Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Amazing Spider-Man

Go down 
+16
Casa
Charlie Sheen
Ellis
Skip
Superbuu3
Easyfan
Baal
Kaede
Talking Sock
Kimarous
Zero
Savage
Neo
Dr. Chocolate
A_Nonny_Moose
Kaio
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:18 pm

so emo
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:40 pm

It's fine
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:45 pm

This looks better with every trailer. It's interesting that their getting his parents involved too, should help separate it further from the Raimi films.

Looks like everyone is going to find out Peter is Spider-Man in the very first movie though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:45 pm

That film looks more like tv series quality, in terms of effects and acting.

At least the story is one they haven't done on film yet so i'm vaguely interested.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:52 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Looks like everyone is going to find out Peter is Spider-Man in the very first movie though.
Yeesh, I hope not
I know Captain Stacy, Gwen, and the Lizard will know
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:54 pm

I find it hard to believe anyone could take "Captain Stacy" seriously.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 5:50 am

This actually looks like it has some good potential. Hopefully the Lizard is done right. Sucks that he never showed up in the original trilogy, despite Dr. Conners being in it.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:17 am

The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGfThe Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 6pdGf
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 4:14 am

A bit more footage from a newer trailer I presume.

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 4:22 am

They take his mask off a lot.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 4:27 am

Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 7:40 am

Jesus Christ... That is just... wow. Now... that's music. That's how you do a superhero film's score.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 3:18 pm

I want to love this movie, don't want to enter excited then get bummed down
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:12 pm

Elvis Presley wrote:
I want to love this movie, don't want to enter excited then get bummed down
You should enter excited and then appreciating the film more when you saw it.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:54 am

Just got back from seeing it. It was pretty decent, save for the awkward romance moments(but what would you expect from the screenwriter who gave us such epic love scenes like "Ginny tying Harry Potter's shoelaces").

One thing I think the film could have handled better was Conners' character arc. The moment he tests out the serum, he pretty much becomes fool blown cuckoo already. Not too long after his first transformation, he's already working in some secret villainy lair, talking to himself, and making these insane plans like it's another usual day for him. His mind doesn't slowly deteriorate throughout the course of the film and he never has any interesting conversations with anyone post-serum other than in one quick scene.

Other than that little issue, it was okay. Andrew Garfield's an alright Spidey, the action scenes were fun to watch, the score was awesome, and the classic pivotal moments that led up to Peter becoming the good ol' webslinger we all saw before are approached differently enough that they're still interesting.

It's no Avengers, but it'll serve as a great supplement for our TDKR cravings.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:14 pm

Just got back from seeing it as well.

Thoughts?

Well, don't bother watching it in 3D. There are very few moments that really stood out enough to justify the extra cost. I enjoyed the film. I did. I even managed not to think too much on Raimi's films during the course of the film, so that's a good sign.

The romance scenes didn't bother me overly, because they were sporadic and quite brief and I thought Emma Stone's Gwen Stacy was much more instantly likable than Kirsten Dunst's Mary-Jane, especially given how the film protrays the curve of the relationship. It did suffer from over familiarity though, the opening half an hour seeming to delight in taking its time to retread old ground rather than getting on with the business of introducing us to the titular Amazing Spider-Man. Yes, that's a given with a new franchise, but this isn't a new franchise no matter how much anyone may protest otherwise.

Also, while there were a couple of funny bits, it was much more po-faced than most iterations of Spider-Man, content to portray Peter as a character suffering from sky-leaping highs to a sullen, brooding brat at his low points. That said, you still find yourself rooting for him, so I guess they got enough of him right, even if I'm not entirely convinced by Garfield; some of the more emotional moments of the script he seemed awkward, and not in the geeky parker-esque way we know and love. Also, Raimi made a point of keeping Spidey's identity secret for the most part, this new Spidey seemed to flash his identity a bit more,
Spoiler:

Lizard was a decent enough opponent and much more vicious than expected, and his sheer size and raw strength made a nice contrast to Spidey's speed and agility, though I'd agree with Sora that the script seems to fast-pace him from reluctant human-trial to full blown monster in about ten seconds. Still I don't want to sound too down; I really enjoyed the film. The fights and action scenes were terrific, the visuals were amazing, the performances by and large were good and some of the unresolved plot strands have great potential.

Oh, and
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 1:42 am

SimianWonder wrote:
Also, Raimi made a point of keeping Spidey's identity secret for the most part, this new Spidey seemed to flash his identity a bit more,
Spoiler:

I assume that's just to keep up with one of the running themes of the film. How keeping secrets can lead to painful repercussions and such.
Spoiler:

SimianWonder wrote:
though I'd agree with Sora that the script seems to fast-pace him from reluctant human-trial to full blown monster in about ten seconds.

Spoiler:

Quote :
Oh, and
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 5:45 am

I just saw it. It was good. Spider-Man's personality was really well done while he was in the costume. Although it kinda seemed like a sudden transition from omg srs bzness Parker to the cocky funny Spidey.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 12:35 pm

Yeah, I enjoyed it too. Don't understand all the negativity about it, it wasn't perfect but was certainly well above average.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 1:20 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Yeah, I enjoyed it too. Don't understand all the negativity about it, it wasn't perfect but was certainly well above average.

People are just being nagative nancies. First they began hating on the Raimi films when this film started looking decent prior to release, then all of a sudden now they're being nostalgia whores and pissing all over ASM. They bitched so much about every little damn thing on gamefaqs that there was even a hate topic about the film's musical score(which is the most deluded hate thread thus far considering mein führer James Horner did an amazing job).

The film's not perfect(Conners' rushed character development, plot resolutions revolving around Peter's past blatantly being cut out of the final film at the last minute, etc.), but the reception this film is getting is beyond screwed up.

Also, I don't care how overly convenient and corny they were, The Amazing Crane Operators were hilariously awesome.

Quote :
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 3:01 pm

Speaking of the hate and nostalgia whores, almost all people at Rotten Tomato stating they don't like it stated "the same thing all over" and stuff like "cliched all superhero movies" blah blah
Then we'll probably see them go TDKR and say "OMG, explosions are awesome, Bane almost entirely destroyed Gotham" like this didn't happen a million time already
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 6:22 pm

Anyone who says "cliche all superhero movies" is an idiot. ASM felt much more grounded and realistic than the likes of Avengers, the two of them offering entirely different takes on how to do superhero films.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 8:59 am

I think this is the best Peter Parker movie, they did a fine job with Peter, surpasses what Raimi and co did by miles, he's witty and charming, got bullied, but at least not the silly -though fun- everybody hates him from the first movie, and he's not as much of a dork, most of my laughs on the previous trilogy stem from Peter being a dork

As an action movie, it's better than the first movie, action scenes are greater than the first Spider-Man movie, mostly due to CGI of the movie and how stiff Spider-Man moves compared to later installments. Spider-Man 2 & 3 has better action scenes than this movie, more satisfying to watch

Movie is good, problem is I saw a pretty chopped down version, and May seems to be just there, nothing much to her. I will be pleased to see the full thing without cuts and stuff, then it might be the best of the films, right now I think it doesn't stand on higher grounds than they do outside of Peter, the love interest, and maybe the villain portrayal
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 11:38 am

I saw it last weekend. i enjoyed it. prefer it over the Raimi movies even, and I'm a Raimi fan.

but I never really liked Toby so maybe that's why..
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 7:50 pm

Spoiler:

Saw this today. I liked it. Not quite as good as Spider-Man 1 but at least as good as Spider-Man 2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Amazing Spider-Man
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next