Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory Empty
PostSubject: Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory   Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 11:02 am

Doing this playthroguh on hard mode because according to some stuff I looked up there's not much of a difference beyond enemy placement and Nemesis dropping a few weapon items upon death.

EDIT: A fucking few minutes in and I already died because I couldn't figure out the controls quickly enough, yikes.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory   Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 11:10 am

Tank controls, forward, rotate, same as default RE4/5

R1 lock on enemy, R2 lock on environmental destructive object. X while those held down is fire.

X is examine

[] is run.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory   Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 11:11 am

The main problem I had was with running, I'm too used to RE4 and RE5's "X to run".
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory   Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 11:14 am

I'll tell you one thing I do not miss about these games, pre-rendered doors having their own little opening screens.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory   Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 11:15 am

Baal wrote:
The main problem I had was with running, I'm too used to RE4 and RE5's "X to run".
Oh right, completely forget its the opposite way around.

Oh yeah and most importantly you can dodge if you press R1 at the right time or possibly fire at the right time. You'll do it by accident eventually just remember what you did. It makes the game a lot of fun.

Down and [] will make you do a 180 turn and you really need it in this one. I'm pretty sure that isn't in the earlier REs.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory   Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 11:21 am

So instead of telling Jill what's coming after her, Brad decides to be a massive dick and just leave her in the dark? I can not wait to see this guy get eaten up by Nem.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory   Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 11:24 am

On another note the cutscenes on this game I thought were great.

To this date i think it has my favourite gaming cutscene ever. Although the opening to Urban Chaos on PS1 was pretty nuts to.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory   Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 11:25 am

I have to admit, even if I'm not that far in the game I'm already enjoying it more because it feels more fluid than the first two RE games.

EDIT: Ah a shotgun! I shall name it, Rodrigo.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory   Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 11:36 am

God dammit, who soaks a rope in oil? Now I have to go back and get the god damned lighter and lighter fluid that I had already put into the item box.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory   Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 12:14 pm

Things that have managed to scare me so far...

1. Jill's Outfit
2. Hearing the giant "slam" in the RPD Department while I'm away from the from the main office and coming back to the main office to see that Nemesis has stopped ramming the door.

Well played RE.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory   Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 12:36 pm

Nemesis comes crashing through a fucking window with a goddamned RPG? I fucking love this guy.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory   Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 5:17 pm

Baal wrote:
Nemesis comes crashing through a fucking window with a goddamned RPG? I fucking love this guy.

They should make an inside stage for UMvC3 just so Nemesis can enter by busting through a wall or window.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory   Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 5:20 pm

Its a shame no one ripped off nemesis's chasing mechanic. Not many bosses have that personal touch nemesis does.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory   Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 5:38 pm

The Dahaka from PoP: WW was the closest I've seen. It was scripted with no randomazation but the chase scenes got pretty intense.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory   Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 5:44 pm

Ellis wrote:
The Dahaka from PoP: WW was the closest I've seen. It was scripted with no randomazation but the chase scenes got pretty intense.
That was another criminally underated games. Too date some my favourite combat mechanics. The chases were really intense, shit i got the trilogy on PS2, buying it on PS3 just seems redundant, but i can't be assed to hook that up.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory   Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 10:03 am

Baal wrote:
Doing this playthroguh on hard mode because according to some stuff I looked up there's not much of a difference beyond enemy placement and Nemesis dropping a few weapon items upon death.

EDIT: A fucking few minutes in and I already died because I couldn't figure out the controls quickly enough, yikes.
And Jill having two less slots until Carlos gives her the shoulder pack

Baal wrote:
RE4 uses square for run, that's the default control, at least both me and my cousin have it like that
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory   Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 12:03 pm

It's always been X as far as I remembered in RE4. The japanese controls of RE4 are Square to run for some reason though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory   Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baal plays RE3 for Fortune and Glory
Page 1 of 1