Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Batman: Arkham City

Go down 
+17
Old School
Savage
Eevil-Psycho
Talking Sock
Ellis
Dr. Chocolate
Ace
Kaede
Kaio
Skip
Neo
Baal
Kimarous
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
Zero
A_Nonny_Moose
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 2:56 am

DLC was quite good, a little bit short but I liked playing as Robin outside of challenge maps.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 2:59 am

You basically were just playing in challenge maps though.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 3:08 am

I know what you mean, I guess it just didn't feel like I was which makes everything better.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 3:23 am

nonny, your awesome is showing
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 2:08 pm

http://au.ign.com/articles/2012/07/11/arkham-city-sequel-will-be-a-silver-age-prequel

Quote :
Arkham City Sequel will be a Silver Age Prequel
Justice League of America to make an appearance.

Variety has learned that WBIE (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment) is set to introduce members of the Justice League of America in the next installment of Rocksteady's Batman series.

The entertainment trade magazine reports that the much-anticipated sequel to Arkham Asylum and Arkham City will, in fact, be a prequel centred on Batman's first meeting with his arch-nemesis The Joker. Stylistically, it's said to be based on the Silver Age era of DC's comicbooks, dating from the 1950s, when Batman first team up with other iconic DC heroes, like Superman and The Flash, establishing the Justice League of America.

Variety claims this is part of a conscious effort by Warner Bros. to expose audiences to the Justice League of America, as it ramps up production on a JLA movie. The Silver Age JLA typically consisted of 7 heroes: Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, and Wonder Woman.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 4:32 pm

Hmmm, I have mixed feelings. Mainly because it seems like this wasn't necessarily the direction rocksteady wanted to take.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 12:30 am

Yeah, I was getting interested in the Hush and Azrael stuff.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 12:46 am

Oh fuck off with the fucking Joker.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 4:50 pm

Mark Hamill every year for the past 10 years wrote:
This will be the last time I do voice work for The Joker.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:43 pm

So I bought the Game of the Year version of this game on Wednesday and beat it like eight hours ago. I spent a good amount of time faffing about but still missed loads of stuff (only saw Azrael two times, didn't see Croc, only saved two Riddler prisoners, I'm missing whatever the last gadget is, etc.) and haven't touched the challenge rooms.

Right now I'm stalling because I really don't want to have to go troll through every level looking for Riddler stuff. Do you know what the perfect number of hidden collectibles is? 25. Do you know what the worst number is? 400.

Ending was brilliant. Strange was underwhelming for how much he was built up. Catwoman was too... nerdbaity? Is that the correct nomenclature? You know what I mean. Bosses were much better this time around and the amount of cameos and stuff in this game is outstanding.

Did you guys see the pregnancy test in the Steel Mill? Goddamn, the details in this game and the foreshadowing the creators put into it (like they did with AA) is something I wish more developers would do. I'm disheartened by the news they're going to do a stupid prequel about the stupid Joker though. He had a good run let someone else have the spotlight.

The only bad thing I have to say about the gameplay is that Batman feels kind of floaty and gets caught on objects too easily. The combat is perfect, so perfect in fact that I sometimes freeze up in the middle of battle because there's just so many different gadgets that I will be overwhelmed.

I'm saving the Harley DLC until after I 100% the main game.

Also, I'm devastated that there was no mention of Shark Repellent spray in the entire time I was skating over Tiny. Punching him in the face was almost as good though.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:32 pm

Casa Stark wrote:
Also, I'm devastated that there was no mention of Shark Repellent spray in the entire time I was skating over Tiny.
There's no Adam West costume either, even though they added pretty much every other Batman ever.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:42 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
Casa Stark wrote:
Also, I'm devastated that there was no mention of Shark Repellent spray in the entire time I was skating over Tiny.
There's no Adam West costume either, even though they added pretty much every other Batman ever.
Dude, i swear i brought this up before.

Spoiler:

The cowl was blue in at least some seasons if not all (from what i see on tv its blue a lot fo the time), unsuprisingly they used the animated intro as the main concept for the game so he didn't look dumb:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

admittedly the absence of drawn on nipples and eyebrows disappoints.

Unrelated note we need this in the next game:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:51 pm

I'll concede that it looks like the cartoon one but it's absolutely not Adam West.
Back to top Go down
Syntek
Deck Hand
Syntek

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 3:13 pm

This game was so much fun. Need a sequal now, I want to drive the Batmobile in the next game.

Did anyone here clear all of the challange maps with all objectives yet? Some of those are just crazy. I thought after beating this on New Game plus I'd be skilled enough to plow through the challange maps to get 100%.

No such luck some of those challanges are next to imposible. Well at least for my slow ass fingers.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 3:18 pm

I beat all the ranked challenges as Bats, but I can't be assed to do the campaign ones yet.
Back to top Go down
Syntek
Deck Hand
Syntek

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 4:44 pm

The campaign with the Black Mask is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:40 am

Joker's Carnival extreme is fucking bullshit.

It's not hard, just cheap.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:26 am

Alright, beat the campaign stuff. Now all that's left is that storyteller trophy, which I challenged myself to do legitimately. So essentially, yeah, I've practically platinum'd AC. Hurrah.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 5:08 am

Casa wrote:
Joker's Carnival extreme is fucking bullshit.

It's not hard, just cheap.
Was the DLC on disc or was it some code BS?

I hate having to install extra shit.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:01 am

I got the GOTY edition, all the DLC is on it.

In other news, Predator Master is fucking bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:55 am

I don't know, Predator Master was pretty easy to me. The first two challenges are a breeze, and the End of the Line one, while a little more annoying, wasn't all that daunting.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:31 pm

It took me ages because I'd keep getting caught on ledges while trying to grapple on Natural Selection Extreme and dying, so by the time I'd get to End of the Line I'd only have one retry left and I'd inevitably get caught on the geometry or mess up in some way and get riddled with bullets. I did do it in the end when I started copying stuff I saw on youtube but it took me about an hour.

The worst thing is I'll do all the campaign modes again as the other three characters. God damn.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:41 pm

I never touched the campaign challenges or the stealth challenges. I just played the combat challenges over and over.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:58 am

you guys seem to have the opposite problem to me, i found the stealth challenges a joke but some of the combat challenges fairly troublesome. I don't think i touched the campaign ones, i'm rebuying this when the GOTY is released here which i think is next month.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:39 am

None of the challenges are that troublesome. It's just that the campaign was annoyingly tedious and doing three challenges in a row with handicaps each time was tiring. Ranked should have been enough to satisfy players. The campaign is just a borefest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batman: Arkham City
Page 18 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next