Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AC: Revelations

Go down 
+5
Skip
Superbuu3
Ellis
A_Nonny_Moose
Neo
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

AC: Revelations - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC: Revelations   AC: Revelations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:28 pm

Richard Harrow wrote:
It's not possible to do it in a lot of games depending on where you pre-order. I'm not saying I like this, it's just that this is the way it is now. It'll be DLC soon enough. I'm actually starting to think that they should just raise the price of games and then give everyone the full game but I guess DLC makes too much money. I know I buy my share of it.
CoD and, as of now, Battlefield cost about $10 more than any other game already and they have a fair bit of, not to mention the most expensive, DLC as it is. Even though what you proposed would be perfectly logical most gamers, despite all their bitching, simply don't have the willpower to not buy games when something like this happens.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: AC: Revelations   AC: Revelations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:29 pm

Richard Harrow wrote:
It's not possible to do it in a lot of games depending on where you pre-order. I'm not saying I like this, it's just that this is the way it is now. It'll be DLC soon enough. I'm actually starting to think that they should just raise the price of games and then give everyone the full game but I guess DLC makes too much money. I know I buy my share of it.
Preorder bonuses are different, they eventually get released for everyone, its extremely rare for that not to be the case.

Only batman and this seem to have adopted a policy where there are several editions all excluding things the other versions don't have. This is a terrible move for gamers.

People bitch about online passes (something that doesn't effect me as i always buy new), but this kinda things means i might miss out on stuff which i find way more annoying.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: AC: Revelations   AC: Revelations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:32 pm

They will release the one map (that all editions but a couple have) and probably the skins later. The encyclopedia, art book and all that superfluous stuff wont get released but did you really want it anyway?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: AC: Revelations   AC: Revelations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:34 pm

Richard Harrow wrote:
They will release the one map (that all editions but a couple have) and probably the skins later. The encyclopedia, art book and all that superfluous stuff wont get released but did you really want it anyway?
I don't personally want that stuff but I think the people who do should be able to get it all without buying multiple copies of the game. I bet the special editions will be ridiculously expensive anyway so it just seems absurd.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: AC: Revelations   AC: Revelations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:38 pm

Preordering at Gamestop get you an upgrade to the signiture edition in the states so that's what I'm doing. I complain but I'm jsut another cog in the machine.

You are right, there should be a veersion with everything. There are fanboys out there that would spend 200 bucks even if the package wasn't worth the while just to have all the shit.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: AC: Revelations   AC: Revelations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:45 pm

http://ebgames.com.au/ps3-154227-Assassins-Creed-Revelations-Animus-Edition-PlayStation-3

Remember that the USD is pretty much 1:1 with the AUD right now, I shudder to think how much the one with statues and shit would cost here.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: AC: Revelations   AC: Revelations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:53 pm

Man why the fuck is that so expensive? It looked liek the average price for games was $100 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: AC: Revelations   AC: Revelations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 5:02 pm

Because retailers never bothered to drop their prices to reflect our currency not being as shit as it used to be. It's not just games either, when I was in LA I bought all the Song of Ice & Fire books for half as much as they'd have been over here. Doesn't really bother me anymore though I just import everything that's not clothes or food.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: AC: Revelations   AC: Revelations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 5:23 pm

Grrr, I looked up the Animus edition and it's already completely sold out here.

Guess I'll just have to make do with the collector's edition. I'll probably also get the Piggyback guide.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: AC: Revelations   AC: Revelations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 5:36 pm

Definitely waiting on this one.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: AC: Revelations   AC: Revelations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 5:11 am

Kaio wrote:
I'll probably also get the Piggyback guide.
Why? If you just wait a week after release all the information will be up on the internet for free.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: AC: Revelations   AC: Revelations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 2:25 am

The hook blade seems like a completely arbitrary addition.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: AC: Revelations   AC: Revelations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 7:38 am

YOU'RE ARBITRARY
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: AC: Revelations   AC: Revelations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 7:52 am

You'll fangasm over this but this is honestly a step backwards for the series.

The desmond sections are possibly the most offensive thing i've seen a series i rate highly pull. This really isn't worth full retail for the fact its considered to be 1/3 of the game.

On the positive side The city in this is way better then brotherhood. I also have found what few missions i've done way more entertaining then brotherhood. BTW which game were borgia towers introduced into the game.

The tower defence game seeming to be a pointless edition would definitely be something some people would enjoy.

I can't really comment on the plot but the desmond portion something i thought i'd be interested in is so badly presented. I'd rather not know i'll see if i bother to do those levels, hopefully someone can point out that there's someting amazing revealed near the end to spur me on.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: AC: Revelations   AC: Revelations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 7:57 am

I bought this game but haven'y played this yet. I'm still confident that it is GotY next to U3 regardless of what anyone says.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: AC: Revelations   AC: Revelations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 8:13 am

The Return of Stevie wrote:
I bought this game but haven'y played this yet. I'm still confident that it is GotY next to U3 regardless of what anyone says.
Going by the faults i've heard of in uncharted 3. The fact U3 has improved multiplayer, it beats this game.

This game is still most likely great, but the crapper multiplayer (not sure if its crapper or just not as fun as it doesn't seem fresh and is basically the same). The desmond section seriously will drag it down. I'm hoping for the best that Altair saves the game with his awesomeness. Like i said though the city is WAY better then brotherhoods. I dunno if there's more then one city in this one. I assume altair will have sections to. The bomb mechanic is fun to.

Feel free to expect the game is great, but be prepared for the horrible desmond sections. How anyone could find those sections fun is beyond me. It actually plays like those horrible wire frame games that used to make horrible 3d back in the 80s when 3d was first experimented with, obviously it has more polish, but i swear i played it before and it was bad.

Oh yeah and Ezio looks like himself in this game and has got glow in the dark eyes. So he's messed up looking. The opening cutscene for this game is possibly the greatest thing i've seen. And you'll be in for a visual feast.

I'll probably trade this in and grab U3, after i finished it.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: AC: Revelations   AC: Revelations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 1:00 pm

But the most important thing is that Ezio is crazy badass in this game and even you can't deny it anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC: Revelations   AC: Revelations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 4:14 pm

multiplayer was fun

the desmond sections were interesting

the hook blade is really awesome when you get used to it

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: AC: Revelations   AC: Revelations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:03 pm

Kaio wrote:
But the most important thing is that Ezio is crazy badass in this game and even you can't deny it anymore.

I personally thought Ezio was at his best in this game, i'm on sequence 8 at the moment. I'm annoyed that reviews and a lot of folks were saying this was a 3 way split. From what i seen its more like 70% ezio, 20% desmond (if you can even call it that), 10% altair.

Old man Altair is awesome.

Casa wrote:
multiplayer was fun

the desmond sections were interesting

the hook blade is really awesome when you get used to it

Multiplayer is fun, but i don't like deathmatch and i had the da vinchi DLC, so there's pretty much no difference between this and the brotherhood MP for me.

If you're talking about Desmond's backstory, sure i found that interesting. That horrible first person thing, was far from it, there wasn't really much to them and the stages were stupidly short, just when i thought they might require some thinking.

The hook blade is pretty cool i admit, mainly for the long jump and the hook and run. The ledge climbing and being able to jump a greater distance, just feels like compensation for EZio's age. I'm pretty certain he moved like that in two and brohter hood.

Now one thing that irritated the hell out of me about the hook blade was, in some of the hidden tombs some areas were inaccessible unless you had one. Which raises the question of how the fuck did the original assassin's navigate the tombs? The lighthouse water puzzle thing, given its dynamic nature couldn't have had much else there.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: AC: Revelations   AC: Revelations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 2:13 am

Anyone feel like summarising all the important plot points from this game?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: AC: Revelations   AC: Revelations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:22 am

No one else covered your request.

Do you still want one. Mine will be very cynical though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: AC: Revelations   AC: Revelations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:32 pm

MAJOR SPOILERS for DLC and brotherhood, probably other stuff.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC: Revelations   AC: Revelations - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC: Revelations
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3