Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?

Go down 
+5
Maskull
A_Nonny_Moose
Skip
Baal
Superbuu3
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?   Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:43 pm

Yeah, Lucas gave me a bit of trouble. The next boss is pretty fucking easy though.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?   Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:49 pm

Just tried the demo, seemed a little samey. Is there more variety in the full game?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?   Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:13 am

SimianWonder wrote:
Just tried the demo, seemed a little samey. Is there more variety in the full game?

It's river city ransom, if you liked that get it. If you don't check out gameplay vids and see if the quirks and humour make it appealing.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?   Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 3:20 am

I bought this the other day, the game seems a hell of a lot easier once you get the 'faster item swing' thing from leveling up.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?   Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:15 pm

I really wish the levels were split up properly in this game. Each level seems to be made up of two stages, but you have to complete both back to back without returning to the map in order to beat the level, so it's kind of pointless. Once you beat the level, both stages of it show up on the map. But if you make it to the second stage and then quit or die or whatever, the second stage isn't unlocked. You have to start from the beginning of the first stage.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?   Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:21 pm

You guys really make this game sound shit. It seems to be one of the top games on gamefaqs though. Not sure if that means anything though as that could just be lots of people trolling.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?   Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:58 pm

It's a very fun game. It just some bizarre design choices.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?   Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 1:53 am

Is there any real difference between characters?

Otherwise i might just get castle crasheres instead.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?   Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 12:06 pm

The basic attacks are different for each character and they all have two or three unique moves to unlock. They also have different strikers (assist attacks) and Ramona has the ability to pull an item out of thin air at the cost of energy.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?   Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 12:13 pm

but effectively the same basic motions? i mean i fought as the two guys and it was effectively hard strike and light strike. Do you use the unique attacks much? and are the characters different enough to make you prefer one over the other, like do you actually feel a difference?

I'm debating getting this as i got no games i can play with my nephew almost all my games are 18
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?   Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 12:25 pm

The only character I've fully levelled up is Scott so I can't say anything about the others but I use his second unique move quite a lot as it breaks block and has decent range. I think Knives and NegaScott get projectiles which could be an interesting change.

From what I've seen on /v/ Stills is a fair bit slower than the others and he doesn't have many options for low attacks but he hits a lot harder than the rest. Ramona has a couple of attacks with a hammer and Knives is faster than the rest. That's all second hand information though so take it with a grain of salt.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?   Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 11:49 am

How many characters are there to choose?
Also people still playing this?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?   Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 11:58 am

6 Characters, one must be unlocked and the last one is coming with a code for DLC with the Scott Pilgrim DVD when that hits stores.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?   Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 10:48 pm

I'm suprised wallace isn't in this, he's probably the funniest character
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?   Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 11:09 pm

Don't think I even finished this game. Not sure why I bought it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?   Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 12:28 am

Do you even like beat em ups?

I got the impression only me, baal, bob, bd played them extensively.

I'll get this eventually but i'll wait for it to go on deal. This does seem like it'll be fun if not only for a while.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?   Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 12:36 am

I enjoyed it, sure. I just lost interest.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?   Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 1:27 am

Is it long and is there a level select?

I heard drop in and out gameplay was not allowed, so if i was playing two player and then i wanted to go back to one player is there a level select i can use to return?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?   Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 1:57 am

It uses a Super Mario 3 type of map, so you can go anywhere. Can't really remember how long it is.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?   Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 2:55 am

Games on offer and is fucking fun, i think it needs to be played coop though for max lulz.

The insane shit that can happen due to the ricochet physics is brilliant, there's also a decent amount of depth to combat then what you'd expect from the demo as you unlock more and more moves.

Also can't help but think i should of started this game on easy as itws freaking hard on normal.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?   Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 3:03 am

It's hard until you start buying strength/defense/health upgrades.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?   Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 3:23 am

Where's your avatar?

And yeah i noticed that i think i should up my defense more it seems to get huge chunks taken out of it suddenly.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?   Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 4:02 am

Maybe imageshack or wherever it was hosted deleted it?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?   Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 12:17 pm

Super Mario Bros 3 stage select screen
NES kinda music

Weird, but fun
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?   Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 3:11 pm

did anyone unlock nega scott on this?

Deleted my save file the other day, then completed it with scott, and just now ramona on supreme master. Gonna have to do it with still and kim to get nega scott.

Also anyone ever fought the secret boss it still hasn't shown up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?   Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone get Scott pilgrim Vs the World?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next