Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Demons Souls...

Go down 
+8
SimianWonder
Kaede
Talking Sock
Ellis
xalas
Rockstar_Sinistar
Superbuu3
Neo
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Demons Souls... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 4:47 am

Not every RPG. Just the gay, faggy JRPGs.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 7:05 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Neo wrote:
Well I ended up buying it.
I don't know what you're talking about re: the blue knights in 1-1 being really difficult. As soon as you learn the timing for parries you can 2hit them.

Also the first boss (the 'cow pat' in Yahtzee's words) was pathetically easy.
so did you complete this game was it actually good?

I'm tempted to pick up either this or dragon age... although i really should pick up mass effect 2 lol.

Mind i might not buy anything just yet seeing as i got ysakuza 4 and am getting portal 2
Haven't beaten it, it's on my list though. From what I have played it's great. Although you'll likely ragequit a couple of times throughout the game you'll learn that all your deaths were your own fault, that is to say there was always something you could have done differently to not die. In that sense the game is actually very fair, you just have to expect that you'll die and be open to learning from it.

The online is probably the best thing about the game, you can enter other peoples worlds and depending on the situation either help or hinder (kill) them. You can also put down summoning stones in your own world that allow players to come and co-op with you but as long as you're connected to the internet there's a possibility that you'll be invaded without warning and killed by another person. It sounds harsh but it's really not a huge issue outside of a few 'hotspots' where some people like to grief with weapons that destroy your armor.
That said I think the servers are being shut down around June this year so you'd have to get into it fairly quickly if you wanted to play any multiplayer.

Also the follow up game, Dark Souls, is supposed to be coming out this year so unless you want to play through the first game (which is worth it imo) you could just wait for that.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:03 pm

Dark souls is 15 pounds should i get it?

Also will someone play with me?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:14 pm

I'd definitely get it, that's less than budget price for you guys isn't it?

I'll give multiplayer a shot, it's not possible to directly connect to a certain person but there are ways to rig it so we should be okay.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:27 pm

Just asked around a little and apparently if you place your summon sign on the ground, wait 20 seconds or so and then redo it if it hasn't worked you should be able to connect without too much hassle. The idea is to put the sign in a secluded location so you don't summoned by random people.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:29 pm

Awesome i'll order this and you can platinum the game for me while i sit back and chill. Are we gonna have to hook up skype or something to chat?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:34 pm

Yeah, unless you feel like typing out messages over PSN.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:43 pm

Bag of Oranges wrote:
Yeah, unless you feel like typing out messages over PSN.
Well we'll work out whatever programme uses up the least bandwidth, we can uses steam IIRC. Although i gotta work out where my mic is for the comp. I guess i could use my singstar mic as a last resort but that could be annoying.

I don't wanna lagtastic experience from trying that.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 5:51 pm

I tried playing this recently, and all went well, until I died because I rushed (was trying for the fifth time in a row), and got mauled by a bunch of dogs. I also lost the 4000 souls I were trying to get so that I could buy arrows to beat the boss. Fucking Demon's Souls.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 5:59 pm

Pfft, I've lost at least 80,000 souls during my Dark Souls playthrough.

Not sure if I'd play Demons Souls now - Dark Souls being acknowledged as the superior game, it'd seem a little pointless.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 6:46 pm

I got Demon's Souls cause it was 20 bucks and felt I could wait to play Dark Souls... and yes Demon's Souls is kicking my ass.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 6:49 pm

I don't know if I'd call Dark Souls the superior game, both have their pros and cons.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 8:34 pm

When Dark Souls came out everyone sounded mightily disappointed.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 8:54 pm

at least the stairs didn't kill you
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 9:55 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
I don't know if I'd call Dark Souls the superior game, both have their pros and cons.
Intriguing. Most of the feedback I've seen has been unanimous in saying Dark was a succesful evolution of the Demons formula, with the refinements making for a better experience
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 9:09 am

The Dark Souls open world is better than Demons Souls Nexus + Waystones thing but the areas in Demons were better and felt more unique. Same goes for the bosses in Demons.

The bonfire system is really good and I like estus flasks more than grass, which could be accumulated pretty much infinitely and made you rely on healing more than you should.
I have mixed feelings about the change from mana to a set number of casts for spells, I think magic was more versatile when you could pretty much use it all the time and never run out of mana but it got to the point where it was a little too powerful for a relatively small investment. Limited casts fixed that problem but is still not ideal imo, I'm just not sure how I'd fix it.

Dark Souls introduced covenants which are awesome, if a bit glitchy (gravelord) and I think has better structured online overall. It's not perfect as high-level PvP in both games still boils down to being better at getting backstabs than your opponent but, at least for a time, Dark Souls had a totally different metagame based on the new poise system which was fun to experience.

So yeah, pros and cons.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 9:20 am

So once I've beaten Dark, Demons is still worth a look basically?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 9:40 am

I'd say so. The online is still quite active too which is good, Atlus have extended the deadline indefinitely now despite originally intending to take the servers down in October 2011 and then May 2012.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 10:22 am

I was going to ask how active the servers were, so that's one less thing to do!

With regards to Dark, I've just finished Anor Londo and gotten the Lordvessel... how far along am I? I'd guess around 70% because I know there are at least three places I've yet to explore properly.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 10:27 am

About half way, not including optional areas. You're given the Lordvessel because you start to jump around areas a little, it helps not to have to backtrack all the way through the world over and over again.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 11:01 am

Wow, only halfway? I'm at thirty hours now, didn't realise the game was that big.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 3:36 pm

So I beat the spider by standing where he could barely hit me and spamming arrows. I don't feel powerful at all. I took the chance to level up some, though, to get closer to the standards needed for the Blueblood Swordsman build (I thought it sounded cool). It does, however, require me to complete 4-1, which has some rape-y skeletons, which means that I need Turpentine or Sticky White Stuff. Where can I get/farm that?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 3:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:12 pm

I don't know how it happened, but I killed the Adjudicator without very much hassle. Have I become a true warrior? What now? Flamelurker?
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 5:08 pm

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT I WAS SO CLOSE TO KILLING THAT MOTHERFUCKING DIRTY COLOSSUS (WEAK PIECE OF SHIT), BUT THEN I GOT HIT BY A SWARM AT AN INOPPORTUNE MOMENT AND DIED. AFTER USING ABOUT FIFTY HERBS ON THE WAY (FUCKING SHIT CUNT ASS POISON COCKS)

Guess I need anti-poison measures and five hours of farming and grinding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demons Souls...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next