Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again

Go down 
+2
Savage
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Scratchin' Bastard

Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Empty
PostSubject: Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again   Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:26 pm

I'm already up to the Straw Hats vs CP9 battle in Enies Lobby.

And GODDAMN.

Why did I ever stop reading this wonderful, wonderful, series
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again   Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:27 pm

Because you're stupid.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again   Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:28 pm

Enies Lobby is kind of bad.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again   Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 1:17 am

Where are you reading it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again   Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:25 pm

The whole CP9 saga/thingie was so good, I just stopped reading because I thought it couldn't be topped. I was totally right.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again   Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:33 pm

Enies Lobby was terrible.

Sabaody and the war topped it in every way possible.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again   Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:45 pm

Sabaody was fucking awesome.

Still I agree with Vergil, nothing has yet topped the CP9.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again   Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:50 pm

I remember you guys mentioned something about Sabaody, is that one with the mermaid? Because it was basically Enies Lobby rehashed. I think they had to save some one again from some evil group, I don't remember. What I do remember though is it being shit.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again   Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:52 pm

That wasn't Sabaody, just the mini-arc before it, but it was still better than Enies Lobby.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again   Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:55 pm

Enies Lobby was the Cell saga of One Piece.

Asspulls? Check.
PIS? Check.
Tons of non-consequential, mindless fighting? Check.
Villains with zero personality? Check.
OMG DIZ IS TEH EPIC AND MOST SERIOSU SAGA EVER? Check.

The only good things about it were Robin's flashback and following declaration of war and Merry's death.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again   Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:58 pm

Baal wrote:
Still I agree with Vergil, nothing has yet topped the CP9.

Shit, what's the surprise?

The only problem I could see people having with it, is the fact that everyone pulled new powers from their ass. Everything else was great, the characters, the fights, the story.

Edit: The Cell Saga of One Piece? That's funny because that WAS the best Saga of DBZ.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again   Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:59 pm

Actually Cell Saga was a pretty bad one.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again   Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:01 pm

Enies Lobby didn't have a story and the characters did nothing aside from beating each other down. In the most boring way possible.

You may be confused with the actual Water Seven arc, which is probably Oda's best work to date together with Skypiea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again   Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:04 pm

Okay, SO I'M A TINY BIT BIASED. Cell was my favorite villain.

Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again   Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:05 pm

What was so great about Cell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again   Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:06 pm

...He looked cool. Uh yeah, that's my only reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again   Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:09 pm

Kaio wrote:
Enies Lobby didn't have a story and the characters did nothing aside from beating each other down. In the most boring way possible.

You may be confused with the actual Water Seven arc, which is probably Oda's best work to date together with Skypiea.

If Water Seven is the one where Franky is introduced and all that shit happens in the city, then yeah. I thought it was just all one arc.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again   Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:13 pm

Babby wrote:
...He looked cool. Uh yeah, that's my only reason.

And you think CP9 looked cool too, which makes you think they're the best villains and because you're biased you believe Enies Lobby is the best arc.

So basically your opinion sucks. sexay frog

Babby wrote:
Kaio wrote:

If Water Seven is the one where Franky is introduced and all that shit happens in the city, then yeah. I thought it was just all one arc.

Technically it's all just one arc, but Enies Lobby was of such low quality compared to what came before it, as well as what came after it, that some people consider them two separate arcs. Also the fact that most people like to split up the OP arcs in the places they visit and Water Seven and Enies Lobby are different places.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again   Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:25 pm

Kaio wrote:

And you think CP9 looked cool too, which makes you think they're the best villains and because you're biased you believe Enies Lobby is the best arc. So basically your opinion sucks. sexay frog

No, I actually thought the story was good. Franky's introduction, His past, The betrayal of Blacksmiths (or whatever the fuck they were. I don't remember), and the fighting made everything awesome imo. It was perfectly balanced.

The only one who I liked out of the group was Rob Lucci and that was before he transformed.

Kaio wrote:
Technically it's all just one arc.

Alright then.

Did you really need more story anyway? The whole Water Seven Arc (Not really a standalone arc) was almost all story, there was barely any fighting. I think they closed up nicely with all the fights in EL.

Last edited by Babby on Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again   Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:26 pm

If Enies Lobby was half its size and the fights were more original like the ones in Alabasta I wouldn't have as much as a problem with it.

The war was also non-stop fighting, but it was only 30 chapters long, had a lot of twists and turns, the fights were only a couple of pages long and the endgame was amazing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again   Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:48 pm

Someone link me to the start of Sabaody or post the chapter numbers.

I'll get to it sooner or later. Maybe it'll change my opinion about W7 (I doubt it.)
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again   Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:50 pm

491 is the mermaid stuff, 496 is when they go to the actual Sabaody Archipelago. It's not even that long an arc, it ends at 513.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again   Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:09 pm

I just started reading now since it's so short. I'll just get it out the way.

Edit: Oh look, that Octopus guy is back. Is Arlong still alive? And who the fuck is Duval, I forget.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again   Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:14 pm

Arlong is in jail, Duval is the guy who's face looks likes Sanji's wanted poster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again   Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:27 am

http://www.onepiecehq.com/read-manga/one-piece-504/page-18.html

Oh shit. I wasn't expecting gore in Wan Piss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again   Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Okay so I'm finally reading One Piece again
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next