Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Go down 
+12
Baal
Ace
Neo
Superbuu3
Dr. Chocolate
Talking Sock
Golden Boy
Kaio
A_Nonny_Moose
Ellis
Kaede
Skip
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 7:22 am

I agree, though I haven't been able to actually get to the point where you play the game it sounds like the movement in 2 was a lot better.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 7:38 am

The base movemonet is EXACTLY the same. I literally played that for a couple hours then went straight to U2 and had no problem. Being bad at a game is no excuse to hate on it Baal. The aiming is exactly the same haha.

And complaining that they did something different is dumb Baal. The airfield is awesome. Killing from truck to truck is so much fun. The chateau is so much fun. I love how leveled it is. I went 18- 3 there before I quit for the night. And none of the guns are super powered. You have an AK, a 3 burst rifle (basically a FAL), and the dragon wich has been toned down as now the bolt action is the deadly sniper rifle. Starting with a FAL clone is nothing that big as in every U2 level they are literally EVERYWHERE.

Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:02 am

Ellis wrote:
The base movemonet is EXACTLY the same. I literally played that for a couple hours then went straight to U2 and had no problem. Being bad at a game is no excuse to hate on it Baal. The aiming is exactly the same haha.

And complaining that they did something different is dumb Baal.

No it is not the same. You could navigate the levels in U2 with some fluidity and there was always an area near you that you could use to navigate the higher areas and there was always more to the level than just what you saw. With the Chateua and the Airstrip, what you see is what you get, that's it. There is no higher structure to both levels other than "Oh we tacked on some extra floors to the building and threw in an airplane for all of a minute before giving you the airstrip base in all of its blandness." And "You are bad at the game because you can't deal with the bad aiming" is not a legitimate response. There are more people than me who have a problem with the aiming because of how slow it is now.

And the problem with the airstrip is not that it's different but that the level only gives you the plane section for all of five minutes before it gives you the base, which is stupid and pointless. Not only is it bad level design but it breaks flow, which is not something a multiplayer game should be doing unless your name is Sakurai.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:10 am

Also there's been some glitches I noticed too. In the airstrip next to the fueling stations there are black things floating there with nothing holding them and no identification of what they are. I've seen several guys get melee'd and stuck in a wall for a while.

And really, grenades don't bounce when thrown to a low point which is really annoying to get used to because I just end up accidentally tossing them a few feet away from me sometimes and forget they don't bounce which just wastes a grenade.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:21 am

I wasn't saying you were bad because the aim was bad, you're a bad player because the aiming is the same as U2, just like the climbing fluidity and movement. I'm not saying this from memory, I literally just spent a couple hours on each back to back. Go play U2 online for yourself then come back and tell me how wrong you are.

I've noticed no glitches or had any freezes or any sort of lag. I am sure you're just speaking out of frustration and that's fine but you are wrong, I'm sorry.

And how the hell does it break the flow? Sorry it's not CoD but I like the fact that it's got something to spice it up like a chase scene at the begining.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:43 am

Ellis wrote:
I wasn't saying you were bad because the aim was bad, you're a bad player because the aiming is the same as U2, just like the climbing fluidity and movement. I'm not saying this from memory, I literally just spent a couple hours on each back to back. Go play U2 online for yourself then come back and tell me how wrong you are.

I've noticed no glitches or had any freezes or any sort of lag. I am sure you're just speaking out of frustration and that's fine but you are wrong, I'm sorry.

And how the hell does it break the flow? Sorry it's not CoD but I like the fact that it's got something to spice it up like a chase scene at the begining.

The aiming is not the same at all, there are people besides me who are complaining about this. Hell, I just played U2 and the aiming is nowhere near the same. In U2 the aiming reticule comes out fast enough for you to begin shooting and the aiming goes fast enough for you to get your target precisely on their body. In the beta for U3 it has none of that, it takes a little bit of start up time to get the reticule out and then the aiming is much slower. I am not the only person having problems with this as there are people who are also complaining about the aiming being sluggish.

And it breaks flow because you go straight from an intense area that makes you have to react quickly and fast or you will eat pavement to a regular base.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:51 am

Baal wrote:
Ellis wrote:

The aiming is not the same at all, there are people besides me who are complaining about this. Hell, I just played U2 and the aiming is nowhere near the same. In U2 the aiming reticule comes out fast enough for you to begin shooting and the aiming goes fast enough for you to get your target precisely on their body. In the beta for U3 it has none of that, it takes a little bit of start up time to get the reticule out and then the aiming is much slower. I am not the only person having problems with this as there are people who are also complaining about the aiming being sluggish.

And it breaks flow because you go straight from an intense area that makes you have to react quickly and fast or you will eat pavement to a regular base.
Have you considered the sluggish movement and the slow aiming might just be because the beta is still screwing up and lagging a bit? That would make sense because from the sound of it you're playing two different games.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:53 am

That is a very likely possibility as the freezing issues and people being signed out from PSN earlier are most likely due to the massive amounts of people playing the damn game since pretty much everyone can get access to it.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:58 am

Apparently a patch was just released, so let's see what all was changed.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 am

won't be playing till monday sadly
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 12:52 pm

meh, I caved and got me some more bandwidth (I still have a limit) so I could play. played one game on Chateau, fucking loved it. didn't notice anything wrong with the controls either, if anything, I thought they felt slightly better than in Uncharted 2...

played it in 3D too, really amazing, great example of how 3D should be done, it's beautiful when you're up high somewhere and you look down, gives you a really good feeling of actually being up something high. I know most don't care for it, but still, it's worth checking out if you get the chance to..

anyways, can't connect to it now though, it signed me off and now I can't get back on..
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 1:28 pm

Ellis wrote:

Are you sure you were actually playing the beta and just didn't actually start playing uncharted 2 again?

BTW i can't even get online to play this thing there's a patch but it makes my PS3 turn off when i try too get it.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 2:04 pm

I guess I just got really lucky. Or maybe if you use the code from Infamous 2 you get a special dedicated server or something, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 2:26 pm

I agree with Ellis though, plays just like U2 if not slightly better..
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 3:07 pm

Played a couple of games, looks pretty cool. Let me know if anyone wants to play some games.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 4:11 pm

The T-bolt sniper is a beastly gun.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 4:38 pm

having played with it some more, it seems to be that the hit detection sucks, or maybe it's connection problems, I don't know, but the amount of kills I should've had where I didn't get them and got killed instead is starting to be insanely aggrevating...

and no, it's not that I suck at it.. cause I did perfectly fine in the first games..
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 4:46 pm

I'm not having any issues with hit detection. Mind you I'm using the snipers.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 4:54 pm

guess it's the connection then.. not that I'm experiencing any lag..
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 5:39 pm

Skip wrote:
The T-bolt sniper is a beastly gun.

I know right. I thought having the dragon as a spawn gun would break the game but then I saw what they did there. The one major difference I've noticed in the game is it seems to take more hits to bring people down. The accuracy of the AK has been reduced which is ok because it was kinda dumb in U2 that you could snipe across maps with it.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:27 pm

Ah shit you guys have been off for 0 minutes now that I'm back on. I was only playing a few games before dinner and had to sign off but now I'm back and you're all gone Sad
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:22 pm

I'll get on this in a bit.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 12:28 am

It's running a lot smoother now. I'm just as bad as I was before.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 12:29 am

You actually weren't too bad man. Sorry I had to bounce so soon. I got a connect four that last match tho haha.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 12:30 am

Power plays suck ass though. All of the sudden the other team can do double damage? Fuck off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Page 9 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 29  Next