this..   I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 2:16 am

Yeah it really is a great series.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to watch this..   I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:01 am

I finally scrounged up the effort to continue reading the series and it only took me two months (that's how unenthusiastic Fishmen Island left me). I'm at 633 now and I just can't help but think over and over again how little I give a shit about anything that's happening right now. The villains are lame, the royal family is stupid, the token ANGST is totally contrived and I just want it to be over.

Like the villain just shot the princess' entire family but I don't care because a. seriously who are they and b. no one except Ace ever dies in One Piece any way.

I haven't seen any of the Strawhats in a couple chapters. That's a bad thing.

e: ah there they are. Well hopefully things will pick up.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to watch this..   I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:32 am

The arc after fishman island is good so far.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to watch this..   I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:51 am

It's pretty dumb that every baddie has a henchman who wields a sword so that Zoro can fight someone each arc.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to watch this..   I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 9:57 am

Casa wrote:
The villains are lame, the royal family is stupid, the token ANGST is totally contrived and I just want it to be over.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to watch this..   I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 10:13 am

SOK wrote:
Casa wrote:
The villains are lame, the royal family is stupid, the token ANGST is totally contrived and I just want it to be over.
Spoiler:
Yeah, I agree. She really annoyed me.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to watch this..   I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 10:20 am

I'm just glad to have Fishmen arc behind me now. I'm trusting you guys when you say Punk Hazard will be better.

(I am not looking forward to inevitable multi-chapter flashback that kills the pacing)
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to watch this..   I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 10:28 am

Also, arc tier list:

God Tier:

Arlong Park
Impel Down
Alabasta

Great Tier:

War
Water 7

Good Tier:

Enies Lobby
Sabaody Archipelago (for the beginning with Duval and for the finale with Kuma)

Decent Tier:

Thriller Bark (everything from Oz forward is good, everything before that drags)
Skypeia

-Insert everything I forgot here-

Shit Tier:
Post-War

Forced me to stop reading for seven months tier:
Fishmen Island
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to watch this..   I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 10:30 am

Finished Punk Hazard. It was alright, probably about the same level as Skypiea. No extended flashbacks thank god, but Caeser wasn't a very good villain and I disliked the over reliance on the henchman of both sides reacting to stuff and being dumb. I dislike it in general when the story only progresses because people act stupidly, so the henchmen's devotion to Caesar really grated on my nerves. There were some interesting plot developments and fights though, plus Smoker, Tashigi and Law's body-switching, so I rate it "decent".

People still aren't dying though, which is silly. Half the damn arc was spent discussing how poisonous everything was and how dangerous Smiley was and welp, everyone's fine... AGAIN.

I'm currently at 710 and I imagine I'm rapidly running out of material. Soon I'll be all caught up. Oh no.

So far the new arc's been fine. A tournament, oh boy I've never seen one of those before. Don't let my sarcasm fool you, I'm excited to see where it goes. That said, at the end of the latest chapter that stupid toy thing said he had to tell Franky the history of his people or whatever. You can probably imagine the fucking sigh that came out of my mouth.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to watch this..   I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 5:15 am

Welp, I'm all caught up at 718. Now I have to wait like you guys.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to watch this..   I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 5:46 am

Good.

Now, while your head's still full of OP-ness, go plan another One Piece mafia game for us to play, stat!
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to watch this..   I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 3:29 am

Ace 5ever

I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 OW5vqZW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to watch this..   I'd like to watch this.. - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'd like to watch this..
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next