Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Empty
PostSubject: Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!   Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 12:31 am

I now have Zelda Skyward Sword thanks to Tobi. Soon I'll actually buy it so I can add it to my collection of Zelda games. I had to walk to a Walmart twice to buy the Wii motion + because the price that they show online are not the same as the store. The cashier told me if I buy it online they send it to a store I choose. Why couldn't I just buy it at the same price as online?

Anyway, we start outside with the legendary tale of what happened and why everyone is living in the sky. Link in this game is in a academy to become a knight. Knights fly around on the Loftwings (the birds). Also every knight has a tunic similar to Link's. Although during the beginning of the game Link and a few others are Trainees and they wear casual clothes. They added a stamina bar so you can dash and climb up high cliffs, walls, whatever. The stamina bar replenishes over time so no need to worry about that.

Controls for the sword are neat. You can move Link's arm while he's wielding the sword and act as if he's wielding a wand. But the reason for the player to be able to do that is because of a plot point later in the game. When swinging the sword you have diagonal, horizontal, vertical, and thrust and each of those except for thrust can be swing in different directions. For a diagonal swing you can start from the bottom right to top left or you can swing from top left to bottom right (not good at explaining). Also, there is a new vertical spin. Link hops and flips doing a vertical spin with his sword.

The academy also holds a race to see who will become a knight. That is the only way to become one so far that has been told.

They're also getting more into voice acting. The girl who is Zelda, sings a few times. Not in English or Japanese but in Hylian I guess.

I'm still not out of the starter island and I am quite entertained with this game so far.

Last edited by Dikken Cider on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!   Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 1:55 am

Dikken Cider wrote:
I had to walk to a Walmart twice to buy the Wii motion + because the price that they show online are not the same as the store. The cashier told me if I buy it online they send it to a store I choose. Why couldn't I just buy it at the same price as online?

Because that would be too convenient for Wal-Mart's taste. lol
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!   Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:48 am

That swinging mechanic sounds decent, my nephew will probably get this so i'll at least have a go on it.

Hope you actually stick with this game all your other LPs never finished.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Haseoviawesome
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!   Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Yeah... thats a big my bad.

Zelda loves pushing Link off of the island and high places. The first time Link's bird wasn't around and he tried telling her but Zelda wouldn't listen. Luckily Knights that fly around prevent everyone from falling by catching them.

Link has a bully in the academy named Groose. He wants to get in Zelda's pants and he appears most of the time when Zelda leaves Link after talking to him. Groose then gets into deep thought about him winning the race and getting to talk to Zelda alone. Zelda walks up to the group catching Groose talking about what he wants to happen during his meeting with Zelda.

Also there are now multiple reply options when a person asks Link to reply. For example a event that Link talks with Groose you get to reply with one of these 3 (Nice hair, Bring it, Give me back my bird).

During the race Link has to attempt to get the statue twice because the first time, Groose and his lackies prevent Link from grabbing the statue by ramming into him. Groose and his lackies then start throwing eggs at Link while attempting to grab it again. I just flew high into the air and dove into the bird holding the statue and not a single egg hit me that day.

After winning Link and Zelda go to the goddess statue to finish the knighthood ceremony. Not only do the winner of the race become a knight, they also get a small size cloth to be used as a parachute called the sailcloth. Zelda made the Sailcloth this year and when playing you can see it around her neck. To test it out, she shoves Link off the top of the goddess statue. Here you can control where you land by moving the wii mote in different direction. To continue I had to land on the bulls-eye at the bottom of the goddess. Also Zelda is a full 100% teaser on Link by acting like she's gonna kiss him only to shove him off the statue.

After the ceremony Zelda offers Link to go flying. Not long after they start to fly a tornado appears and knocks Zelda down to the surface, thus the plot happens. Link also gets knocked off but his bird saves him. He passes out and comes to in his room with Zelda's dad watching. After talking with him, he leaves and Link hears some weird voice talking outside his room. It's the sword girl who I followed to the Goddess statue. She then opens a secret room on the front of the statue.

Here is where the sword girl introduces herself and explains that Link and Zelda are part of a huge role to helping the sword girl. Zelda's dad comes into the sword room and explains how he had a feeling Link and Zelda were the chosen ones and only a few people know of this room. He and everyone else can also see the sword girl. Sword girl then introduces herself, her name is Fi. She takes out a piece of a broken table that Link places into the alter inside the sword room.

The next day Zelda's dad gives Link his tunic for becoming a knight. Fi then tells Link that off the island you'll be able to see a pillar of light where he can jump into to reach the surface using the sailcloth.

Like other Zelda games, the first dungeon is the forest dungeon. before I reach the temple I had to go through the forest meeting the forest people and a Goron. The forset people are small and furry a bulb on their back. The first one I found was surrounded by moblins and after taking out the moblins he runs from me thinking I was gonna eat him. After chasing him around he gives up and explains that he saw Zelda with the Forest people elder (I forgot the name of the race...). When I reach the elder, he says he is pleased that I helped out one of his people but Zelda left and he refuses to tell me where unless I help find 3 more of his people. After finding the 3 he gives me the slingshot and tells me where to go. Zelda went into the forest temple.

Last edited by Dikken Cider on Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!   Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:10 pm

The forest temple was simple. A lot of use with the sling shot for the first half of the temple. They've combined the map and compass so that the map shows where chests and switches are. The miniboss in the temple was Stalfos dual wielding swords. Obviously he blocks most attacks thrown at him but the easiest way is to run away from him then run back doing a jump attack. If the Stalfos is hit to many times while he's blocking he counter strikes. After defeating him a chest appears with the item of the dungeon.

Very few puzzles later I reach the boss room. The first boss is Ghirahim the guy show looks like the Gilded Sword from Majora's mask. Also I noticed his name looks similar to Agahnim in a way, just remove the N, replace it with R, rearrange the letters using the I twice. The script before the fight is dark for a first boss. Also Fi uses some pretty complex vocabulary that I doubt some kids would understand so they'll just skip past it. Fi also acts like a computer, saying results in percentages (A line that she says: There is a 85% chance that Zelda has gone into the Forest temple).

The boss battle was annoying at first. I didn't know what to do but after dying once I figured it out. First phase Ghirahim tries to block the attacks by predicting wear I would strike. If he succeeds he takes Link's sword uses it against him, eventually throwing it at Link. The second phase Ghirahim summons his sword and starts firing projectiles that can be flung away by swinging the sword correctly. Ghirahim has a dash attack that can be countered when timed correctly. Also, this is the first time that I can remember where you do not use the item you get in the dungeon to beat the boss. It's just a duel with swords which is awesome. After beating Ghirahim, he teleports out and the heart container appears (What surprises me is that you start with 6 hearts this game. That is one thing I didn't like about the game so far and I suggest you master swinging the sword when fighting bosses like Ghirahim because moblins can block attacks too).

After picking up the heart container I go into magic portal that teleports me into the alter after the boss room. Here is where I got the next piece of the tablet that shows the next dungeon. Fi then says that Zelda's role is to go to each of the altars and open them for you by singing or something while playing the harp of the goddess.

I leave the forest and return to the sky, instead of continuing the plot I go exploring on other islands. One of the islands is a mini-game but it's closed till later in the game. By the looks I say it's like the Goddess statue when Zelda shoves me off and I had to land on the bulls-eye. The other island I visited was a bar with a huge chandelier that has a heart piece and a few rupees on it. One of the bartenders tells me to not roll into the walls because it would cause the chandelier to fall. which I did because I want the heart piece, but doing so got the owner of the bar mad and I have to work off a dept.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!   Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:13 pm

By the looks I say there are 9, 7, or 12 dungeons in this game not counting the cave I had to run through to find my Loftwing.
Like Wind Waker you travel by Loftwing and jump off to land. If you miss your landing which I doubt is possible because you can slow down, you can recall the loftwing to pick you back up to try again.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!   Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 5:55 am

After doing the first task, the Lumpy Pumpkin (the bar) owner wants time to think on what he wants me to do next. So I go back to Skyloft to place the next part of the tablet into the alter. Which is the Fire temple in Eldin Volcano. Instead of Gorons they have a new race called Mogmas. Mogmas are mole people who are also scared of Moblins. And almost everyone I run into seen Zelda or a person in a black cloak. Eldin Volcano has more lava than land. A lot of the land are jumping stones or slanted hills that require stamina to run up. Here is where the Mogma's give the tutorial on how to roll bombs which is a vital step to making the path to the temple. After rolling and tossing a lot of bombflowers. Although they did teach me that they also gave me Mole claws to dig for treasure in ground where it has a "x" at on the ground. I eventually reach the entrance to the temple, the mogmas that are there tell me that Moblins destroyed the key to open the door to the temple into 5 pieces that are buried somewhere on Eldin Volcano. After collecting all 5 pieces I return to the sky to upgrade some equipment.

With my shield destroyed by the first boss, Ghirahim. I buy the new Iron Shield that the shop keep has on sale. Apperantly each shield so far has a weakness to an element (Wood weak to fire, Iron weak to electric). After buying the Iron Shield I go around looking for digging spots and farm up supplies in the Skyloft cave. While digging I get a medallion that increases item drops from monsters which made farming much faster. I then go and upgrade the iron shield and buy a wooden shield with an upgrade.

Beedle from Wind Waker is in this game, now he's in a flying house. I bought the bug net from him with addition pouch for my inventory.

Turns out they added side quests into the game to help the people of Skyloft. The first request is to save a kidnapped girl from a demon. This starts from a Bulky guy walking around, he tells me to go talk to the mother for more information. The mother tells me she was last seen walking out of the house at night. I walk around Skyloft looking for her but nothing found. I eventually run into Bulky guy's sister who says and Old man at the Lumpy Pumpkin has been telling tales of a Demon in Skyloft. So I fly to the Lumpy Pumpkin and the old man is sitting at the table where the Chandelier fell. He tells me that the Demon only comes out at night in the graveyard in Skyloft and that the Demon takes whoever is there into a secret room there. So I flew back to skyloft and surely enough after hitting a specific gravestone, a door opens leading down to a hidden old house at the bottom of the floating island. Inside is a Demon called, Batreaux. He and the girl have been meeting up and playing games every night because she is the only person who is not afraid of him.

Also Tobi says that there is a Dragon Quest spoof in this because he wants Link to collect Gratitude Crystals which is obtained by helping out the town or randomly found on islands. The crystals look like the crystals that you collect in Mario Galaxy.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!   Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 2:42 am

So far I’ve found 21 Gratitude Crystals, 15 of them from helping out people from Skyloft. According to Tobi, there are 80 Gratitude Crystals. I’ve done all the requests I can do at this point in the story seeing how nobody needs help at night or day.

Also apparently the Eldin Volcano Temple is not called the Fire Temple but the Earth Temple. And it felt pretty short. Getting to it was more difficult than beating it. For the miniboss they brought back the twin Lizalfos from Ocarina of Time. The room looked similar in a way too. To beat them I had to predict and change attacks on how they’re using their shields. If they successfully block they counter with an uppercut. If one is targeted the other won’t attack so I didn’t have to worry about being attacked form the other. Defeating them revealed the chest to the bomb bag which belonged to a Mogma named Ledd who decides to give it to me for helping him out and that I had a good reason why I was there.

After rolling around on a Stone Ball and running from rolling boulders like Indiana Jones, I make it to the Boss room. I forgot to mention this earlier but they added a new feature to the boss room door and key. You turn the key until it fits the shape of the lock.

Ghirahim, the first boss in the game, was in the room and he was angry because he went all that way after hearing Zelda was caught but she was freed by some person in a black cloak. Mad that he was he awakened one of the boulders I ran from which turns out to be the boss of the Earth Temple. This boss was easy. Again like the Lizalfos, it reminded me of King Dongo from Ocarina of Time, only this time it’s a ball of lava covered in rock. Now I get to use the item I got in the dungeon to defeat the boss. Just throw a bomb at it to make it roll to the bottom of the hill. Then when it is breathing in to blow out some fireballs, throw a bomb in its mouth and slice its eye.

After beating the boss I get teleported to the Sacred Alter room. I find Zelda dressed in white with the person in black. Turns out it’s a female Shiekah who is helping out Zelda in her quest. After getting the trash talk of the century from the Shiekah lady, they both teleport out of the temple (I think Link in this game is about Failure, at the beginning of the game, Zelda tells her dad that Link shouldn’t enter the race because he’s been lazy and has not had any practice. So it hints that this Link fails a lot).

After getting the third piece of the tablet, I fly back to Skyloft to set it in place. Surprisingly at first glance it looks like it would take 4 pieces of a tablet to fill in the whole thing but it’s only 3. The last place is in the Desert, which again surprised me.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!   Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 3:48 pm

This is going to be on hold for a few days. I had to go home from Tobi's for school so it will be on hold till next weekend.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!   Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 6:10 pm

Ok, so I am back at Tobi's place. Time to play more Zelda.

After Placing the 3rd and final tablet, I checked the bar owner at the Lumpy Pumpkin to see if he had anything new that I can do. He wanted me to help his daughter carry pumpkins from the pumpkin patch to their storage.

Honestly this mini game was annoying as hell, you can only go straight or side to side, while balancing pumpkins. At first I did not know what to do, I kept going straight but I couldn't move without the pumpkins going out of balance. What I had to do was go to the side first then go straight. If 1 pumpkin falls they all fall.

After receiving my Gratitude Crystals, I return to Batreaux, to receive my first reward from him.
The first prize is an permanent upgrade to the wallet.

Also they made it so Link has 2 different inventory pouches, 1 is for miscellaneous items such as bottle, medallions, and extra pouches, etc. While the other pouch contain the weapons such as the slingshot, bombs, and others treasures.

And yes you can buy upgrades to pouches or for ammo and the wallet but it'll take up a slot in the miscellaneous pouch.

Anyway, after receiving my gift from Batreaux, I fly off to the new area. After exploring for a bit, Fi tells me that the Desert is a few centuries old and a race used to live here. Judging from the broken robots lying around, I guess it's a robot society. This area is just once time travel puzzle. There are black crystals that when activate, a small area around the crystals goes back in time to when the desert was not a desert and the robots were alive.

Not only was this area a puzzle about time travel, I also had to use Stamina a lot, and I mean a LOT. Most of the desert is quicksand so to get to places I had to run across it but use the stamina sparingly. Luckily a robot updated my map so that I can see the hidden paths under the sand that I can run across without sinking.

I finally reach the next dungeon. My History geek Goron friend is waiting there. He says that the entrance to the Temple of Time has been destroyed and hints that there may be a hidden entrance somewhere. After some travel I find a large lock with a robot next to it. It tells me that the hidden passage can only be opened if the 3 generators has been activated. Each of the 3 generators had small puzzle to solve. Eventually I activated all 3. After unlocking the big lock the hidden passage is revealed and I entered the Temple of Time.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!   Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:28 pm

Is this a step forward then as far as Zelda games go?

I only really played LTTP, Minish Cap and WW.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!   Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:43 pm

Gamespot said this was a terrible game. Every other review site said it's the best game ever made. I still want to know why Gamespot was the only one to give it a bad score.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!   Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 10:02 pm

Ellis the Stampede wrote:
Gamespot said this was a terrible game. Every other review site said it's the best game ever made. I still want to know why Gamespot was the only one to give it a bad score.
They didn't get sponsored because no one gives a crap about there reviews. Thats about the only thing i can imagine.

Honestly gamespot is terrrible even compared to the other gaming sites which have terribly biased reviews.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!   Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 11:08 pm

After watching the review I give them props. All the problems they claimed the game to have make sense. Granted I've never played it and probably never will, but I can see how everything they said makes sense, especially after playing twilight princess. You should watch the review.

http://www.gamespot.com/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/videos/video-review-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-6346095?tag=summary%3Bwatch-review
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!   Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 12:23 am

Personally I'm actually starting to think this is better than OoT and thats a lot coming from me who has played OoT a billion times.
I beat the Temple of time and now starting on the next set of dungeons.

And Zelda has not been kidnapped, she's actually going off on her adventure. So she is not useless so far.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!   Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 12:26 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Is this a step forward then as far as Zelda games go?

I only really played LTTP, Minish Cap and WW.

If it goes as I think it goes it only has 7-8 dungeons.
From what Tobi told me it has a few hidden equipment to find. One of them being the best shield in the game.

Traveling, it feels like WW but quicker. While flying you can accelerate by flying up in the air and diving, or fly through a island with a booster in it.
A lot of interesting side quests so far. They've brought back an old one from Majora's Mask for Nostalgia.
Certain enemies will have an advantage depending what type of shield you have (that is if you attempt to block). Shields are sold at the market, and can be upgraded for higher durability. The sword you use is just like the unpowered master sword in WW, but you dont upgrade it till after the 3 tablets (which I'm working on now).

I started playing through the Zelda games again (almost done on the first and second already). Just to see if this is better than the others, etc.

Overall I love this game so far and I'm probably only halfway through.

Last edited by Dikken Cider on Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!   Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 12:32 am

It has 7 dungeons
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!   Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 12:48 am

entered the Temple of Time. Like the Desert puzzles, the Temple was filled with time puzzles and quick sand.

I also forgot to mention that enemies here have a electric element with their weapons so I had to switch to my wooden shield.

Beamos in this game are way different than before. Instead of hitting them with a bomb you had to get them dizzy with the Blower (not the name of the item but similar), then slice them up. A flying enemy in this temple shoots rockets and projectiles which you hit back at it.

The boss this time was a giant Scorpion that burrowed in the sand. To find it I had to use the blower to blow away the sand. Hit the obvious weak points and eventually kill it. The boss was actually faily easy this time. Maybe it's because I'm used to the controls now.

After killing the boss I get teleported to the alter. There I see Zelda and the Shiekah lady. Then to ruin our reunion, Ghirahim pops in to attempt to capture/kill Zelda which Impa Stops with a huge barrier, Link does a really high jump attack but Ghirahim dodges. Giving Zelda and Impa enough time to teleport away through a portal that Impa destroys so V doesnt follow
I love Impa...

More will be posted later because I had to do a quick update for now before Tobi got back on.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!   Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:35 pm

Before Impa and Zelda teleport away, Zelda tosses the harp over to Link. After this event, Fi tells me I need to go back to the Faron woods to talk to the elderly lady inside the ancient temple.

I return to Skyloft to buy upgrades and the new shield, the Sacred Shield. It has now element weakness, it regenerates it's durability over time, the only downside is the low durability. After buying my upgrades I check around for me sidequests. The bar owner wants me to play my harp while his daughter sings. I could not complete this, to difficult for my shaky hand.

So I fly to the Faron woods. While skydiving, Groose falls from above screaming, grabs a hold of Link, and we both fall. Turns out Groose was watching how often Link left Skyloft and decided to follow. He wanted to help or find Zelda himself. After him having a mind fuck of there being a world under his, he listens to Link explain everything. Once he learned the elderly lady might have a clue to where Zelda is, he runs off to find the Elderly lady. Funny how he knew where to go, without a guide, for his first time there.

When I meet the Elderly lady, she tells Groose to back off because this is Link's job. She then teaches me a song for the harp. She also tells me to protect Zelda I need to increase my Swords power by collecting the 3 sacred flames. After playing the new song I received, the ground begins to shake. The seal that I activated near the beginning of the game has been broken and it released a giant, large mouth, no arms, demon thing. I had to defeat it before it reached the ancient temple. To do so I had to hit the pedestal on it's head. To do it I had to fly using the sailcloth, or destroy its toes.

After killing the demon, the Elderly lady tells me to find the 3 flames I should talk to someone in Skyloft who knows all the secrets of Skyloft. That person being Zelda's dad, he tells me that the song she sings has the key to finding the way to the Light Tower (dont remember the name, or if it's the correct tower). Also 2 windmills on skyloft pointing at the large tower in Skyloft will reveal an alter that will guide me to the Light Tower.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!   Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 5:15 pm

I knew where one of the windmills in Skyloft were, but I did not know where the second one was. I immediately found it after finding the first because it was on the hill on tear the residential are of Skyloft, pretty easy to spot. To move them I had to use the blower on there propellers. The first had one but the second windmill did not. The guy nearby explains that it flew off a long time ago and fell beneath the clouds. he also told me that I would need a robot to carry it because it's to heavy to carry. So I go the the upgrade guy and talk to him about his broken robot.

After fixing it, the robot reboots and comes to life. It does not like Link to the point that he teases him, although he loves Fi. So he agreed to help me out only if Fi tells him what to do. I knew where the propeller was but I decided to listen to what the guy at the windmill said about the Fortune teller. All I have to say about the Fortune teller is... THOSE EYES!!!! Glassy, round, diamond pupil looking eyes! For a price of 10 rupees he told me where the propeller was. Even though that is all I had to talk to him about, I continued paying him to tell me where all the collectible treasure were.

The propeller was at Eldin mountain, not far from the Earth Temple. After calling the robot we got the propeller and flew back to Skyloft, to the windmill with the missing propeller. The guy there fixed it up for me and I used the blower to move it in place. At the top of the Large tower in Skyloft, a alter appeared with a mirror. When I reached the top, I played the harp and the alter moved around to where the mirror reflected a beam of light into the large dome of swirling clouds.

After that I leave Skyloft to fly into the large dome. The dome is just an additional area to fly in with a few new islands. One being the Light tower. It wasn't a dungeon or anything, I just had to complete a puzzle to enter it and in I went. Inside was one large room and a cutscene. A goddess statue tells me that to find the 3 flames I had to go through a trial to find them. The first trial is at the Faron woods, where I would take the trial of Farore. After learning the song to find the entrance to the place where the flame is held I leave the Light Tower.

At Faron woods I find a glowing group of butterflies, Fi told me I had to play the harp at these locations. After playing the harp with Fi, I had to stab the ground where a pedestal symbol appeared. After that I got transported into the spirit realm.

The trials is the collection of tears from Twilight Princess, more difficult. Since it's the spirit realm, it was just Link's soul and I had no items or weapons. I had to collect 15 tears without getting hit by the guardians, if I was hit I had to start over. I actually got hit once, almost twice. Eventually collecting all 15 tears, I return to the real world. Everytime I complete a trail the tear vessel gives me and item. This time it is the Scale of the Water Dragon. This allows me to swim underwater (I see a water temple coming).
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!   Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:43 pm

Wait are you using people for help? Because if they've consulted a guide or know all the secrets, you basically are using a guide.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!   Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 6:10 am

Indirect guide usage is still guide usage.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!   Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 4:19 pm

No just me, Tobi watches here and there and tells me want new features they have in the game, other than that no help at all.
He just got done telling me about a Hero mode, where you run through the game again with only 6 hearts and bosses drop no heart containers. Enemies have double their health and damage. So I'm gonna run through again just to try it out if it's true.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!   Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 4:30 pm

Well... I'm far behind on this lets play.

Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!   Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 5:16 pm

After getting the scales of the water dragon, the leader of the forest people told me to go up the Great Tree ( looks like it could be the deku tree), and talk to the elder of his people. After climbing up the trees from the roots, I reach the elder who tells me about the Water Dragon and where to find her. I pretty much already knew where to go but he told me how to unlock the door to get to her.

The door is very close to where I met the Leader of the forest people. To open it I had to draw the missing part on the symbol of courage. Behind the door is a large waterfall and the lake of this game, Lake Floria. I also met another new race here. They didn't say what they were but they look like octorocs. Like every new race I ran into, they thought I was a moblin until I talked to them. The first one I met led me to the water Dragon. It also mentioned that the Water Dragon was attacked by monsters and get injured.

I thought the Water Dragon would be huge, especially because of the size one big enemy defeated that the guy said she killed many of. Sadly, when I got there, she is tiny as a average snake. She told me if I could help her out with healing her injuries she would tell me where to find the sacred flame. To do that I had to run back to the forest temple and go into the alter at the very end. Going through this again felt like a mini dungeon. Different enemies inhabited the place and a couple doors were locked again.

After receiving the water I return to the water dragon. After giving her the water, she grew in size (Still not as big as I thought she would be but large). She told me to get the sacred flame I would have to go through the temple that is through the cave behind her.

The cave this time was a Buddha theme, water, and a bit of undead. under the large buddha staue was where all the undead stuff was. It was also the best place to farm Evil crystals, a treasure to upgrade equipment. The item in this temple is the Whip, it doesnt harm enemies but it's used for switches that are out of reach.

The boss in this temple was hardest one yet. It's really all about timing its attack then ripping its arms off to hit the weak point. To defeat it I had to use one of its sword it wielded.

After defeating the boss I reach the room where the sacred flame is held. Fi basically controls the flame and shoots it into the sword. The flame in this temple doubles my damage and increases my sword's length.

I leave the the forest and head back to Skyloft, to check up on any new upgrades. I did upgrade my sacred shield to it's best form, the Divine shield. Fledge, the guy who gave the adventure pouch at the beginning of the game, needed help buff up to become stronger. So for the next couple ingame night I gave him Stamina potions. Batreaux, the demon of Skyloft, gave me a heart piece, wallet upgrade, and the Evil medal for collecting 60/80 gratitude crystals.

An island called Fun Island, was just about done. The owner needed help getting a wheel that fell through the clouds. Knowing where it was at, I flew to the desert and retrieved it. The island is a skydiving mini game. Since I helped him get his wheel, the first game is free. How it works is that you diving down with no Sailcloth to the bottom and land on a rupee along the outer ring of the island. While diving you have to avoid the floating purple balloons with the guy's face on it. To get more rupees, fly through the blue and yellow rings. the free game I landed on a 5 rupee but went through all the rings so it increased to 50 rupees. The second game I landed on the jackpot with all the rings, getting me 500 rupees and a heart piece.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!   Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haseo plays through Zelda: Skyward Sword with no guide to help. Also Major Spoilers!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next