Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dynasty Warriors 7

Go down 
+2
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Dynasty Warriors 7  Empty
PostSubject: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:21 am

Dynasty Warriors 7  DynastyWarriors7

Ridiculous amounts of info:

http://koeiwarriors.co.uk/dw7-gameinfo.php

Highlights:

Return to the branched combo system i.e. like ken's rage.
Characters can have two different weapons and these can be changed, 360 weapons in game
A new kingdom has been added the Ji kingdom meaning the timeline has changed and there will now be 15-25 levels for each kingdom. Also this means lots of new characters more then 50 in total.
A new chronicle mode, which will basically allow you to free roam across china, you can join armies and such it looks like empires and xtreme modes all in one.
Switching of weapons mid combo
Character unique specials with certain weapons i.e. there signature weapons.
Aerial combos for certain weapons.
Character specials are unique and each has 2 specials

Last edited by Superbuu3 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:38 am

That sounds a bit more interesting.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:23 pm

Jin kingdom? good, now we can see how the era actually ended. they'll have to add a bunch of characters for that part of the war though, i'm going to assume at least one of sima yi's sons are going to be in it and maybe du yu.

this is looking like a must buy for me already

edit:oh i should have read the article before posting, good to see both of sima yi's sons in it
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 12:13 am

sima zhao gameplay vid

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 1:30 am

Definite preorder i think i hope online
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:26 am

i think i could live without online

if this has a CAW as good or better than 6 empires i think this is a pre-order for me
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:27 am

Mr. Ryuji wrote:
i think i could live without online

if this has a CAW as good or better than 6 empires i think this is a pre-order for me
Oh yeah totally i wouldn't care about it normally but as we finally are on the same system now i want it.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:32 am

i really hope this has CAW since it sounds like they are including an xtreme mode and empires mode in it. i'm worried about lag if this is online though as the mass amount of enemies that appear could effect that
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:38 am

Trueu but if its just chronicle mode online there will more likely be less enemies.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:40 am

i suppose but i liked 6 despite how simple it became mostly due to the fact you could kil thousands within minutes
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:53 am

Mr. Ryuji wrote:
i suppose but i liked 6 despite how simple it became mostly due to the fact you could kil thousands within minutes
everyone felt the same in 6 i really hated it.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 3:04 am

well it was just pushing square over and over
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 6:29 am

Mr. Ryuji wrote:
well it was just pushing square over and over
yet u liked it...
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 6:22 pm

so? i never liked dynasty warriors because of extreme complexity
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:54 am

I don't see how removing gameplay, characters and stories is ever a good thing.

Especially if you played the older ones. You had all the older ones like me i'm suprised you didn't just go back to playing those again.

Also didn't you love like the female characters didn't they get rid of loads of those. I thought all round you had more reason to have gripes with DW6 then me.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:01 am

Quote :
I don't see how removing gameplay, characters and stories is ever a good thing.
they over hauled the entire combat system and changed everyone's] fighting styles. with each new installment they normally only add around 5 new styles while still keeping a lot of clones.(cao cao, sun jian, sun quan, liu bei, yuan shao, and dong zhuo all felt very similar in 5). just from looking at character art i already was expecting there to be an ass load of clones, especially after seeing half the cast with either a sword or a spear. they also said before releasing the game they were focusing on the earlier parts of the war, so removing characters who didn't have an impact on the war until much later wasn't that big of a surprise either. most stories in 5 were crap anyway the only difference they had was a small narrative before each battle and most characters fought in the same battle anyway thus the only differences between story for chang ban for xiahou dun, cao cao, xu zhu, zhang liao, zhang he, xiahou yuan, liu bei, guan yu, zhang fei, zhao yun, and zhuge liang was a short narrative of theirs before the battle.

while i can undestand not liking the repetition in the combat system, and the removal characters (i personally didn't care about the ones they removed anyway) the way the stories were told were far superior than any of the other installments even if there were far less of them. personally though, i don't care about the stories anymore either, it's just empires i play
Quote :
Especially if you played the older ones. You had all the older ones like me i'm suprised you didn't just go back to playing those again.

what? i still play the hell out of 5 even if it is only for the xtreme Legends add on and i think i've said this before, nothing they've made in dynasty warriors so far can beat destiny mode or xtreme mode when looking at them through every perspective together

Quote :
Also didn't you love like the female characters didn't they get rid of loads of those. I thought all round you had more reason to have gripes with DW6 then me.
while they removed a third of the female cast there was only one character i cared about that they removed, either way my favs were still in it. the thing i hated the most in 6 was my favorite charcter Xiahou dun became a piece of shit, and i believe i've said before i play DW mostly to kill legions of foot soldiers and 6 does that the best out of all of them, especially empires where you can order everyone to stay the hell out of your way so enemy foot soldiers can spawn faster
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:10 am

Yeah i'm with you on the whole destiny and xtreme modes they are way better. A fully fleshed out destiny mode is what i'd really love. That you could go on through the whole of the 3 kingdoms arc.

5s musou modes had that thing were there were lots of conditionals the special scenes when you unlocked all the special weapons and such were awesome.

They made a lot of cool characters shitty the ones who come to mind are xiahou dun, zhou tai, xu huang and a lot of the characters i liked were gone at or they had now become boring not sure which one.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:16 am

oh yeah i forgot i hated 6's weapon system too, more than 4's and i hated that one too

i really liked unlocking unique weapons and items too
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:28 am

well i like to compare these games main game to main game.

I mean DW6E tried to combine DW5E and DW5XL and didn't really entertain me as much as either of those, after realising i had to basically be a ruler to win the game i kind of ended up just overthrowing the emperor adn the wandering warrior bit really had jack to do i felt like i accomplished nothing spending hours trying to finish off that mission list.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:40 am

thats all i do is be a ruler i occasionally be an officer but hardly
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:07 am

Mr. Ryuji wrote:
thats all i do is be a ruler i occasionally be an officer but hardly
Well gld to know i'm not the only one who lacked patience to do the other modes they did seem interesting but my ruler always seemed to be concerned with just sitting on his ass then taking over the land so i had to do it myself.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:34 am

you have to tell him to attack the other areas half the time
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 6:04 am

Mr. Ryuji wrote:
you have to tell him to attack the other areas half the time

But he don't always listen to me because he's a hater. I got way more into gundam 2, absolutely love tht game.

Ken's rage blows them all out of the water though.

DW7 looks to be the best overall though, I mean seriously switch weapons mid combo O_O
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 6:06 am

lets just hope 50% of the characters aren't the same then i'll be impressed
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 6:06 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
DW7 looks to be the best overall though, I mean seriously switch weapons mid combo O_O
Play Bayonetta.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty Warriors 7    Dynasty Warriors 7  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dynasty Warriors 7
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next