Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Darksiders 2

Go down 
+2
Ellis
A_Nonny_Moose
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darksiders 2   Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:42 pm

It was the same in the first, wasn't it? It's never really bothered me, although the only abilties I've found worth using are Harvest and Unstoppable, the first of which is an AoE and doesn't need to be targeted and the second which is just a self-buff.

Also I'm almost done with my first playthrough of this, I've unlocked the door to the final boss, cleared all levels of the arena available without being in NG+, got all the collectibles and am in the middle of the last remaining optional dungeon. Will probably play Sleeping Dogs once I'm done then return to this for a NG+ run and to clear the final stages of the arena.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Darksiders 2   Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:46 pm

I can't remember to be honest.

I'd switch lock-on to L1 and specials to L2 if I could though. That would be a lot easier. Reaper form would be L2+R2 that way as well, which makes more sense than L1+R2.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Darksiders 2   Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 3:42 pm

Yeah that's true, the buttons for reaper form feel a bit strange.

Anyway, after beating the final boss in less than a minute on apocalyptic I think I'm qualified to tell people how to break the game: Stack Crit Chance, Crit Damage and Strength in that order until you reach 40-50% crit or so then max out Harvest and Unstoppable. By the end of the game I had almost 60% crit for 450% bonus damage.

Ending was extremely underwhelming, I kinda hope there's some sort of post-story DLC as the likelihood of THQ existing long enough to produce another game doesn't look very good. That said, I'd buy the shit out of another two games with Strife and Fury, dual pistol and whip users respectively.

EDIT: Also it seems like NG+ has loads of extra unique weapons as well as higher level stuff in general, I got a copy of the final bosses weapon sent to me by Vulgrim and a unique scythe dropped off the ice titan miniboss during the first stage of the game. Will probably do another run of this after Sleeping Dogs.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Darksiders 2   Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 4:25 pm

I've only just restored the Maker's Forge, but I'm using anything that boosts experience and gilt so far. Found a few possessed weapons but they've all been weaker than the regular weapons I have and spending the time to build them up doesn't seem worth it yet.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Darksiders 2   Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 4:32 pm

If you upgrade your possessed weapons they will be better than anything else, except maybe uniques, at that level. From my experience a fully upgraded possessed weapon could be equal to a mid-range weapon 5 levels higher. What you want to do is pick a couple of stats and only sacrifice weapons that have one or more of those, that way you'll make the most of that weapons potential.
Sell everything that doesn't have the stats you chose and you'll never have a problem with money, I think I only bought a couple of non-potion items in the entire game anyway so I ended up rolling in cash.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Darksiders 2   Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:41 pm

This has frozen twice now.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Darksiders 2   Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:31 pm

3 times. The last two were in exactly the same place, this third one happening a couple minutes after I started playing.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Darksiders 2   Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:43 pm

I decided to go for longevity rather than raw power and kit out death with anything that helps with health restoration, since I like the combat and I like the longer battles. So I kept anything that had Critical Chance+ and Health on Crit until I found a decent possessed weapon, and now I have a level 16 scythe with 25% Critical Chance and I gain 38 health for every critical hit. Which isn't a lot, but it quickly adds up, and that's just the weapons stats.

I've been getting an extra 10-20% exp for most of the game too, so I'm probably stronger than necessary already. I'm just trying to get this 3rd Dead Lord to come along with me and I'm level 16.

Speaking of which, this is a part where it feels like it's dragging. The Bone King Dude gave some item to allow me to the control the Dead Lords, and I'm still having to run errands for them before them do what I say. What's up with that?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Darksiders 2   Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:45 pm

Oh god damn it. It just froze again.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Darksiders 2   Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 2:26 am

Once you have all three ghost dudes there's only one story dungeon left before you leave the Land of the Dead, I didn't really like that part either but that's more because the dead lord puzzles aren't very fun.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Darksiders 2   Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 2:46 am

After I finish this area I'm going back to the Forge Lands to do The Scar and that special dungeon that Vulgrim gives you the key for. I tried the Scar before I left the Forge Lands but I too weak and it was just annoying. I did manage to kill that giant lava bat thing though. Don't know how I missed that first time through.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Darksiders 2   Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 4:23 am

Do you mean the key you got in return for a book chapter? Those aren't dungeons, just rooms full of loot.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Darksiders 2   Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 7:37 pm

Fuck me Earth is annoying.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Darksiders 2   Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:45 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Fuck me
Still got it Moose.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Darksiders 2   Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 11:49 pm

Seriously, who thought suddenly turning the game into a zombie shooter would be a good idea? Sure, you can fight without the guns if you want, but the enemies are clearly designed to be fought with the guns.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Darksiders 2   Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 12:47 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Seriously, who thought suddenly turning the game into a zombie shooter would be a good idea? Sure, you can fight without the guns if you want, but the enemies are clearly designed to be fought with the guns.
Seems like this reeks of poor design decisions.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Darksiders 2   Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 1:03 am

That section was one big poor design decision. I got given a gun at the start of it, but I thought "Screw this, this feels terrible", so I went back to fighting with the scythe. Suddenly the game was noticeably harder than it had been. The Suffering in particular were complete bitches to fight. Big, fast, strong bastards.

Until I started using the guns. The difficulty fell back in line with the rest of game immediately, but it was boring.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Darksiders 2   Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:25 am

I think I made the exact same comment to Raz when I was playing through it. I get that Darksiders is a mashup of everything in video games but that part just didn't work.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Darksiders 2   Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:37 am

I got a talisman that turns any normal weapon drop into a possessed weapon, which is cool. Started building up some possessed secondary weapons too. Decided to go for strong elemental powers on the secondary weapons, just for fun. Got a pretty strong set of fire gauntlets and a set of ice arm-blades.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Darksiders 2   Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 3:18 am

If you want to be broken use the secondary claws you got from the final dead lord+spider boss fight, they give you a lifesteal on hit effect that seems to translate to your scythes and spells as well, you'll never need potions again.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Darksiders 2   Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 7:52 pm

I've stopped just before the final boss to go back and get all the worthwhile collectibles.

I have to say, that even though there is more than enough content in the game for it to feel complete with any DLC, it doesn't. Because the DLC is plainly meant to be there whether you buy it or not.

The Crucible is right there on every map and the game bugs you to do it every now and then by telling you more missions are available. It's free with every new copy of the game, so it's not too bad.

But.

As I've been playing the games I've noticed these invisible enemies dotted around. You can hear them and just barely make you their outlines, but you can't attack them. I looked up what the hell these things were, and it turns out they're part of a DLC quest. Even worse, a retailer exclusive DLC quest that I'm not even sure was available in the UK.

This is so annoying because as I said, the game is big enough without these things. I'm surprised Neo isn't up in arms about it, considering his reactions to on-disc DLC. This isn't just on the disc, it's actually in the damn game.

This is the first game I've played that is so clearly incomplete without DLC.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Darksiders 2   Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 11:17 pm

To be honest I forgot about those things entirely, I noticed them when I was in those areas but at the time I assumed I'd be coming back with a mask of shadows or something and I guess it never occurred to me that that didn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Darksiders 2   Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 11:18 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
To be honest I forgot about those things entirely, I noticed them when I was in those areas but at the time I assumed I'd be coming back with a mask of shadows or something and I guess it never occurred to me that that didn't happen.
Moose wanted you to defend his honour
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Darksiders 2   Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 11:22 pm

I can't save everyone.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Darksiders 2   Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 2:38 am

The Argul's Tomb pre-order thing and some other DLC called Death Rides just came out, I'm gonna hold off doing my NG+ playthrough until the season pass stuff is released but at least they didn't forget to release it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darksiders 2   Darksiders 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darksiders 2
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next