Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Vegas: War... war never changes.

Go down 
+5
Superbuu3
brandon
Savage
Ellis
Baal
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 2:19 am

Because having a godmode companion ruins the point of this entire playthrough.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 2:22 am

...fine. I already planned on just getting ED-E and Lily anyway, mainly so I could put shit in them. Gonna have to be really careful not to let them get killed though.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 6:40 am

charisma makes allies stronger?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 6:41 am

Yeah, it's a little bit less useless in New Vegas than it was in 3.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 6:43 am

is it a large difference? i always had 1-3 charisma in all my play throughs
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 7:00 am

Each point in Charisma gives your companions +5% damage and armor, with Boone 50% extra damage is nothing to scoff at.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 11:00 am

maybe that's why my allies get murdered
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 11:03 am

No, Boone is effectively invincible with 1 CHA, I don't know what sort of voodoo you pulled to get him killed but I don't like it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:33 pm

Ellis wrote:
...fine. I already planned on just getting ED-E and Lily anyway, mainly so I could put shit in them. Gonna have to be really careful not to let them get killed though.
Dont carry non essential ammo, its really not very hard, I only ever carried one gun and a gun capable of firing magnum rounds, for emergencies.

This also means you can't loot everything from a scene just what you need. It honestly barely makes a difference as the heavy weapons you'd carry if you had high stength make you lose that extra space really easily. You also don't need to carry more then one or two bits of water or food, as food is everywhere inthe game, hell eat plants and look for things with a decen ratio, you don't need to worrk about stats like losing strength for dehydration or starvation as your strength is already one.

Aside from combat being risky with limb crippling it isn't actually that hard the games just way too easy. Both my runs i used the brotherhood woman and ede I thought they were by far the best.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 2:48 pm

Plants give almost no food, and if you eat straight plants it actually will dehydrate you.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 2:57 pm

Ellis wrote:
Plants give almost no food, and if you eat straight plants it actually will dehydrate you.
Then drink radioactive water and carry a snickers bar like a real man.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 2:59 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Ellis wrote:
Then drink radioactive water and carry a snickers bar like a real man.
Because you're not yourself when you're hungry.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 3:02 pm

Don't cacti give you water?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 3:04 pm

I'm pretty sure plants can cover loads of your needs, especially if you pick up a couple of survival manuals.

Oh yeah and get steaks that boost your strnegth i would eat one of them then pick up more.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 5:57 pm

I got ED-E. Gonna have to let him go I think. He is a fucking monster. It must be the 10 charisma because he literally took down a small army of radscorpions by himself ( a few giants included) in no time at all.

I'm right past Nipton now. I killed all of Caeser's Legion in the most badass way. I threw mines and pwder charges in front of all of them and then after I told Vulpes that I liked the way he did business, then shot him in the face and then when his legions became hostile they blew up....and the few stragglers were easily disposed of by ED-E.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 pm

Neo wrote:
No, Boone is effectively invincible with 1 CHA, I don't know what sort of voodoo you pulled to get him killed but I don't like it.
ok
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 4:04 pm

Up to Novac now. I had No-Bark killed by Boone in that quest. Crazy bastard. Then for fun I went and did the Ghoul quest at REPCONN and was able to pass an intellegence check at the end (4) to randomly hit buttons and the rockets crashed into each other on launch. It was funny.

Also the latest patched made the level cap 50 for EVERYBODY. No need to get the DLC for it. Thought I'd pass that along to you guys.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 6:29 pm

Boone is great, treasure him.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 9:30 pm

Ellis wrote:
Up to Novac now. I had No-Bark killed by Boone in that quest. Crazy bastard. Then for fun I went and did the Ghoul quest at REPCONN and was able to pass an intellegence check at the end (4) to randomly hit buttons and the rockets crashed into each other on launch. It was funny.

Also the latest patched made the level cap 50 for EVERYBODY. No need to get the DLC for it. Thought I'd pass that along to you guys.
thats kinda lame. oh well, dead money was really fun. you get the bonus perks too?
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 10:28 pm

No the perks and new survival/reload/work bench recipies still require the DLC. I remembered how much I love this game playing it again and bought the DLC anyway.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 1:41 pm

is old world blues good? i liked dead money a lot and the second one was ok
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 5:54 pm

Haven't played it yet. Once I finish my hardcore run I'm going to do it on my first file.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: War... war never changes.   New Vegas: War... war never changes. - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Vegas: War... war never changes.
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4