Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)

Go down 
+7
Baal
Ellis
SimianWonder
Neo
Skip
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)   RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 4:44 am

Moose have you beaten 2017 on hard? I'm going through hard right now with the pale wing.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)   RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 5:11 pm

tried fencer, does he ever get faster than he starts off as? he could be great with a bit more speed
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)   RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 5:50 pm

He doesn't, but you can use dash-cancelling to make him momentarily quicker than both Ranger and Air Raider. Basically, equip a weapon with the dash ability (typically a shield or melee weapon), dash then hit your attack button. Before the animation completes, if you hit dash again the attack animation will stop and the dash will come out. The timing varies per weapon, and you can only do it for so long because you'll need to reload the weapon after a few goes. Still, it does move him bloody quickly and is useful for covering open areas quickly, reviving teammates etc.

I also tried Air Raider last night, and in single player he's soooo boring. I know he's a support class but literally half of his weapons exist solely to empower the other classes and outside of multiplayer they're literally useless.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)   RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 8:41 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
He doesn't, but you can use dash-cancelling to make him momentarily quicker than both Ranger and Air Raider.  Basically, equip a weapon with the dash ability (typically a shield or melee weapon), dash then hit your attack button.  Before the animation completes, if you hit dash again the attack animation will stop and the dash will come out.  The timing varies per weapon, and you can only do it for so long because you'll need to reload the weapon after a few goes.  Still, it does move him bloody quickly and is useful for covering open areas quickly, reviving teammates etc.

cheers for the tip, i couldnt even do the first level on normal with his speed and using the gattling gun with the delay from trigger press to fire

SimianWonder wrote:
I also tried Air Raider last night, and in single player he's soooo boring.  I know he's a support class but literally half of his weapons exist solely to empower the other classes and outside of multiplayer they're literally useless.

moose is playing air raider with me and im sure he said the same thing although he has turrets at some point but they are stuck on the floor so only seem advisable on ambush levels

Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)   RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 9:32 pm

I've split my time between Fencer and Wing Diver. Sometimes you really benefit from the Wing Diver's speed and agility, then I'll struggle like hell with a level, switch to Fencer and steamroll it easily.

I bought the Season Pass today, and have done a couple of DLC missions, but I'm clearly out of my depth - some enemy types are clearly late-game, and I simply don't have the firepower to hurt them nor the armour to withstand them. So yeah, Buu had the right idea there - wait until you've cleared the game.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)   RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 pm

Air Raider solo would probably be worse than Fencer solo until you get some really high level weapons. In a group of 3 though he can be fun, but it seems like the increased health the enemies have because of the extra player outweighs of having the Air Raider. At least so far. Basically you just end up with 2 players fighting enemies that have health balanced for 3 players, because the Air Raider isn't very strong offensively. The ambulance is a cool vehicle though, and the turrets are a welcome addition.

Major downside to the Air Raider is you don't really have any weapons that can help get you out of being bitten. If an ant grabs I have to rely on Buu or TTB to save me, because any weapon I have will almost certainly hurt me more than the ant will.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)   RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 1:46 am

SimianWonder wrote:
I've split my time between Fencer and Wing Diver.  Sometimes you really benefit from the Wing Diver's speed and agility, then I'll struggle like hell with a level, switch to Fencer and steamroll it easily.

I bought the Season Pass today, and have done a couple of DLC missions, but I'm clearly out of my depth - some enemy types are clearly late-game, and I simply don't have the firepower to hurt them nor the armour to withstand them.  So yeah, Buu had the right idea there - wait until you've cleared the game.

From what I heard DLC pack 1 should be easy 2 should be manageable and 3 is meant to be insanely hard.  Thats all assuming you beat the game

The elite aka gold and silver enemies I can imagine being a bitch.  That said 2017 had enemy varieties not in this game, I can't recall if they were tough though.

In terms of dash cancellling the harder the missions and the enemies the less use even that is.  As his turning speed is probably his biggest problem. I'm hoping he gets a weapon as awesome as the one i mention below.

Laser Chainsaw in 2017 is literally the most powerful weapon i've seen in the series.  A level 25 weapon that can kill a queen ant on hard in about 2-3 seconds, I don't feel limited by its short range either it uses so little energy and has so much ammo i've flown right up to carriers when my energy has just run out and still been in range long enough while i'm falling to kill them.

In short i'm having loads of fun on 2017 so i'll be even more awesome to piss off moose, because of my superior aerial combat abilities.

EDIT: Sim what class you playing online? If you end up reaally liking a class and we've beaten normal by the time you play with us and you've beaten normal offline feel free to jump in on hard otherwise we'll all just do other classes on normal, I wouldn't mind trying out the ranger or air raider.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)   RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 9:37 am

ive been playing wing diver aswell just to try her out, took a while to balance out shooting & flying but once i realised i needed to land on roof tops to recharge and shoot from up there she becomes a great character to play with
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)   RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 12:59 pm

After another online mauling with Fencer, I've decided to drop him for good. Yes, he's fun single-player on easier difficulties but I'm simply not good enough to get the most out of him at higher levels. Wing Diver is now my preferred option, and I've spent a few hours online getting her meagre armour levels raised a little, up from 450-odd to nearer 800. Still not enough for Inferno but enough to start tackling Hard/Hardest with a realistic chance of survival, though I've still got a around twenty levels of normal difficulty offline to beat first.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)   RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 1:43 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
After another online mauling with Fencer, I've decided to drop him for good.  Yes, he's fun single-player on easier difficulties but I'm simply not good enough to get the most out of him at higher levels.  Wing Diver is now my preferred option, and I've spent a few hours online getting her meagre armour levels raised a little, up from 450-odd to nearer 800.  Still not enough for Inferno but enough to start tackling Hard/Hardest with a realistic chance of survival, though I've still got a around twenty levels of normal difficulty offline to beat first.

Hahahaha, after you logged off I told Moose he was mean for whacking the game on hard. That was pretty much my point about the whole the more important thing being not to get hit at all which the fencer struggles to do.

I wouldn't be put off that easily though. If you've been playing easy offline, hard with 3 players online is likely comparable to hardest offline. Moose has obscenely high health with his ranger, so if you're dying with your fencer a lot compared to him I wouldn't be suprised given how high his health was for that class.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)   RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 4:22 pm

Thing is, I've tried and successfully completed several levels on hard difficulty with Wing Diver, I just haven't yet tried it with Fencer. Hence being overwhelmed so easily, I was applying my same playstyle from Normal Difficulty to one where enemies have substantially more health.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)   RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 4:33 pm

Adding an extra player also makes a big difference to how much health the enemies have.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)   RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 5:41 pm

Yeah, the multipliers are quite large.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)   RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 11:04 pm

The next mech the Air Raider gets is a lot better. Hopefully his arsenal will just get bigger and weirder as it goes. Still probably wouldn't be that useful online though because of the higher enemy health and weapon lock. It's weird that as a support character he's more fun solo than as part of a team.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)   RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 11:18 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
The next mech the Air Raider gets is a lot better. Hopefully his arsenal will just get bigger and weirder as it goes. Still probably wouldn't be that useful online though because of the higher enemy health and weapon lock. It's weird that as a support character he's more fun solo than as part of a team.

Maybe if you were more of a bro. Also there's no reason to not play the same as you do online and offline. We should just get you mechs sooner. I'm not really fussed about buffs etc.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)   RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 11:23 pm

Something weird just happened. Beneficial, but weird.

I was in an online game doing a normal difficulty late-game mission, and on the weapon / armour collection screen, one of the other guys on the team mentioned that his trophy for fifty percent completion of weaponry had just popped. Not bad huh? Thing is, this was followed immediately by the trophy for one hundred percent completion.

Thinking it a bug, we carried on. Upon reaching the menu, he confirmed that he did in fact now have all the weapons (even though he couldn't use them, online lock out and all). What was stranger, was that one of the other guys piped up that the exact same thing had just happened to him; after the level, the trophies had popped in succession, and he now had all the weapons.

We started the next game, and all seemed well until we finished the mission, when the exact same thing happened to me, despite only having picked up half a dozen weapons (all of which I already had). I checked my equips, and sure enough, I have all the weapons, even for Ranger (a class I've literally played as once).

I know the game is buggy as hell (pun not intended) but you guys have played this game a lot more than I have - have you seen or heard of anything similar? I don't want to go online if I'm in danger of this bug affecting other people's game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)   RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 12:03 am

I hope it doesn't corrupt your data.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)   RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 11:58 am

Global Defense Force is being ported to the Vita, with the Air Raider class added. Japan gets it this November. I hope it gets localised.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)   RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 3:59 pm

If it don't we should probably import it (my mate lives in japan so i could see if he could bring me the double pack when next he visits, although i want yakuza 5). Hands down its better then 2017, not really sure how to compare it to 2025, they're probably about the same.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)   RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 10:41 pm

As far as I can tell TTB plays this all day every day.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)   RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:25 pm

i have been playing a lot recently, ill calm it down if the plus games are any good this month.

i was playing with a guy who got the plat on it aswell, he was telling me about a few things and showing me levels that you can farm for weapons/armor if you are struggling later on with infernal.

also its of wide opinion that the DLC is awful, from what people are saying there is 1 level on pack 2 that you can farm weapons from & 1 level on pack 3 that you can farm armor from, other than that its a complete waste of money.

Last edited by testtubebaby on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)   RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 1:40 pm

The individual DLC packs are on sale now, although the season pass is still cheaper in total. If there was new enemies (besides recoloured versions) or weapons, or even just some new locations, I'd be up for getting them. But this game has more than enough content as it is.

Which is kind of conflicting because I'd like to support them for not selling out. If the main game had less content and the DLC had some really cool new stuff I'd be bitching and not wanting to buy the DLC for that reason too.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)   RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 5:55 pm

looks like another month of this for me then Sad
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)   RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 6:42 pm

The DLC is geared towards end-game play, all the missions are pretty tough. I'd likely have played more of them if I hadn't glitched out and somehow gotten all the weapons unlocked for me.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)   RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 1:13 pm

testtubebaby wrote:
looks like another month of this for me then Sad

Velocity 2x is crossbuy, although you should play the first one first. Considering 2x was probablly the only vita game I was buying day one i'd say that make s pretty great month. PS all stars is cross buy and two plats, which are unbeliavably easy to get. So i'm sure you'll have other stuff to play. This plus update is a lot better then the last two months, i'm actually going to play at least 4 of these games (not PSABR because i've played that already).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)   RD united:  EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon)  (2017) (2025) - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RD united: EDF is now recruiting "Whats wrong troops you want to live forever?" (insect armageddon) (2017) (2025)
Page 18 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next