Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mortal Kombat 9

Go down 
+12
Baal
Ace
Ellis
Golden Boy
Talking Sock
Kaio
Neo
Skip
A_Nonny_Moose
Zero
Superbuu3
Savage
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 1:10 am

Saibot wrote:
Blair Waldorf wrote:
Baal is absolutely right about MK9. It is fun, but it's still a very mediocre and bland fighting game.Btw, you guys seem to be forgetting that the Japanese (and other Asians) are mainly arcade players and SF is quite popular over there.

I really don't want to come off as a blind fanboy, but no.
It really isn't. It is one of the year's best in the genre.
I played it a bit and found it unintersting. X ray moves i felt broke gameflow, and were fairly dull, specials were the same as ever.

Combos felt preset and seemed to rely on bouncing which i hate.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 1:15 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Saibot wrote:
Blair Waldorf wrote:
Baal is absolutely right about MK9. It is fun, but it's still a very mediocre and bland fighting game.Btw, you guys seem to be forgetting that the Japanese (and other Asians) are mainly arcade players and SF is quite popular over there.

I played it a bit and found it unintersting. X ray moves i felt broke gameflow, and were fairly dull, specials were the same as ever.

I can understand where you're getting at.
X-Rays can be a real turn off sometimes, but when you think about it, they're no different then supers from Street Fighters.

And about combos: juggling isn't for everyone, nor isn't it a dependent way to pull a combo.
But that's how I roll when playing. Like I said earlier, I like the combo system in MK then in other games because of the freedom it gives you.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 1:17 am

Saibot wrote:
Baal wrote:
Quote :
Well it's not really fair either way seeing that MK had a 3 or 4 month head start.

Actually it was 2 months and the game has outsold another popular fighting game series and another that had a two-month head start on it despite being banned in a continent... that's pretty fucking good.

Two months?
You sure?

I thought AE came out in like August or late July.

MvC3 came out in February and AE came out in early June. Either way, MvC3 is a game that's been in demand for a decade and MK9 managed to outsell it when MvC3 had two months on it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 1:19 am

Saibot wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Saibot wrote:
Blair Waldorf wrote:

X-Rays can be a real turn off sometimes, but when you think about it, they're no different then supers from Street Fighters.

And about combos: juggling isn't for everyone, nor isn't it a dependent way to pull a combo.
But that's how I roll when playing. Like I said earlier, I like the combo system in MK then in other games because of the freedom it gives you.
There's two ultras and one super in SSF4 and in Alpha which i personally prefer, there were way more options. Isn't there only one x-ray in MK it just felt really lame in this day and age i expect variety.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 1:21 am

Baal wrote:
Saibot wrote:
Baal wrote:
Quote :
Well it's not really fair either way seeing that MK had a 3 or 4 month head start.

Actually it was 2 months and the game has outsold another popular fighting game series and another that had a two-month head start on it despite being banned in a continent... that's pretty fucking good.

Two months?
You sure?

I thought AE came out in like August or late July.

MvC3 came out in February and AE came out in early June. Either way, MvC3 is a game that's been in demand for a decade and MK9 managed to outsell it when MvC3 had two months on it.

I didn't think it out-sold MvC3.
If so then yes. That is pretty damn good.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 1:26 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Saibot wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Saibot wrote:
Blair Waldorf wrote:

There's two ultras and one super in SSF4 and in Alpha which i personally prefer, there were way more options. Isn't there only one x-ray in MK it just felt really lame in this day and age i expect variety.

True, true.
It is kind of boring seeing the same X-Ray's, but what I do with X-Ray's is think of all the combos I can mix up with it.
That in some cases can add variety to a character's X-Ray.
If you're someone who prefer to use their X-Ray's correctly, you'd try and come up with as many X-Ray combos as you can with your character.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 1:29 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Baal was commenting on how well known MK is, the bans mean everyone hears about it. There's no such thing as bad publicity.

My point was that sales figures don't reflect accurately how successful a fighting game is. We should take into account how it fares in the arcades too.

Saibot wrote:

Well, have you played any other fighting game in depth this year?
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 1:35 am

Super Street Fighter- I loved it, naturally.
MvC3- It was really fun, but didn't feel like the game for me.
BlazeBlue- Couldn't get into. Didn't like it.
Samurai Showdown- Oh wait, what dept? The game was pure shit.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 3:31 am

Baal wrote:
Red Red Red wrote:
SF4 tournaments are dominated by Yun and Fei Long. Tekken 6 tournaments are dominated by Bob. Marvel 3 tournaments are dominated by Wesker and Phoenix. Fighting games having clearly cut top-tier characters isn't a newsflash, or did you mean to imply something else?

No I mean that the balance in MK is massively skewed especially compared to those games.
Then can you explain to me in depth what makes Kung Lao and Mileena particularly the cause of MK9's massive imbalance? The only Mileena that even made it to top 8 in any big tournament was REO's, back in Evo. (And there was only one Kung Lao that made it to top 8 there, too.) SF4 has its usual contenders: Yun and Fei Long, and Marvel 3 has Wesker and Phoenix. What's the difference? Games like CVS2 and Marvel 2 are notoriously imbalanced; especially the latter, but apparently they're still viable enough for competitive play. Even if I thought MK9 had terrible issues with its roster, that doesn't mean I think it's a bad fighting game unworthy of being compared to other games that share the "problem."
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 6:37 am

There's always a tier list and some sort of imbalance. To argue that point just makes it redundant.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 10:25 am

Ellis is actually right about that, it's what makes fighting games more skill based in the end too, so that's fine.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 9:09 pm

Ellis the Stampede wrote:
Do you think there is going to be one of those bull shit ultimate editions or something coming soon with all the DLC and/or extra shit?
Maybe.

http://shoryuken.com/2011/12/03/bbfc-outs-mortal-kombat-komplete-edition-dated-for-february-17/
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 8:08 pm

I decided to pick up Kung-Lao seeing that he takes skills to play with now.
So far, his mid range game is horrible, there isn't much you can do besides 1, 1, 2, 1, SPIN, jik, DIVE KICK, f3. The f3 part is something I throw in after combos.

EX Hat Toss is awesome for anti-air and punishing, implying that you catch someone with it.
All together, Lao is a baiting character now.
You want your opponents to come to you and he have all the moves to keep them away no matter how they try to come in. Oh, and a teleport. But he is absolutely superb at corner combos if you know how to pull it off.

I've also been trying out Nightwolf, and he just beastly all-around.

But the character I'm determined to get good with is Ermac.
I can't seem to pull off some of the moves I see other people do.
Oh well, back to the practice mode.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:21 am

I played a bit of Kung Lao when I was at my friends' house. I rather liked him, the teleport and his long punch combo were damn good if you used them correctly.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 10:02 pm

Skip wrote:
I played a bit of Kung Lao when I was at my friends' house. I rather liked him, the teleport and his long punch combo were damn good if you used them correctly.

Yeah, only if you spin.
Other then that there is nothing else you can do.

I've been playing a lot matches with the MK board lately. They helped me use Sonya who is actually pretty friggen fun to play with if you know how to use her. There is so many different combos you can pull off with her and mix that up with the extra moves in her military stance.

Right now, I'm practicing using Ermac with the board too. He is hard as hell to play with.
His force lift as a wake-up is what the AVGN would describe as, "ASS". But as a typical juggle combo starter it is perfect. But I love his mix-ups. But then again, I only know one good combo with Ermac:

F1, 1, 1, 4, Force Lift, JIP, Teleport, dash, 1, EX Force Push

I want to make him my second main to Sub-Zero.

Anybody here got MK? The guys over at the MK board are no joke.
I'm too casual on fighting games to play them and when I do, the description I'd have to conjure up goes beyond the word, "rape."
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 10:09 pm

You would main Sub-Zero you noob. A true player mains Scorpion. AND ONLY SCORPION
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 10:12 pm

You would main Sub-Zero you noob. A true player mains Scorpion. AND ONLY SCORPION

I really hope you're joking...

EDIT:

*Realizes who I'm talking to.*
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 11:08 pm

JOHNNY CAGE
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 11:14 pm

Skip wrote:
JOHNNY CAGE

Surprisingly enough; there are very little Johnny Cage players online.
If you do come across a Johnny Cage player, then chances are he's a turtling, chip damage abusing, uppercut spamming faggot.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 12:04 am

People obviously have no taste then.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 12:16 am

There are, however, too damn many Scorpion players online( I can't emphasize that enough) and a good 75% are trashy players that does nothing but spam spear, teleport and hellfire. These individuals couldn't pull of a combo if a move list was right in front of them. Everybody knows Scorpion's Spear move. EVERYBODY...

The usual tactic for them is the 1,1,1 and repeat. Sometimes they'll throw in a spear, but those tards still ignore the fact that it can be blocked, no matter how many times they do it.
Making Scorpion players the most predictable of bunch dumbasses in the entire game.
So if some one chooses Scorpion, think of it as a "Free Win."

But good Scorpion users will give you hell. Fortunately, these creatures are very rare.

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:23 pm

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/331515/mortal-kombat-komplete-edition-announced/

Doubt i'll get it but when its cheap i might pick it up, i think that might be my new policy on all these games.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:26 pm

Then you can main Johnny Cage, like everyone of class does, and tell us all if Wingers is actually good at this.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:28 pm

I'll man test wingers:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:43 am

Tempted to buy the Vita version just all the extra krap it has. I have a problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat 9   Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mortal Kombat 9
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next