Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition

Go down 
+4
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
Ace
Baal
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Empty
PostSubject: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition   Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 6:16 pm

Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition EXgzcl

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future: Online Edition is a 2011 rerelease of a classic 1999 fighting game.

Released in February 1997, the original Street Fighter III featured ten unique selectable characters (not counting Yun and Yang separately) and a non-selectable computer-controlled character as the game's final opponent.

The gameplay of the original Street Fighter III introduced several new abilities and features. Players could now dash or retreat like in the Darkstalkers series, as well as perform high jumps and do a quick standing after falling from an attack. The game also introduced "leap attacks", which are small jumping attacks used against crouching opponents. Also, the player cannot block in the air like in the Street Fighter Alpha series.

The main new feature is the ability to "parry" an opponent's attack. Parrying (blocking in the Japanese version) is the ability to deflect an incoming attack without receiving damage. At the exact moment an opponent's attack is about to hit his or her character, the player can move the controller toward or down to Parry the attack without receiving damage, leaving the opponent vulnerable for a counterattack. Additionally, this also allows the player to defend against Special Moves and even Super Arts without sustaining the normal minor damage that blocking normally would incur. However, parrying requires precise timing.

The other new feature introduced in Street Fighter III is the Super Art. A Super Art in Street Fighter III is a powerful special move similar to a Super Combo in Super Turbo and the Alpha games. After selecting a character, the player will be prompted to select from one of three character-specific Super Arts to use in battle. Like the Super Combo gauge in previous games, the player has a Super Art gauge which will fill up as the player performs regular and special moves against an opponent. The player can only perform a Super Art once the gauge is filled. Depending on the Super Art chosen by the player, the length of the Super Art gauge will vary, as well as the amount of filled Super Art gauges the player can stock up.

As 3rd Strike runs on the CPS III engine, the game features detailed and beautiful 2D sprites. Among the elaborated sprites include multiple hit stun sprites, including a new "turned-around state," in which a character is turned around (his or her back faces the opponent) after being hit. Only certain attacks can put characters in a turned-around state, and grabs and throws can now be comboed, as it typically takes longer for an attacked character to recover from this new type of hit stun.

Release dates
PS3: 23rd August 2011
360: 24th August 2011

Price
PS3: $15
360: 1200MSP

What's new in Online Edition?
  • As the name implies - it's online! Capcom finally bit the bullet and released a fighting game with GGPO netcode! Play ranked matches, chill in 8-man lobbies with friends and compete in online tournaments!
  • Matches are automatically recorded - your latest 100 matches are logged and you can even upload them to YouTube or share with friends in-game!
  • Remixed music, including a brand new theme tune.
  • Trials mode from SF4 returns - learn practical BnB combos and challenge your execution. You can even try and recreate the infamous EVO Moment #37!
  • 4 graphical filters to enhance the game's look on high-definition displays - you can even make the game look like a classic rear-projected arcade display!
  • Heaps of unlockable artwork and sound.

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Learning Resources:

rare footage of daigoslakdmmjsnhubsrbjmxk,l;'

Oh and if you guys want me to I can go ahead and make a complete SFIV thread for those who want to learn the game better.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition   Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 7:27 pm

I'm getting this. I'll play it all month long.
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition   Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 7:46 pm

Is this newer or older then MvC2 and will it look as awful as that game?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition   Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:36 pm

About the same age and it looks so much better than MvC2, that you will not believe it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition   Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:41 pm

I'm glad to hear that as MvC2 is possibly theugliest and worst game i can think of.

I'm honestly suprised it was popular outside of novelty.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition   Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:42 pm

It's been popular for a long while due to it having been the latest SF game until IV came out so it gained quite a following. The fighting game crash really helped build a decade of hype for SF3 and MvC2.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition   Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:48 pm

I just hope SF3 plays as good as it looks.

The parry system best not be hard either.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition   Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:01 pm

I think every game should have a parry system like 3S and CvSNK2. I feel like it's Royal gaurd in a fighting game.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition   Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:03 pm

No, that would be dumb.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition   Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:06 pm

Ace wrote:
I think every game should have a parry system like 3S and CvSNK2. I feel like it's Royal gaurd in a fighting game.
As much as i agree with you on most things you say. You say some terrible things about fighting games.

Parry systems are also fucked up on online fighters to due to lag.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition   Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:09 pm

Especially since it's a mechanic specific to SF3 and it should stay that way. Just like SF4 should be the only SF game to have focus attacks.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition   Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:11 pm

Baal wrote:
Especially since it's a mechanic specific to SF3 and it should stay that way. Just like SF4 should be the only SF game to have focus attacks.
I'm tempted to say the same for ultras, i'm not sure if i'm keen on losing a fight because of an ultra level 2 can take off half an energy bar when one of my moves whiffs.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition   Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:16 pm

Ultra's are something too but if I feel like every SF game should contribute to any future games too and Ultra's could be something like that. They'd probably have to fix them a bit though for future games so they're not as dumb.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition   Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:18 pm

I just found parrying one of the reasons why those two games were the most fun. You feel this great sense of satisfaction when you parry a persons attack.

Punch then I parry, hahaha bitch. Punch -> Parry haha can't hit me... bitch.

Advancing gaurd also makes me feel awesome.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition   Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:22 pm

Fair warning, Sean is absolutely terrible in Third Strike, he was great in Second Impact but he was too good and fans were calling for his head so he was nerfed to all hell and even has attacks that are punishable ON HIT.

Here's an infamous 2I match.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition   Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:28 pm

Seans my favorite character in SF3. Like the character himself, his voice and somewhat differance as a shoto.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition   Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:28 pm

Ace wrote:
I just found parrying one of the reasons why those two games were the most fun. You feel this great sense of satisfaction when you parry a persons attack.

Punch then I parry, hahaha bitch. Punch -> Parry haha can't hit me... bitch.

Advancing gaurd also makes me feel awesome.
Parrying is cool, but if it was in every game it would become dull and boring.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition   Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:30 pm

Ace wrote:
Seans my favorite character in SF3. Like the character himself, his voice and somewhat differance as a shoto.

He's entirely different from a shoto, he's like Gouken, Sakura and Dan in terms of how unlike shotos they are. They are only labelled as such because of the moves.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition   Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:35 pm

Thats what I meant. He's more unlike a shoto than Dan and Sakura though. And Gouken would be the furthest one.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition   Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:37 pm

This is out on the US PSN RIGHT NOW.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition   Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:57 pm

The main menu theme is pretty dope.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition   Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 9:10 pm

Baal wrote:
You want me to join you? I won't have a clue what i'm doing though.

Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition   Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 9:14 pm

No, let me get used to it before I do stuff like going online.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition   Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:37 pm

I'll try this out as soon as I can.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition   Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:40 am

Baal wrote:
Is that IFC Yipes singing?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition   Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next