Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z

Go down 
+4
BlackChaosDragon
Zero
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z   Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 11:37 pm

Well I'm not trying to insult you. I'm just saying zombie games being simple isn't really anything amazing. I don't see anything that made this game look like it was a competitor to the franchises you've compared it to though.

If a game features a sword and a guy does it make it a hack and slasher? I don't think so. Just how I'd argue God of War (which I actually really like) is a completely mindless button masher, admittedly I don't think i've played any of them through on god/titan mode, but I have beaten several GoW games on hard and button mashed. I personally wouldn't call GoW a DMC clone yet alot of people did.

Typically I find people are comparing games to other games that aren't necessarily the same genre i.e. gears of war and uncharted. Uncharted is a game which features set pieces and platforming sure it has TPS sections, but its certainly not just a TPS. Resident Evil and Silent Hill are very different beasts especially in this day and age although PS1 roots had similarities.

I'd honestly call Yaiba a beat'em up. Its got most of the typical things you seen simple enemies simple combat mechanics that allow for max destruction with majority of enemies just being fodder to cut through. I certainly don't think thats a bad thing.

Should I compare Dead or Alive to Street Fighter I certainly don't think so I wouldn't even compare it to Tekken or Soul Calibur. I mean you can act like Yaiba doesn't work to the criteria you set it, but I don't think it was trying to be the game you claim it was trying to be. Otherwise by that logic I really should be crapping on Dead Rising for having apalling beat'em up mechanics compared to Yakuza, but we both know that would be a pointless comparison.

Again not trying to be an ass.

@Moose: Consider something like Vampire Reign a game that was literally broken got a 3, then how does a functioning game get a 2? Ben 10 Ultimate Cosmic Destruction that I literally couldn't complete due to the game breaking gliitches got a 5/10. Shaun White Skateboarding another game that was notoriously impossible to complete due to glitchiness is a 4/10. Also on the other side of things Bayonetta a fully functional game on 360 getting a 9/10, but no lower score for the PS3 version which was a mess.

So I dunno am I being stupid saying that scoring a game that you can at least finish, being lower on your to buy list then several games I mentioned people reportedly couldn't finish? In all those cases glitches were wide spread across almost all players of that game.

Fact is people get hits for being dicks and its not uncommon, my most commented on professional review was actually the one I scored lowest. Hilariously which would've brought in the most revenue for the websites I'm on. Its even linked to from various other sites, so I would've got craploads of hits.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2