Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dynasty Warriors 7

Go down 
+2
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
brandon
Basement Butterfly

Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:05 am

hope not he looks like a fairy
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 3:52 am

Chronicle mode from destructoid:

Quote :
As well as the main story campaign, Dynasty Warriors 7 (the biggest cultural event since Gobots) will feature a Chronicle Mode, a more free-form mode with a light roleplaying flavor to it. I wanted to know more, and so I asked lead producer Akihiro Suzuki about it. That's how you find stuff out!

"The way it works is that stages are made up of different areas which contain cities and battles," he explained. "If you clear these more stages will open up and you will be able to access more nearby battles and cities. Unlike the Empires games where there are many strategic elements in the gameplay, this is more straight-forward and does not have much to do with actual occupation.

"The mode is more streamlined rather than being more strategic. The cities and battles are not correlated to the map either and the mode is not so much about making your own story. Once you clear these you can move to the surrounding areas freely and you will have a choice of choosing which battle to tackle next. It delivers a slightly different gameplay experience in the sense that you have an option to freely choose the way your territory expands rather than making your own story."

The "Other" force characters, such as Lu Bu and Yuan Shao, can only be played in Free Mode and Chronicle Mode, lacking their own story. Why are they restricted to Chronicle Mode? I asked that too, son!

"The reason we have delegated the Other forces is that in the Story Mode of Dynasty Warriors 7 is that we are aiming more for an accurate interpretation of the actual history and the Romance of the Three Kingdoms source material," he stated. "As the Other forces do not fit into the story accurately we have given them more focus in the Conquest Mode."

Now that's interesting. Over the course of the games, Dynasty Warriors has deviated more and more from the history and the novel upon which it is based, so it's rather cool to see Omega Force attempting a return to more accurate times. Dynasty Warriors 3 actually inspired me to learn about Chinese history, and I'd love for Dynasty Warriors 7 to bring that historical feeling back

http://www.destructoid.com/dynasty-warriors-7-chronicle-mode-explained-193635.phtml
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 3:55 am

i reserved this today as i picked up a used copy of MvC3
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 9:13 pm

OMFG PANDA'S YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 9:18 pm

FU--------CK THE RELEASE DATE GOT PUSHED BACK
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:15 am

i hope story mode doesn't suck..... i just read you can't choose what character you want to be
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:19 am

are you preordering?

I'll probably get this early, but i'm not sure how early or if i need to finish Y4 first.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:20 am

i already pre ordered
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:30 am

its also starting to sound like there will be a lot of clones aside from charge attacks.

36 weapons for 60+ characters.......
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:36 am

Rainbow Power BD wrote:
its also starting to sound like there will be a lot of clones aside from charge attacks.

36 weapons for 60+ characters.......
Quote :
Weapon & Moveset System

* The moveset system is back to the good old Charge-based system (DW5 and before)
* Characters now equip two weapons at once. Both of them can be changed
* Weapons can be changed even in mid-stage
* Weapons are acquired either by producing them through a blacksmith, or by sometimes beating an enemy officer. You can even immediately equip the weapon you've acquired through battle
* There will be about 360 different varieties of weapons
(This does not mean there will be such amount of different movesets)
* Recent information has discovered the true meaning of the above point: There are 36 different moveset types, and each movesets have 10 weapons, so 36*10 = 360 weapon designs
* There are Unique Weapons (you guys call them 4th Weapons)
* Some weapons will have gender limitations (eg. Cai Wen Ji's harp will be exclusive to females)
* Some weapons will have aerial combo
* TheVariable Attack system (aka. Real Time Weapon Change), players can switch between two weapons anytime. The weapons can even be switched during a combo with a weapon without cutting the combo itself. To switch weapons, press R1

Weapon Expertise

* The weapons have expertise levels which indicate how comfortable a character is with the weapon type
* A low expertise level may give negative effects to the character's attacks, while a high expertise level will grant bonuses such as elements
* Characters will have special expertise in a certain weapon type, which will have an EX mark on it. When such weapons are equipped, they will be able to unleash unique EX attacks

Weapon Skills

* Each weapon will have a learnable skill (called 印 mark in JP version)
* As the player beats enemies with the weapon, the skill points needed to unlock the skill will increase
* When the skill point gauge is full, the skill will be unlocked and available to equip on any weapons

Uh i wouldn't worry too much about it, adding in the other factors i think it will make up for it seeing as the two weapons you pick for each character will be very different, so you'll end up having different movesets by having two different weapon sets with there unique moves with said weapons.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:40 am

well i guess since there is only 4 stories will make me notice less too
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:45 am

Rainbow Power BD wrote:
well i guess since there is only 4 stories will make me notice less too
I'm more curious how there can be 10 weapons in each class. Also i'd assume your not gonna bother with the shit characters.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:48 am

you probably have to play shit characters you don't have a choice who you play as in story mode. but my main interest is in conquest mode
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:50 am

Rainbow Power BD wrote:
you probably have to play shit characters you don't have a choice who you play as in story mode. but my main interest is in conquest mode
They'll hardly make you pick crap characters for too man y stages. They'll also let you play as any officer present who doesn't have a scripted scene or possibly as those officers and you have to finish there scene.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:54 am

i'll probably just play conquest mode right from purchase unless you have to unlock conquest characters through story
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:56 am

Rainbow Power BD wrote:
i'll probably just play conquest mode right from purchase unless you have to unlock conquest characters through story
We can just go through story mode together, unless chronicles is that good. Either way story mode might be a good way to get to grips with all the weapons.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:04 am

i think only conquest is online co-op now
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:13 am

I hope thats not the case that sounds dumb
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:20 am

i'll probably play conquest more than story anyway
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:44 am

Rainbow Power BD wrote:
i'll probably play conquest more than story anyway
Your making me have second thoughts about this game it doesn't sound like it will be as awesome as DW5 + XL
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 2:17 am

dw5+xl will be hard for them to match anyway

it looks like you got delayed another week buu
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 2:23 am

Yeah i noticed, uh well thats annoying. This now makes me think i should pick up yakuza 4 in the meantime, just i hope this doesn't get pushed too close to portal 2's release.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:42 am

yakuza 4 is a lot more awesome than 3, i think
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:43 am

Rainbow Power BD wrote:
yakuza 4 is a lot more awesome than 3, i think
True but i got other stuff to play at the minute, i mean i've got at least 4 single player games i've barely touched.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 10:22 am

are you putting this off like yakuza?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dynasty Warriors 7
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next