Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's the best X-Men cartoon?

Go down 
+10
CeciliaAngel
Dr. Chocolate
Kaede
Skip
Talking Sock
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
Baal
Savage
Kaio
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

What's the best X-Men cartoon? Empty
PostSubject: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 7:23 pm

Or should I just watch all of 'em.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 7:24 pm

Wolverine and the X-Men.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 7:26 pm

Seriously?
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 7:28 pm

It was almost as good as Spectacular Spider-Man and it's set in the same awesome universe as Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 7:30 pm

Is Kitty in it
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 7:35 pm

She is, but gets more screentime in X-Men Evolution I think.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 8:00 pm

Well, I'll start with Wolverine then. It's only 26 episodes so I should be able to go through that pretty quick.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 9:33 pm

The 90s Cartoon has aged badly and Evolution is actually pretty good.

But I agree with Savage, Wolverine and the X-Men is definitely the way to go.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 9:38 pm

I loved the 90s cartoon... in the 90s. Baal's right though, it's not aged well.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:01 am

If you watched them at th time the 90s was the best its awful and cheesy now though.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 4:24 am

All of the '90s cartoon shows haven't aged well. Hulk, X-Men, Iron Man, and do I really need to bring up Spider-Man?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 4:27 am

Sora wrote:
All of the '90s cartoon shows haven't aged well. Hulk, X-Men, Iron Man, and do I really need to bring up Spider-Man?
Thats not bad, its funny I can still enjoy that show which i can't say for any of the others.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 4:29 am

Sora wrote:
B:TAS and S:TAS have aged like a wine.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 4:30 am

Savage∞ wrote:
Sora wrote:
B:TAS and S:TAS have aged like a wine.

I wasn't referring to DC cartoons at all.

Superbuu3 wrote:
Sora wrote:
Thats not bad, its funny I can still enjoy that show which i can't say for any of the others.

It's still laughably bad though. No one's stopping you from enjoying it. I myself can still enjoy its hilarious assness and hammy acting, but that doesn't change the fact it's one of the shows that really hasn't aged well(in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it was considered cheesy during its time).
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 7:35 am

Yeah, Wolverine and the X-Men is the best. Evolution was alright, better than I expected it to be but the '90s one is just so corny, and well, '90s.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:10 am

I think Evolution aired on Cartoon Network while that was still good (Johnny Bravo, Courage the cowardly dog, Dexter's Lab, Ed, Edd'n Eddy).

Is that the one where Wolverine has an orange costume?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:18 am

Yeah, that's the one.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:35 am

And he was played by Scott McNeil in that one too.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 2:52 pm

Sora wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Sora wrote:

It's still laughably bad though. No one's stopping you from enjoying it. I myself can still enjoy its hilarious assness and hammy acting, but that doesn't change the fact it's one of the shows that really hasn't aged well(in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it was considered cheesy during its time).
Its meant to be cheesy and melodramatic which is why it aged well compared to the others. Seeing as them now looking cheesy is what makes them bad.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 2:55 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Sora wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Sora wrote:

Its meant to be cheesy and melodramatic

I really doubt it was ever intended to be that way.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 3:15 pm

Sora wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Sora wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Sora wrote:

I watched it at the time it was cheesy as hell even back then half the lines make you realise it was cheesy. Although admittedly the melodrama I probably didn't notice, but its hard to tell if that was intentional are the VA for spiderman. Its why its not cringe worthy like the others which were meant to be a lot more serious.

I think the biggest nail in the 90s X-mens coffin is Jubilee who gives a running comentary of cheese in a awful awful way. Its half the reason why i couldn't stand kitty pryde or her as they were often reduced to this horrible dialogue where they explain whats going on or have that last horrible line in a scene IIRC pryde did this a lot in evolution.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 3:28 pm

Oh I hated Jubilee so much. I don't remember disliking Kitty, though, in Evolution.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 3:42 pm

I've watched 11 episodes of Wolverine and it's pretty great. Aside from Wolverine maybe having a bit too much screentime, I have no problems with the show at all.

From what I've seen of Evolution (three episodes), its biggest problem is the hammy acting (oh Ocean, what a surprise) and the forced dialogue. Kitty's constant valley girl speak is annoying and Rogue's southern drawl stops being cute when it's so poory acted.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 3:43 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Sora wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Sora wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Sora wrote:

I watched it at the time it was cheesy as hell even back then half the lines make you realise it was cheesy. Although admittedly the melodrama I probably didn't notice, but its hard to tell if that was intentional are the VA for spiderman. Its why its not cringe worthy like the others which were meant to be a lot more serious.

How does that explain that the show's cheesiness was intentional in any way? All you did was restate the fact that it's cheesy, which we've all already established a million times when bringing up this hilariously bad show.

This series was never intended to be anything more than your average, everyday morning Superhero show with standard morals and lessons to be learned at the end of the day, not some shoddy turd for shits and giggles. And unfortunately, It had low-budget animation, melodramatic acting, corny romance that sounded like something out of the 60s, and every kid/teenager that appeared in the show talked and wore clothes like 90s hipsters.

It's safe to say the show definitely did not age well at all.

Kaio wrote:
Kitty's constant valley girl speak is annoying

From what I can recall, Evolution Kitty as a whole was annoying. She needed to be slapped...

...on the ass.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 1:22 am

The fact that spidey comments on the fact that kingpin is just a saturday cartoon villain doesn't show that it was intentionally taking the piss out of itself?

The dialogue was always a bit odd, with things like that, it was intentionally cheesy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the best X-Men cartoon?   What's the best X-Men cartoon? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the best X-Men cartoon?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next