Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Amazing Spider-Man

Go down 
+16
Casa
Charlie Sheen
Ellis
Skip
Superbuu3
Easyfan
Baal
Kaede
Talking Sock
Kimarous
Zero
Savage
Neo
Dr. Chocolate
A_Nonny_Moose
Kaio
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:24 am

Skip wrote:
Nah it wasn't as bad as you're saying. Martin Sheen was Uncle Ben, so that was good. I don't think the action was bad either, which scenes did you particularly think were poorly done? Not including the library scene.
The fight scenes were just bad the school scene was the highlight of the movie. The other ones spiderman was just getting his ass handed to him and I mean literally every single one, even in the school scene he was getting his ass kicked but at least it was kinda interesting.

The film looked like it was trying to be deeper then the other trilogy but i didn't feel any real bond between Peter adn ben or May. In the other version you could at least feel the anguish peter went through and it wasn't even trying to be gritty. The humour from spidey just seemed stale and made me feel like he was an asshole, aside from the dress like a car thief line everything was crappy in terms of his dialogue. Also how the hell did he even get in and out of the car if the windows were all closed.

Like i stated though the way they made him appear xtronger then spidey in the other film and all round his performance was considerably worse was painful. Kurt connors even seemed like a rip off of Willem Defoe and it was done badly to. Really the comparisons will be made by the film because of how much they decided to make the characters way to similar. Osborne was always fucknuts insane but Connors was supposed to be a sympathetic character, the fact they made them almost identical when this was meant to be more true to the comics made the whole thing seem bullshit. Even the way Ben died I was kinda like well yeah that was kind of his fault.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:37 am

SimianWonder wrote:
@ Kaio

Can't make my mind up whether I find that film funny or if it's just trying too hard. A little of both perhaps.

Sorry, I thought Buu made the past post in the topic. The compliment was to Buu lol. Team America is bad (like this movie).

I'll quote next time!
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:38 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Skip wrote:
Nah it wasn't as bad as you're saying. Martin Sheen was Uncle Ben, so that was good. I don't think the action was bad either, which scenes did you particularly think were poorly done? Not including the library scene.
The fight scenes were just bad the school scene was the highlight of the movie. The other ones spiderman was just getting his ass handed to him and I mean literally every single one, even in the school scene he was getting his ass kicked but at least it was kinda interesting.

The film looked like it was trying to be deeper then the other trilogy but i didn't feel any real bond between Peter adn ben or May. In the other version you could at least feel the anguish peter went through and it wasn't even trying to be gritty. The humour from spidey just seemed stale and made me feel like he was an asshole, aside from the dress like a car thief line everything was crappy in terms of his dialogue. Also how the hell did he even get in and out of the car if the windows were all closed.

Like i stated though the way they made him appear xtronger then spidey in the other film and all round his performance was considerably worse was painful. Kurt connors even seemed like a rip off of Willem Defoe and it was done badly to. Really the comparisons will be made by the film because of how much they decided to make the characters way to similar. Osborne was always fucknuts insane but Connors was supposed to be a sympathetic character, the fact they made them almost identical when this was meant to be more true to the comics made the whole thing seem bullshit. Even the way Ben died I was kinda like well yeah that was kind of his fault.

good post
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:39 am

It seems like a lot of your complaints are you really just trying hard to compare the Raimi films with the new one. I mean, the movie isn't perfect, but I still feel it's pretty good overall. There's some really cheesy shit here and there, although it's never hamfisted, most of the stuff that happens in the movie has a logical payoff, the fight with the police in the street of New York was wonderfully choreographed and the bridge scene with Peter saving the kid is the best scene in the whole movie. Peter and Gwen have some of the best scenes together and although the movie does have some brooding, it's not like it's entirely grim dark or anything, it really is just a movie telling the story of Peter Parker and how he becomes Spider-Man, it's not like his parents are horrifically murdered and he's forced to watch as they are beaten to death before his eyes or something.

The movie has its problems, the pacing is really weird, the ending's a fucking giant mess of stuff shoved in one after the other (I mean fucking seriously, so much shit happens in rapid succession), and it has some really awkward dialogue at points here and there, but I feel it's a pretty damn good Spider-Man movie.

EDIT:

I'm gonna say one more thing though, the movie really didn't offer anything new to the series, which is pretty bad. I feel like if you're going to make a new movie or a sequel to a series then it's got to have something new to contribute to it, the same goes with pretty much everything, I feel.

Last edited by Baal on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:42 am

Uncle Ben's death was the worst. It was like "Oh right here's Ben's death, that's part of the lore, right? Okay, dead. Moving on". There was no emotion involved, just another plot point hit.

Raimi spent at least 30 minutes building up to that death scene and it was an emotional moment. It also had great music instead of the boring trash used for ASM (forgot the guy's name).
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 3:42 am

Kaio wrote:
It also had great music instead of the boring trash used for ASM (forgot the guy's name).

You just said that 'cuz you're mad that the next chapter of DBD isn't done yet.

And regarding Ben's entire story, both the original and ASM had their own wonky issues revolving around that plot.

The original had the better death scene itself where Ben and Peter have their tender last moment together before his passing, but Uncle Ben himself had almost no build up prior to all of that in the movie. He barely had any screen time and we never got to know or care for him. They just established him in a quick scene or two and that was it.

And the car scene, the one other moment he actually had between Peter and himself, had very little weight behind it as Peter never actually did anything wrong at school to warrent any reprimanding. He never took advantage of his powers, acting like an ass and soughting out to attack Flash Thompson. All he did was defend himself from an assault. Hell, he didn't even know that he had the strength to hurt the guy with that one punch he threw. Because of that, the scene and Ben finally imparting his words of wisdom just feels contrived.

Amazing Spider-Man on the other hand actually gave us a more substancial amount of screen time to explore his and Peter's relationship a little more. They slowly build up the inevitable moment and actually try to make us care about the character before his demise. Also, the moment where Ben actually tries to teach a lesson to Peter, you could actually side with him because the boy deserved to be reprimanded. Here, Peter knew what he was capable of and tried to make a fool out of Flash by using his powers, which in turn caused this whole mess with Ben having to change his work schedule which brought about the incident that led to his death in the first place. It adds a lot more weight to it because all that came about due to a pattern of bad behaviour.

However, all that build up didn't amount to much because his death scene was so abrupt and wasn't as dramatic as it could have been handled. When it came about, It felt more like an obligation that needed to be gotten over with. What's funny is that It's not surprising that it turned out a bit rushed seeing as the screenwriter for ASM also did the Harry Potter films, where most of them also had a lot of important scenes that wound up feeling more like mere ticks off a checklist than anything monumental or memorable.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 9:16 am

SOK & Skip made the best points here

SimianWonder wrote:
SneakySunday wrote:
Wait, there were 70s movies?

Yes, they were pretty awful.

Spidey climbs three story buildings (they weren't filmed in New York, that's for sure) and fights two or three very large henchmen. They miss the point of being Spider-Man by a mile.
They were cheap budgeted and a pretty long term show for it's kind, it was done before Superheroes being the shit on screen

Though plenty of scenes are unforgivabely stupid
Superbuu3 wrote:
Also how the hell did he even get in and out of the car if the windows were all closed.
I asked that question a couple of months before the movie was released
Back to top Go down
KittensOnACloud
Official Sandwich Maker
KittensOnACloud

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 4:35 am

Didn't like it at all. I am glad I didn't take people's advice of watching in the cinema when it was first released. Didn't find any of the characters likable and the story line felt rushed. If not for the first spider man movie, I would have considered it fairly done.

5/10.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 12:41 am

Baal wrote:
Spoiler:

How can you not compare the two? At the same time as trying to be a darker take on everything, it basically retread steps from the previous film while doing it a lot worse, I mean they don't even use the most quoted line in spiderman mythos:

Spoiler:

That sounds really crappy, its not even ben's line any more its his dad's. Removing the wrestling thing then kinda having it in the film, Pete getting his ass handed to him by street thugs (after training i might add) when a power nap made him wreck people on a train. All of this was freaking embarassing. Pete could lift a limo and dodge pretty much anything and he struggles with thugs. If those guys were so strong the lizard would've killed him with any of his strikes.

I don't know where you are getting great choreography from, all i can say is watch some Donnie Yen and see what great action set pieces should look like.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 1:50 am

Actually, Peter didn't get his ass handed to him by the street thugs. He ran away before they even had a chance to do anything to him. And each time they came close to him during the chase sequence, he whacked them away easily. Also, the "training" he had prior to that was really only just doing fancy tricks with his skateboard and some stunts.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 2:11 am

SOK wrote:
Actually, Peter didn't get his ass handed to him by the street thugs. He ran away before they even had a chance to do anything to him. And each time they came close to him during the chase sequence, he whacked them away easily. Also, the "training" he had prior to that was really only just doing fancy tricks with his skateboard and some stunts.
The point is he was training and he needed to run.

Compare strength feats and his spider sense awareness between films and compare combat performance, your spiderman sucks compared to the comics and the original trilogy.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 2:28 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
The point is he was training and he needed to run.

That wasn''t training. All he was doing was looking for his Uncle's killer at the time.

Quote :
Compare strength feats and his spider sense awareness between films and compare combat performance, your spiderman sucks compared to the comics and the original trilogy.

Heeey, what do you mean "your" Spider-Man? I'm not on any side here. Razz

And I don't care if he sucks or not. I was just pointing out how you said he got his ass handed to him by thugs even though that's not what happened at all. I'm all for pointing out issues in the film as there's quite a bit, but let's not make up situations that didn't actually happen in the movie to prove a point.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 2:51 am

The point was he should've been able to dispatch them easily. The spiderman in the film was a dick. Its like i'm not even going to care about rescuing people its only about vengeance. He wasn't taking out criminals (and seemed incapable of it) he just outright sucked.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 3:09 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
The point was he should've been able to dispatch them easily.

It's probably because he still wasn't entirely sure what he was capable of and he was still inexperienced(that scene was the first time he went out and tackled the streets). He knew he was stronger than normal, but that doesn't mean he should automatically be confident in taking on a gang of people intent on harming and/or killing him. In his mind, it was probably better to be safe than sorry and just get away before things got a bit too rough at the time.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 4:35 am

SOK wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

It's probably because he still wasn't entirely sure what he was capable of and he was still inexperienced(that scene was the first time he went out and tackled the streets). He knew he was stronger than normal, but that doesn't mean he should automatically be confident in taking on a gang of people intent on harming and/or killing him. In his mind, it was probably better to be safe than sorry and just get away before things got a bit too rough at the time.

Counterpoint, with great power comes great responsibility. He was a douche. Uncle ben was one to as he didn't give him the speech which was required of him.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 5:08 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
SOK wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

Counterpoint, with great power comes great responsibility. He was a douche. Uncle ben was one to as he didn't give him the speech which was required of him.
But he was Martin Sheen, so he was great anyway.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 5:16 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
SOK wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

Counterpoint, with great power comes great responsibility. He was a douche.

No one will disagree with that. The whole purpose of those scenes with him looking for Ben's murderer was to show him being blinded by his anger and him going down a road of selfishness and vengefulness. He was meant to be a douche at that point. Uncle Ben's words didn't begin to sink in until later on after the bridge sequence.

The real issue here is how disjointed that development into a good hero actually seemed. One could say that him going out of his way to make that costume and taking criminals he captured to police station was all done for publicity's sake, as the film does actually show him reveling his newfound fame for a few seconds, but the movie doesn't make that quite clear enough.

I think it would have been better if they didn't show him taking the criminals to the police station during the montage, and actually have him make the costume after the bridge sequence when he began to realize he could do more with his powers. Fans would complain about how long it'd take him to get into the big spidey outfit we all know, but with the plot thread that they were going with, it would have made the transition of selfish douchebag into selfless superhero a bit more coherent.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 5:27 am

Captain stacey was the guy who almost reformed spiderman and that takes a lot away from uncle ben as well as removing the most famous line in comic book history.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 5:31 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Captain stacey was the guy who almost reformed spiderman and that takes a lot away from uncle ben as well as removing the most famous line in comic book history.
Captain Stacey was literally just a human roadblock until the very end. I don't know where you got that from.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 5:31 am

Skip wrote:
But he was Martin Sheen, so he was great anyway.
The other Uncle Ben was better.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 5:37 am

The other Uncle Ben was a nicer guy, for sure, but I don't think he was a better character necessarily.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 5:39 am

Superbuu3 wrote:

In all fairness, as irked as I was by the loss of the phrase as well, Uncle Ben didn't actually say it in the original origin. The narrator said it. So technically, it ain't like they're being inaccurate or somethin'. Razz

But it would have been nice if they just had him say it instead of making a mere nod.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 5:42 am

Skip wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Captain Stacey was literally just a human roadblock until the very end. I don't know where you got that from.
He pointed out vigilantism is bad and how he was obstructing the police and let a bunch of gang members get away from being a douche.

SOK wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

In all fairness, as irked as I was by the loss of the phrase as well, Uncle Ben didn't actually say it in the original origin. The narrator said it. So technically, it ain't like they're being inaccurate or somethin'. Razz

But it would have been nice if they just had him say it instead of making a mere nod.
but they gave the whole responsibility stuff to his dad not even uncle ben which is even more retarded.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 12:39 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Every time I hear the first Uncle Ben say that line I go "Does he know or something?"
I don't mind removing it from the new movie, there was no need for him to say it in the new movie, no lecture about fights or how he humiliates another student is abusing his power
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 5:00 pm

Instead of opening a thread for the sequel just for one image, here is the costume for the sequel
The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 _1361856696 The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 7mDcV3O

Last edited by Elvis Presley on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Amazing Spider-Man
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next