Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baal shatters some dimensions

Go down 
+3
Talking Sock
A_Nonny_Moose
Baal
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

Baal shatters some dimensions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baal shatters some dimensions   Baal shatters some dimensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:49 am

Lady Ock?
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Baal shatters some dimensions   Baal shatters some dimensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:19 am

no that, that's not right... what the hell?

Oh god no it's upside down.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal shatters some dimensions   Baal shatters some dimensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:44 am

Kaede wrote:
Lady Ock?

The Doctor Octopus of 2099 seems to be a woman.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Baal shatters some dimensions   Baal shatters some dimensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:03 pm

Oh wow.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal shatters some dimensions   Baal shatters some dimensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 7:06 pm

Yeah, apparently she looked up the records of the past and decided that since she idolized Octavius, she would take up the name he used. Hell, she even created the Hobgoblin and he mentions himself, "I'm the Hobgoblin, every Spider-Man needs one!" mainly coming from the fact she made Hobgobby.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal shatters some dimensions   Baal shatters some dimensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 6:34 pm

The Spider's Shadow is a fucking annoying Trophy to get.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Baal shatters some dimensions   Baal shatters some dimensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 6:43 pm

Baal wrote:
Kaede wrote:
Lady Ock?

The Doctor Octopus of 2099 seems to be a woman.

I think there's a Lady Ock or someone similar to that in the normal 616 universe too. I've been reading Secret War(not the wars one with Spidey getting his black suit and such, a different one) lately and there's some chick who's basically copying Ocky.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal shatters some dimensions   Baal shatters some dimensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 3:14 pm

Anyways, I 100% and Platinum'd the game.

This is the second game I've managed to get a Platinum trophy on after God of War III.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Baal shatters some dimensions   Baal shatters some dimensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:28 pm

Well that's pretty damn quick. Did you play it day and night or was it just short?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal shatters some dimensions   Baal shatters some dimensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:29 pm

I played it day and night pretty much.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Baal shatters some dimensions   Baal shatters some dimensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:34 pm

Wait, isn't Kraven the guy who buys his clothes at a kink-shop?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal shatters some dimensions   Baal shatters some dimensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:41 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Baal shatters some dimensions   Baal shatters some dimensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:58 pm

Really? Then who was the guy with the wild animals in the 90s cartoon?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal shatters some dimensions   Baal shatters some dimensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 5:15 pm

That was Kraven, I don't remember him wearing what you were talking aboout though.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Baal shatters some dimensions   Baal shatters some dimensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:28 pm

Baal wrote:
That was Kraven, I don't remember him wearing what you were talking aboout though.
He was wearing a leopard fur and tight tiger-skin pants or something. I remember reading a comic strip recently referring to him as "the guy who buys his clothes at the condomerie (kink shop)".
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Baal shatters some dimensions   Baal shatters some dimensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:51 pm

I'm planning to trade in some of my older games tomorrow and use the credit to get this.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Baal shatters some dimensions   Baal shatters some dimensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:12 pm

Hell yeah! I didn't realize it, but my local EB is currently having a promotion going on for Shattered Dimensions wherein certain games are bumped up in value when traded for said game. I had three games (the counter lady didn't say which) that were bumped from $8 to $20 dollars. I actually gained credit from the whole transaction... and on top of all that, they had spare Cosmic Suit preorder bonuses lying around so they threw that in as well!

Man, it's been a good day! Who says EB sucks? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Baal shatters some dimensions   Baal shatters some dimensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:20 pm

We don't even have EB Games. Weren't they afiliated with Gamestop or something?
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Baal shatters some dimensions   Baal shatters some dimensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:05 pm

I think they still are, given how both their logos were on the preorder card.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Baal shatters some dimensions   Baal shatters some dimensions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 1:18 pm

Quote :
Mysterio: The only part of this I had real trouble with was Ultimate and that's because I didn't know what in the hell I was doing half of the time in that one.

You fucking said it. Seriously who ever planned how that Ultimate segment of the battle should be done deserves to be shit on and then fired. It's honestly frustrating for the sake of being frustrating. And the worst part is how much damage everything does to you during that part, forcing you to avoid screwing up much. Thankfully web strike actually worked on those orbs which helped a lot and made it easy. Amazing on the other hand was tedious and stupid as shit.

Come to think of it, that's all this game really is, just something to constantly get frustrated by. Yeah the fan-service is great, the dialogue is hilarious and the level design is somewhat nice...BUT MY GOD, WHY IS THE GAME SO ANNOYING? Don't get me wrong, this game isn't hard per say and you'll breeze through it like any average action game, but the whole experience and what you go through is more bothersome and tiring than actually fun at times.

The combat is a little clunky(despite having a kick-ass move list this time), and some moves feel a bit unresponsive at times, the targeting system is just obnoxious(not to mention unncessary) and crowd control is an absolute bitch in this game. And seriously, why the hell couldn't they just have your damn health regenerate completely after you die during a level instead of keeping the small amount you had when you just past the checkpoint? That was just silly.

And then there's the bugginess of the game, yeah, the bugs and glitches. I had to restart a checkpoint twice during the game, once when I got stuck in a fucking wall and then a second time when the game didn't registered that I defeated an enemy even though I did and got stuck, never getting the cutscene that was meant to follow after clearing a specific room.

I'll admit it was fun at times though, specifically all the platforming-esque segments and the Noir levels. And the boss fights were pretty cool too, I'd say Noir Goblin's fight was my favorite as it had a lot going on in it and the pattern you had to follow wasn't as repetitive and dull as in the other boss battles. Also the second Ultimate stage was pretty fun too, I don't know why that one didn't turn out annoying, it was just designed well and didn't screw you over with any obnoxious parts.

Still, with that said...I just...I HATE to say this but despite my criticism of WoS, I actually prefer that game to this, I'm sorry. Thumbs up to the fan-service though and it's at least worth a rental, if only for the humor and voice acting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baal shatters some dimensions   Baal shatters some dimensions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baal shatters some dimensions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2