Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's the best X-Men cartoon?

Go down 
+10
CeciliaAngel
Dr. Chocolate
Kaede
Skip
Talking Sock
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
Baal
Savage
Kaio
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 1:36 am

I'm almost done with Wolverine. Already hate that fact that it was cancelled. Such a great show.

I'll tackle SSM after this, but every torrent for it is pretty much dead, so downloading it will take a while.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 1:44 am

You could just watch it streaming. If you're into that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 1:49 am

Savage∞ wrote:
You could just watch it streaming. If you're into that sort of thing.
:O YOU sick sonofabitch
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 1:52 am

Just wanted to throw that out there. I personally refuse watch streaming TV because the quality is typically garbage and I don't have nearly as many options with size adjustment, taking screens, or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 1:56 am

Yeah, don't like streaming.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 10:29 am

It's a shame it was cancelled, Deadpool was scheduled to show up in the next season voiced by Nolan North.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 11:08 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
The fact that spidey comments on the fact that kingpin is just a saturday cartoon villain doesn't show that it was intentionally taking the piss out of itself?

The dialogue was always a bit odd, with things like that, it was intentionally cheesy.

Breaking(or in this case, would it be "semi-breaking"?) the fourth wall concerning a subject like that still hasn't got anything to do with its cheesiness. Such a line could said in any produced material, good or bad, and the line isn't even an odd one itself, unlike, say, every "romantic" line between Peter and MJ all the time. It was just some joke.

There was no intention in the slightest to make it a half-assed show. It wasn't meant to suck badly. If it was intended to be as you say, it'd be something extremely campy in the same vein as the Adam West Batman show and faaaaaar more poorly written that it turned out to be, but it's not. You could tell it was just trying to be an honest Spider-Man show, not one that is a mockery of the titular character with bad production values.

The fact remains that it hasn't aged well. How does that stop you from watching and enjoying it? Now submit to my will and stop persisting with this bizarre belief that the show was intended to be half-assed from the get go.

I'll give you a lollipop if you do...
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:24 pm

I can't believe out of 4 shows that were written around the same time, that one is cheesy with charm and it wasn't unintentional. Seeing as at the time i thought it was cheesy, whereas the others seemed more serious but now look cheesy in a very very bad way.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:50 pm

I can't believe how all those old Marvel shows turned out so damn(but unintentionally) cheesy. Such a pity.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:45 am

Sora wrote:
I can't believe how all those old Marvel shows turned out so damn(but unintentionally) cheesy. Such a pity.
Well they did censor out all punching to keep it kid friendly compared to the darker nature of the DC cartoons its not that suprising.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 3:00 pm

And the laser guns...
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 3:19 pm

And Wolverine's claws.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 3:23 pm

What ARE the police doing with lasers anyway? Using a laser gun automatically gives you poor aim. Did no one learn from the Stormtroopers?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 8:40 pm

Savage∞ wrote:
And Wolverine's claws.
What are you talking about? They gave him lots of robotic enemies to rip up, the claws themselves weren't censored and he was even in agony the first time they came out.

SOK wrote:
What ARE the police doing with lasers anyway? Using a laser gun automatically gives you poor aim. Did no one learn from the Stormtroopers?
Thats because star wars is shit, its like someone read lord of the rings and thought how can we fuck up this idea completely. Also how the hell were stormtroopers the clones of jango fett act like they've never used guns. Seeing as he gave obi wan some trouble I don't see how every single stormtrooper was reduced to fodder.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 8:58 pm

Stormtroopers aren't clones, they're people/retards who signed up to fight for the Empire. Most of the clones were old as shit by the time the original trilogy takes place since they age twice as fast.

The clones themselves didn't display much assness in the prequels, but that's probably because they were on the "good side" at the time. In Star Wars rules, that automatically increases their chance at kicking ass instead of being fodder.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 9:24 pm

Quote :
What are you talking about? They gave him lots of robotic enemies to rip up, the claws themselves weren't censored and he was even in agony the first time they came out.
How much damage had Wolverine even done to real enemies with his claws? The only two villains that come to mind are Sabretooth and Mr. Sinister, and neither of them were mortally wounded or anything.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 9:26 pm

Even in the latest cartoon Wolverine didn't do any damage with the claws, so it's not something that's only attributed to the 90's cartoon.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 11:08 pm

Savage∞ wrote:
Quote :
How much damage had Wolverine even done to real enemies with his claws? The only two villains that come to mind are Sabretooth and Mr. Sinister, and neither of them were mortally wounded or anything.
Wolverine never does anything in any animated cartoons except for the movies i.e. wolverine vs hulk. As you said he did attack villains as well with them, so he did use them and chopping off a sentinels head should be considered fairly useful.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 7:23 pm

X-Men Evolution has my favorite character designs and Wolverine suit, at least it's a major upgrade to the brown & yellow he wore a lot in comics. Good stories, good voice acting
Another plus is not including the crush Wolverine had on Jean, that stuff is annoying

I watched only the first 3 episodes of Wolverine & the X-Men, I really like what I saw in it so far

90s X-Men has a better use of Apokalypse, but my GOD is voice acting corny in that show, it's so bad I can't watch the full cartoon, people speeches are too slow, Gumbo keeps speaking in 3rd person, and Wolverine & Chucky have 'meh' voice actors. It's sad that two of the voice actresses were performing badly here, I like their performances in Resident Evil games
The Phoenix story & the Shia'ar relations are stupid, even in comics
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 7:25 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Savage∞ wrote:
Quote :
Wolverine never does anything in any animated cartoons except for the movies i.e. wolverine vs hulk. As you said he did attack villains as well with them, so he did use them and chopping off a sentinels head should be considered fairly useful.
At least they didn't make him as corny as they made him in Spider-Man & his Amazing Friends after Juggernaut tossed him to a wall
Back to top Go down
CeciliaAngel
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 7:23 am

I think the best one is Superman it’s really awesome.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 12:31 pm

And also has nothing to do with X-Men.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 3:41 pm

everyone is intitled to their own opinion Savage. Superman also happens to be my favorite X-man as well.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 7:14 pm

But Superman isn't a mutant from Earth
How do you define an X-Man?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:05 pm

With all due respect, Ellis, you are a fool!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the best X-Men cartoon?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next