Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded

Go down 
+4
Golden Boy
Zero
Ace
Baal
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded   Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:36 pm

Tekken may not be as deep as Virtua Fighter but it's still a very well made game.

...Even if the tournaments suck.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded   Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:47 pm

Baal wrote:
Tekken may not be as deep as Virtua Fighter but it's still a very well made game.

...Even if the tournaments suck.
I'm not saying tekken is bad i'm saying virtua fighter is better. Also Tekken was better previously 2, 5 and tag being the best in the series.

You also can't say it hasn't been catering to fan service recently.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded   Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:48 pm

Oh I'm not saying it isn't. Adding in Asuka and Lili pretty much confirmed that along with the retarded robot chick.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded   Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:53 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Skip wrote:
That's because no one cares about Virtua Fighter.
ITs just because tekken is more people for interested in upskirts then decent fighting mechanics.

Or because VF looks boring.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded   Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:54 pm

This thread is confusing.

Anway I'm hyped for UMvC3 and Street Fighter X Tekken. Only because of Hugo, Yoshimitsu and poison. Fuck yeah hermaph poison is sexy.
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded   Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:04 pm

Blair Waldorf wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Skip wrote:
That's because no one cares about Virtua Fighter.
ITs just because tekken is more people for interested in upskirts then decent fighting mechanics.

Or because VF looks boring.

Combatants made out of air, versus a game that every character uses a unique and real fighting style?
Surely you jest. If we're talking about games that look fun and flash, dead or alive craps on tekken it also does fan service better. When we talk about realistic fighters which don't involve opponents that are bouncy balls, then virtua fighter kicks its ass.

Tekken 6 pushed tekken into a place where its jack of all trades master of none.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded   Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:05 pm

I used to play Virtua Fighter in arcades a lot. Haven't played one in years.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Mewmaster
You're lying Dammit!
Mewmaster

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded   Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 8:12 pm

Baal wrote:
good fighting game story
Guilty Gear

Nice joke there Baal.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded   Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 9:06 pm

If you think Guilty Gear has a bad story then you really need to actually look at the other games.
Back to top Go down
Mewmaster
You're lying Dammit!
Mewmaster

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded   Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 9:21 pm

Baal wrote:
If you think Guilty Gear has a bad story then you really need to actually look at the other games.

Other games as in the other Guilty Gear games, or other games as in the other fighters?
If it's the first one, then I've played all of the ones that have a story to them, and I can attest to the fact that Guilty Gear does not have a good story.
If it's the second one, then I've looked into the other games enough to know that their stories are either mediocre or bad. Sure that makes Guilty Gear's story look better by comparison, but it's really not that hard to make something bad look good when you compare it to other forms of crap.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded   Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 9:42 pm

I'm not comparing it, it's good on its own. When I saw you've played the other games I mean when you extensively known the story and played enough of the games to understand it, about the only thing that makes no sense in Guilty Gear is Sol surviving killing his past self and in a series of time travel and living hair weirder things have happened.
Back to top Go down
Mewmaster
You're lying Dammit!
Mewmaster

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded   Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:08 pm

Baal wrote:
I'm not comparing it, it's good on its own. When I saw you've played the other games I mean when you extensively known the story and played enough of the games to understand it, about the only thing that makes no sense in Guilty Gear is Sol surviving killing his past self and in a series of time travel and living hair weirder things have happened.

Well actually, I-No killed Order-Sol, something that many fans don't seem to realize.
But that's not the only problem I have with the story...Ok, to save time I'll just make a quick list:

-Axl's story, which in all honesty sounds very interesting on paper, really hasn't gone very far over the course of many games and the supplementary materials, and we honestly haven't learned much about his connection to Raven, his parallel existence, despite there being enough chances for them to do so.
-Slayer, his entire existence in general. An immortal, super powerful vampire who can beat Sol without even trying and was alive without anything holding him back...And he never bothered to kill Justice...Why?
-A few characters who have no real purpose in existing in the plot, such as Jam, Zappa, Bridget and A.B.A. Now you could make an argument for Jam when you consider her fighting style, but Zappa contributes nothing besides giving Faust something to do, Bridget has and never will do anything, and A.B.A. is only here because of her weapon, which is an important part of the plot.
-Their lack of explaining shit. Take Crow from AC+ for example. How many times does this guy appear in the story again? And yet the only info we really get from him is that he did something to Johnny's mentor, and Anji recognizes him...Oh, and he can apparently make clones of Justice, which I will admit is interesting simply for the fact that this means he probably had something to do with Valentine.
-Speaking of Overture, just the fact that they bring up about a million things that were never brought up before in the series, like the Backyard and the Cube, oh, and the simple fact that they never bother to explain where the fuck most of the other characters have gone off too, even though there is reason enough for a few of them to get involved in the events of the game.
-And speaking of Overture AGAIN. That Man. Just everything about him reeks of a horribly written villain. No more needs to be said about him.

I will admit that some of my problems with the plot are probably because I don't read the supplementary stuff, save for brief summaries that I've seen on Dustloop, but to be honest, if they aren't going to include these details in the game and leave it all in Japan, then why should I give a fuck?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded   Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:25 pm

Quote :
-Axl's story, which in all honesty sounds very interesting on paper, really hasn't gone very far over the course of many games and the supplementary materials, and we honestly haven't learned much about his connection to Raven, his parallel existence, despite there being enough chances for them to do so.

True, that is a plot thread that needs more filling.

Quote :
-Slayer, his entire existence in general. An immortal, super powerful vampire who can beat Sol without even trying and was alive without anything holding him back...And he never bothered to kill Justice...Why?

Because he couldn't kill her? The reason Sol could do it was because he was the prototype Gear and couldn't be controlled by Justice.

Quote :
-A few characters who have no real purpose in existing in the plot, such as Jam, Zappa, Bridget and A.B.A. Now you could make an argument for Jam when you consider her fighting style, but Zappa contributes nothing besides giving Faust something to do, Bridget has and never will do anything, and A.B.A. is only here because of her weapon, which is an important part of the plot.

Jam is there because she was usually tied to Ky's stories and sort of helped him here and there, now she's sort of just around. Not so much a problem with the story as it is a character stagnating. Bridget was around for a while because he was looking for his brother whom if I remember correctly actually had some involvement in the story for a while. ABA is there for the key, basically and Zappa is the shenanigans character you see in several games he doesn't have any sort of tie to the story just like that type of character generally does.

Quote :
-Their lack of explaining shit. Take Crow from AC+ for example. How many times does this guy appear in the story again? And yet the only info we really get from him is that he did something to Johnny's mentor, and Anji recognizes him...Oh, and he can apparently make clones of Justice, which I will admit is interesting simply for the fact that this means he probably had something to do with Valentine.

Crow was introduced in AC+ for the sake of tieing more loose ends to Overture, of course there's going to be questions, AC+ is still the latest game in the series. I could understand you having a problem if he showed up in future games for the sake of fucking nothing but he's supposed to be sort of a mystery right now. Now hopefully there will be a new game to explain that shit.

You have to show, not tell. That's the main problem with Blazblue's story, they spend so much time telling us shit that they forget to show it as well.

Quote :
-Speaking of Overture, just the fact that they bring up about a million things that were never brought up before in the series, like the Backyard and the Cube, oh, and the simple fact that they never bother to explain where the fuck most of the other characters have gone off too, even though there is reason enough for a few of them to get involved in the events of the game.

To be fair, Overture is where GG's story takes a giant nosedive. Most of the characters are gone, tons of shit is brought out of nowhere, nothing really makes sense and so on and since it was only made to be one game, they should've bothered showing more of what people needed to know to understand things. AC+ is doing a decent job of making up for Overture's crappy story in that it is explaining stuff that Overture should've done itself and building up of what's to come.

Now hopefully that doesn't go anywhere too stupid.

Quote :
-And speaking of Overture AGAIN. That Man. Just everything about him reeks of a horribly written villain. No more needs to be said about him.

I agree. Like you said with Raven, nothing about him is really known but unlike Raven he's been around since the first XX and the only things we know about him so far are that he's involved with Sol and Justice, THAT'S IT. It's also the problem with Terumi in that Terumi has been in two games now and the most we know about him is that he is a complete asshole.

Yes, there are problems with GGs but nothing that makes it terrible or can't be saved with the AC games or any future games. Overture wasn't great but that was mainly due to not knowing anything about what happened in that time comparing to what happened with the main story.
Back to top Go down
Mewmaster
You're lying Dammit!
Mewmaster

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded   Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:06 pm

Well, I suppose you do bring up some good points.
I guess I was just rather pissed off by you saying that BlazBlue's story is worse than GG's that I just dove right into an argument without really giving it much thought.
Really, you got your opinion on BlazBlue, which is that you dislike it, and I have my opinion, which is that I like it.

But yeah, I guess they really just need to release another Guilty Gear already to develop on some of the plot points that need developing.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded   Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:07 pm

Blazblue has the shittest story of any game i've ever played.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded   Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Fighting Game Thread General Hyper Turbo II Reloaded
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2