Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baaru catches up to One Piece

Go down 
+3
SimianWonder
Kaio
Baal
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Baaru catches up to One Piece - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baaru catches up to One Piece   Baaru catches up to One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 4:46 pm

Daddy the Father was an amazing character with a great name.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Baaru catches up to One Piece   Baaru catches up to One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 4:52 pm

Daddy the Father and Usopp getting his goggles were originally planned as a manga story, but Oda's editor wanted something special for chapter 100, so Loguetown needed to be shortened.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru catches up to One Piece   Baaru catches up to One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 5:04 pm

Oh... and whoops, I posted in the wrong thread.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Baaru catches up to One Piece   Baaru catches up to One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 8:28 pm

Zerou will now catch up to One Piece as well. As much as I'm gonna hate it at first, I'm gonna switch from the dub to the sub and catch up in both anime and manga. Now that I'm caught up with Naruto and Bleach, I can watch the last of current big 3 and the best of it at that.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Baaru catches up to One Piece   Baaru catches up to One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:57 am

The Kaizoku Fansubs are OK. Some words they don't even bother translating like Nakama (Understandable), Ossan (knew the meaning from Bleach so not a big deal) and Yosh/Yosha (I'm not sure of a definitive meaning here, but I get the gist that it's something like yay or good).

Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru catches up to One Piece   Baaru catches up to One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 9:08 am

Quote :
Nakama (Understandable)

No, it's not. When you're translating stuff you should be translating it, not leaving words untranslated because you're too lazy to do it.

Quote :
Ossan (knew the meaning from Bleach so not a big deal)

Read the above.

Quote :
Yosh/Yosha (I'm not sure of a definitive meaning here, but I get the gist that it's something like yay or good).

The meaning of that is basically the Japanese equivalent of "Let's go!", which you would know if they bothered to translate it.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Baaru catches up to One Piece   Baaru catches up to One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 9:38 am

Baal wrote:
Quote :
Nakama (Understandable)

No, it's not. When you're translating stuff you should be translating it, not leaving words untranslated because you're too lazy to do it.

Quote :
Ossan (knew the meaning from Bleach so not a big deal)

Read the above.

Quote :
Yosh/Yosha (I'm not sure of a definitive meaning here, but I get the gist that it's something like yay or good).

The meaning of that is basically the Japanese equivalent of "Let's go!", which you would know if they bothered to translate it.

I think the reason they didn't translate Nakama is because of all the bitching weeaboos. But yeah, they should have translated them all. I don't know why they didn't translate the other two.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Baaru catches up to One Piece   Baaru catches up to One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 1:49 pm

Zero wrote:
The Kaizoku Fansubs are OK. Some words they don't even bother translating like Nakama (Understandable), Ossan (knew the meaning from Bleach so not a big deal) and Yosh/Yosha (I'm not sure of a definitive meaning here, but I get the gist that it's something like yay or good).

Nope. The rules are as following:
- Get good flow
- Honorifics go out, nicknames are OK
- All words are to be translated
- As few TL notes as possible, no one cares
Back to top Go down
milkom_666
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Baaru catches up to One Piece   Baaru catches up to One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 10:20 am

Kaede wrote:
Zero wrote:

Nope. The rules are as following:
- Get good flow
- Honorifics go out, nicknames are OK
- All words are to be translated
- As few TL notes as possible, no one cares

Hi all
I saw this on One Piece EP 38 [Kaizoku Fansubs ], so I'll post it here. hope it help u to find your preferred sub style

Kaizoku-Fansubs important announcement .
Kaizoku-Fansubs has decided to make somechanges to our translation and portrayal of the series...
The story of One Piece is set in a world completely diffrent from our own, auniqe world containing its own oddities,special words and characterizations.
We feel that certain key words or terms lose their meaning once they are translated, and by leaving them in Japanese rather than English it helps the viewer to become more involved in the world and ,in a sense, in One Piece's own personal and special language.
Therefore, in the future, we will leave the following things in Japanese and add a translation note during their first appearances.
- All Special moves and attacks
- Certain terms, phrases and nicknames that are difficult to translate, or that have a special or sentimental meaning to either the series itself or its hardcore fans.
- Honorifics.
MIKAN
From the beginning we have translated Nami's mikan as "orange." However,it would be more correct to translate it as "tangerine."
In Japan, tangerines are symbols of prosperity, wealt, and happiness, along with being associated with cats.
A tangerine is a perfect symbol for Nami because of her love of wealt. By her saying "I love money and tangerines!" she is, to an extent, saying, "I love money and more money."
The fruit also representes her happiness; the time she spent with Bellemere, and her hopes for the future.
NAKAMA
Nakama is a very important word in the world of One Piece. A dictionary would translate it as " a company, set, group, party, circle, gang, companion, fellow, mate, colleague, associate,etc."
To say, "the tiger belongs to the cat family," you can use nakama in Japanese.
In One Piece, the meaning is not strict to any of the proper definitions. It is more general, and it changes in emphasis according to the situation. One Piece's nakama can either mean "comrade/ ally/ crewmember" or "friend/ mate/ partner."
For this arc, and generally for Luffy's usage of the word throughout the entire series, to talk about a nakama is to talk about someone who is both cared deeply for and who shares the same road in life. It has a double meaning of "best frien" and "partnership", and is, therefore, difficult to translate.
Understanding this deeper meaning of attachment, it is easy to see why the the characters react the way they do when the term is used in this manner. They are not simply crewmates or companions, nor are they just good friends. They are much more than this, and yet not in a romantic manner. This is nakama.
We have chosen to not translate nakama in the future, and we hope that you take note of its significance to the story.
Enjoy the episode!
- Kaizoku-Fansubs
P.S: it is too long, sorry.hope it help. Kaizoku is good .but a little slow in releases after movies. On the other hand i saw other groups released subs that they translated even honorifics.(can't remeber witch site)

Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baaru catches up to One Piece   Baaru catches up to One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 10:31 am

Oh good lord.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Baaru catches up to One Piece   Baaru catches up to One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 6:04 pm

Kaizoku subs are great if you're looking to get confused as shit switching from dub to sub. Because they wouldn't translate "oyabin" in the Davy Back arc, I seriously thought that was Foxy's first name.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Baaru catches up to One Piece   Baaru catches up to One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 9:35 pm

I only read "This is nakama."
I think that's sufficient.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baaru catches up to One Piece   Baaru catches up to One Piece - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baaru catches up to One Piece
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2