Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who

Go down 
+5
Kaio
Skip
Ellis
Neo
Maskull
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who   So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 6:29 pm

I never said they were exactly the same though, I just said that one was inspired by the other.

They look similar, the concept that makes them 'scary' as a hostile character, arguably one of the most important things that makes up an evil character in both Dr. Who and Buffy, is the same and if you want me to pull things out of my ass the way they use body language to convey their, for lack of a better term, feelings is similar.

Considering how immensely popular Buffy was, and still is, it's not hard to believe that the writers drew inspiration from Hush when designing the Silence.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who   So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 6:36 pm

Bag of Oranges wrote:
I refuse to believe that the Silence weren't directly inspired (ripped off of) by the Gentlemen in Buffy's Hush.

Tall lanky things in suits with weird faces whose victims can't let anyone know about them?

Quote :
Also the part where nobody can tell anyone else about them, though the suits alone would be mere coincidence the two things together are a bit much.

Quote :
One application is more literal than the other, the concept is exactly the same.

Yes, I'm sure there was a bit of inspiration taken from Buffy, but really you're making them sound a lot more similar than they are. I'm just pointing that out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who   So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 10:00 pm

So did the Gentlemen from Buffy rip off the Men in Black from Men in Black?

I mean, they're both tall guys in suits who stop the people from talking about them.

So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Mib10
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who   So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 11:00 pm

Haha, good form Sarbud.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who   So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 1:21 am

Casa wrote:
So did the Gentlemen from Buffy rip off the Men in Black from Men in Black?

I mean, they're both tall guys in suits who stop the people from talking about them.

So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Mib10
No, the concept (monsters/aliens whose victims can't tell anyone about them) doesn't apply to the Men In Black.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who   So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 1:35 am

I'm sure it does to the other aliens.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who   So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 1:37 am

That's a good point, considering perspective the MiB could well be considered evil characters. In fact what is good/evil, really? Are any of us really alive in the first place? What is the meaning of life?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who   So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 2:32 am

humans are monsters
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who   So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 5:14 am

Okay, I watched episode one and this is what I gotta say...

There was just so much cheese and corn thrown at me after they leave Rose's apartment. Ugh, His whole cheesy speech about the Earth revolving and how he's the only one who can feel it, it was like blocks of cheese were flying outta his mouth and hitting Rose on the forehead. (Basically he was saying he needs a hug.) then they show Rose completely enthralled and googoo eyed by his three liner, it was like someone was bludgeoning me with canned corn. Am I watching fucking Twilight here or what?

And lets not even get started on how The Doctor completely cockblocked Mickey by telling his girlfriend about his amazing tales of time travel and shit. The poor guy is suppose to compete with some godly alien who can pretty much do whatever the fuck he wants? So far Mickey's only amazing feat was dancing for a piece of sandwich in the opening scene. If this one-sided love triangle is going to be a prominent thing in the series, I don't even want to watch.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who   So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 5:25 am

Once you get through Eccleston's run, the series improves heaps because David Tennant is the man, then once you pass that the writing improves heaps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who   So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 6:33 am

Eccleston is a good Doctor, but he's only around for one season and - although he has some really good episodes - most are kinda meh. You need to take the bad with the good.

Tennant's episodes aren't that much better really, but he's a lot more likable and his highs are higher than Eccleston's. (His lows are much. much lower though.)

Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who   So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 6:44 am

Don't get me wrong, I like Eccleston, I just feel Tennant is a lot more charismatic and brought the series to life in a way Eccleston didn't manage. He might have if he had longer than a season, who knows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who   So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 7:35 pm

That's a shame Eccleston stay is so short. 13 Episodes is really not enough for his character to settle in, y'know what I mean. He's pretty cool its not his fault the script get kinda shitty at times. I was expecting at least two seasons before they recast. So this is going to be constant thing every season then, changing the Doctor?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who   So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 8:02 pm

i don't think so david tennant was the doctor for a while, and a british season can typically be 6 episodes so really ecclestone was there a helluva long time for british standards.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who   So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 8:21 pm

Ah, cool. Because I dunno how I'd feel about a character who constantly dies and gets recasted every other episode. Anyway, I'll just marathon the first season today or tomorrow. I want to see how this regeneration stuff works.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who   So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 8:36 pm

Tennant had 3.5 seasons and so far Matt Smith has 2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who   So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 8:53 pm

Ah, my motherfucking heartstrings. This whole episode is canned cheddar corn, but it gets ya.
Spoiler:
This episode was okay, I liked it. I mean yeah, the special effects and the writing can get pretty shit at times but they make up for that with the characters. Even though they have those problems they still manage to draw you in and that's how I know its good. Up to this point I've liked every episode besides one.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who   So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 8:58 pm

Do you also think Dalek is the show's best character?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who   So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:00 pm

When I saw that that was the Doctor's ultimate enemy, I laughed. The Doctor flipping his lid at it made even more funny.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who   So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:19 pm

I KNOW RIGHT?

Though in the Doctor's defense, he was elevating.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who   So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:57 pm

Well, it made the Doctor look stupid. He was spitting everywhere, that whole scene was just fucking ridiculous. I would have preferred he stayed calm and threw some witty remarks around. It's a talking trash can with a laser beam. I know this thing destroyed his whole planet but damn, you can't have a serious scene with this thing.

Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who   So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 10:07 pm

I can't wait for the next Dalek episode and Doc foamin' over it again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who   So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 10:48 pm

So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Vlcsnap2011122014h45m10
Aw, shit not again. This time the guy didn't even have to say anything.

So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Vlcsnap2011122014h57m10
This is what happens when he actually talks. It wasn't even some corny speech or anything, he's just trying to sell her shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who   So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:31 pm

Jack is the best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who   So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 1:25 am

The Doctor Dances - Jack fucks up then mans up. Everyone lives and there's a banana in The Doctor's pocket. Not much to say, there was the Doctor acting like a total nut towards the end because of the outcome. He's the master of rambling loudly.

So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Vlcsnap2011122017h20m14So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Vlcsnap2011122017h23m16
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who   So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So i'm thinking of watching Dr. Who
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next