Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moose plays Infamous 2

Go down 
+3
Ellis
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 6:27 pm

Yeah. You get a little vertical boost, and you glide further and faster. The improved thrusters were in the demo.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 6:28 pm

Also, Nix (the black chick) was pissed off that I chose ice over fire and she stormed off. Hopefully I won't see her again, her attitude and accent really annoy me. It's going to be a pain working with her on an evil playthrough.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 6:52 pm

Man, the ice jump is lovely. I can launch onto tram lines with a single jump. Makes getting around a lot easier. It does use up half a blast stock though.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:25 pm

The ice powers were all useful in my opinion. Didn't play evil yet and probably wont for a while. I beat the game on hard but I guess I waited too long to switch the difficulty and didn't get the troph Sad.

The ice shield was awesome though. I liked running in guns blazin and that kept you alive well. Plus the ice rockets were a 1 hit KO on any enemy without a life bar so you could really fuck shit up with it.

and you don't like Cajun accents Moose? I find it the most comical dialect in the US.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 11:26 pm

The Behemoth battle was cool but very easy.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 1:00 am

Been in and out of Flood Town. Needless to say a flooded area isn't the best place for an electric man to be. Plus there's ice goons everywhere. Although it's very easy to get enviro-kills when half the enemies are standing in water.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 1:30 am

At first I wanded nothing to do with that place but I loved it eventually. Great change of pace and it was awesome going through that place wicked fast once you got some of it memorized.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:06 am

The second Behemoth fight was again cool but easy. Bertrand's motivations for everything were incredibly muddled and confusing. Think I'm near the end now. It's shorter than the first game.

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 1:25 am

Wow, they took the good ending in quite an unexpected direction. And they actually bothered to put some care into the credits as well.

The story in general isn't quite as strong as it was the in the first game, but whereas the ending of the first game really pissed me off and muddied the rest of the game with it's bad taste, this ending actually made the poorer story more worthwhile in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 1:47 am

So would you say on the whole it's better or worse than 1?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 2:03 am

It's better.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 2:19 am

Yea the whole decision and everything about the ending was a suprising turn. I loved it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:00 am

Started my evil play. The bolt chain is too damn useful to be a karmic ability. It's going to make things a lot easier, which is nice since I just want to rush through this so I can get all the powers.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 1:09 am

Doing the evil play through now and there's only been one different cutscene so far, which was one of the very first ones.

Plus Cole now has a gaay evil pose instead of a gay heroic one. I do like the evil look more than I did in the first game though. There's a bit of colour and the new orange lightning looks a lot better than the red/white lightning from the first game.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 5:33 am

The evil ending is just as good. It's a shame that virtually none of the cutscenes were different in the main story. Other than the few times you choose to work with one character over another the scenes were the same, which was weird because evil Cole is acting all good in the unchanged scenes but evil in the new ones.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 5:39 am

I guess Hero Cole is canon then.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 5:48 am

You'd think. It's genuinely up in the air. Both of Infamous 1's ending were pretty much the same, so you could continue from either of them with the same story and it would make sense, which is what they did with Infamous 2.

But Infamous 2's endings are vastly different. They'd have to pick one or the other to do a sequel, which would kind of ruin it. Unless they abandon Cole as the main character.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 6:00 am

Also, I sorely missed the Ice Launch in my evil run. It's opposing evil power is the fire bird strike, an utterly useless flying attack that ends in an incredibly weak explosion and costs 3 damn blast stocks.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 6:03 am

Infamous 2 picked up from the good ending of the first game if you ask me. I mean the way it all began makes it hard to believe that you were ruling the city with an iron fist like a king like the evil ending.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 6:19 am

The dead drop files that relate to what you did in Empire City change depending on what side you pick, saying you were either good or evil. The good story picks up from the good ending, the bad story picks up from the bad ending.

Infamous 3 would have to be 2 completely different games to do that.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 5:48 am

Dipped into the world of user generated content for the first time. Took me about 10 minutes to find a mission which had a description beyond "kill all the enemies".

It was called "Underestimating Mr Grayman". It started with Zeke telling me he tracked down the hideout of mad man Mr Grayman. It was a little shack guarded by 4 guys. "This seems slightly original" I think. Mr Grayman isn't in the shack, and I get a message from him. He's set up a number of bombs and I have to race against the clock to diffuse them. The timer was accurately judged for how much I had to do, which was nice. "Clearly some thought has gone into this" I think.

When I diffuse the final bomb, Mr Grayman calls me again to tell me there's one more bomb, and Zeke is trapped next to it. I get there before the timer runs out and diffuse the bomb but nothing happens. "That's odd" I think. Then dozens of militia show up. After I kill them all a bunch of ice soldiers show up. After I kill them some ravagers show up. "Fuck this" I think, and I quit, leaving a rating of 1 star.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:38 pm

Hijacking this thread. Alright, I'm starting on my good playthrough and I have to say, melee isso much better, my god.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:21 pm

I set the UGC preferences to only show race missions, since that's the category that sucks the least over all. Some ring races go round the whole damn city and have no checkpoints though, which is annoying as shit.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 1:35 am

Cole's tattoos are awful and so are any of his outfits that aren't in neutral. Anyways, Ionic Storm is a godsend for dealing with larger crowds, I love how there's extra additions to the specific powers and getting around the city is so easy and great.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 3:38 am

Ice powers are pretty badass, especially the Ionic Freeze. I like how this game actually gives you a shitload of powers for your karma choice unlike the last game where the most you get is one special power and that's it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moose plays Infamous 2   Moose plays Infamous 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moose plays Infamous 2
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next