Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Demons Souls...

Go down 
+8
SimianWonder
Kaede
Talking Sock
Ellis
xalas
Rockstar_Sinistar
Superbuu3
Neo
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Demons Souls... Empty
PostSubject: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:44 am

...just came out in Australia, is it worth buying?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Demons Souls... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:47 am

depends what games your into

its meant to be stupidly hard to the point of cheap, so it sounds like your typical grindtastic RPG
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Demons Souls... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 2:01 am

Well as far as difficulty goes I've beaten games like Ninja Gaiden on hard, although it took some time.
As for grinding I've played quite a lot of JRPGs so I'm pretty much used to it.

Google tells me it's all about practice and trial and error, you have to learn the enemies in order to beat them.
Anyway, I just called EB and they don't have it in stock yet so I've got time to decide Razz
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

Demons Souls... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 5:08 am

I love the fact that it has Create A Character...But that's about it. -_- I still having been able to beat Dragon Age. How do I stand a chance against a game like Demon's Souls?
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Demons Souls... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:27 pm

Dragon Age gameplay is completely different, I don't see how it would reflect on how well you'd do in Demons Souls at all.
Back to top Go down
xalas
Silver Peaks Golf Course
xalas

Demons Souls... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 2:39 pm

think about ninja gaiden on hard + dragons age + i wanna be the guy game

on certain maps if you die repeatedly the enemys get higher lvls with more ATK and HP its a total BS fest where even the first lvl kicks your ass repeatedly i didnt even get past the first area cause the blue eyed knights its total BS but if you like total BS almost horridly impossible games....go for it ^^;;;
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Demons Souls... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 4:47 pm

xalas wrote:
think about ninja gaiden on hard + dragons age + i wanna be the guy game

on certain maps if you die repeatedly the enemys get higher lvls with more ATK and HP its a total BS fest where even the first lvl kicks your ass repeatedly i didnt even get past the first area cause the blue eyed knights its total BS but if you like total BS almost horridly impossible games....go for it ^^;;;

your forgetting one hugely important fact... you suck Very Happy

just get risa to help you
Back to top Go down
xalas
Silver Peaks Golf Course
xalas

Demons Souls... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:39 pm

screw you razmato>_> lmao

i dont have the game anymore i sold it for 40 bucks on ebay and bought DMC4 and overlord bundle from steam and deus EX
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Demons Souls... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 1:34 am

deus ex is great your slowly becoming a man, VERY slowly
Back to top Go down
xalas
Silver Peaks Golf Course
xalas

Demons Souls... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 4:04 am

yo bite me zabuumafool
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Demons Souls... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:44 am

Well I ended up buying it.
I don't know what you're talking about re: the blue knights in 1-1 being really difficult. As soon as you learn the timing for parries you can 2hit them.

Also the first boss (the 'cow pat' in Yahtzee's words) was pathetically easy.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Demons Souls... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 11:48 pm

Neo wrote:
Well I ended up buying it.
I don't know what you're talking about re: the blue knights in 1-1 being really difficult. As soon as you learn the timing for parries you can 2hit them.

Also the first boss (the 'cow pat' in Yahtzee's words) was pathetically easy.
so did you complete this game was it actually good?

I'm tempted to pick up either this or dragon age... although i really should pick up mass effect 2 lol.

Mind i might not buy anything just yet seeing as i got ysakuza 4 and am getting portal 2
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Demons Souls... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:44 am

If you want an RPG forget this garbage and go with FFXIII. You know it's awesome.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Demons Souls... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:48 am

Ellis wrote:
If you want an RPG forget this garbage and go with FFXIII. You know it's awesome.
I thought you only liked that because it was fap worthy
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Demons Souls... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:53 am

In all honesty I think its a very good game. Not the super awesome end all be all rpg like FFVII I hoped it to be but it's pretty tit in its own right. But yeah I've greased my pole to just about the whole cast so it gets another point in the replayability category just for that alone.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Demons Souls... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:56 am

All the JRPGs except valkyria chronicles just seem a bit shit this gen.

I'd probably buy a SMT game as long as it weren't another persona and a sequel to nocturne.
From what i've played FF9 was the last good final fantasy.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Demons Souls... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:08 am

Then you obviously didn't play FFX or FFXII.....though to be honest FFIX is my favorite too.

And Jesus I hated Persona. I played almost all the way through 3 a few years back when it first came out and I almost shot myself in the face. I made it almost to the end to but I told myself if I had to go back to fucking Tartarus one more fucking time I was going to my local gas station and dowsing myself with gasoline and lighting myself on fire while trying to scar as many people emotionally for the rest of their lives as I possibly could.

Level 5 makes good RPGs tho. I heard White Knight Chronicle didn't do too well but everyother game I've played by them I absolutely loved so I'd been wanting to check it out for a while now.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Demons Souls... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:18 am

Ellis wrote:
Then you obviously didn't play FFX or FFXII.....though to be honest FFIX is my favorite too.

And Jesus I hated Persona. I played almost all the way through 3 a few years back when it first came out and I almost shot myself in the face. I made it almost to the end to but I told myself if I had to go back to fucking Tartarus one more fucking time I was going to my local gas station and dowsing myself with gasoline and lighting myself on fire while trying to scar as many people emotionally for the rest of their lives as I possibly could.

Level 5 makes good RPGs tho. I heard White Knight Chronicle didn't do too well but everyother game I've played by them I absolutely loved so I'd been wanting to check it out for a while now.
I heard its multiplayer, if thats the case i'll pick it up when i know other people have it.

I played FFX it wasn't bad but it wasn't as good as any of the other FFs I've played, 12 played lilke an MMo i stopped playing as soon as i started. X-2 sucked.

I wouldn't mind another dragon quest game either that would be pretty sweet to.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Demons Souls... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:20 am

Superbuu3 wrote:

Too bad DQX's on the fuckin' Wii.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Demons Souls... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:22 am

SOK wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

Too bad DQX's on the fuckin' Wii.
Go do something about that then fix it, and get us clover sequels on PS3 to while your at it.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Demons Souls... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:24 am

My super Jesus powers are currently depleted though. You all need to worship me more so I can regain my strength if I were to attempt feats such as those.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Demons Souls... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:25 am

SOK wrote:
My super Jesus powers are currently depleted though. You all need to worship me more so I can regain my strength if I were to attempt feats such as those.
That reminds me this glass of wine you poured me tastes like water.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Demons Souls... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:32 am

Damn. Well, looks like my powers really are fading fast. Oh well, the least I can do now is help prevent Kaio from raging and slaughtering Ellis for his glorification of all those horrible post-FFIX games.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Demons Souls... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:33 am

I dunno what it was about FFX but it gave me the impression it was trying to be another FF7
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Demons Souls... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 2:17 am

No way man you crazy. It is completely different in every way from FFVII. And every rpg tries to be another FFVII, I mean it is the reason RPGs are even a genre now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Demons Souls... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons Souls...   Demons Souls... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demons Souls...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next