Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus

Go down 
+5
Kaede
A_Nonny_Moose
Kaio
Skip
Baal
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus   Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 2:17 pm

I am now halfway through the Colossi.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus   Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 2:55 pm

You suck at this Baal.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus   Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:04 pm

Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 924364_20040924_screen007

3rd colossus. He lives on a massive improbably balanced plateau in the middle of a lake. You have to wait until he swings his massive club at you, and then run up it on his arm. He has a weak point on his stomach and head, so you have to jump from his arm to the platform around his waist, and then climb up to his head. In hard mode he has another weak point on his left arm.

There's also a cool trick you can do with this one. When he smashes his club into the ground, get on it and wait right at the end of it. When he yanks it back up, if you jump at the right moment the moment can propel you right up to his head.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus   Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:08 pm

Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Fead664598c258953aaae65bd3c8ab681227970180_full

4th colossus. This guy can be tough. In the area you fight him, there's some underground tunnels. You run to one entrance so that he follows you, and he stands over entrance trying to get you by stomping around. Meanwhile you exit from another place and come up behind him. You can either jump on his tail and get up that way, or run up the little above the entrance and leap onto those things dangling from his head. He only has one weak point I think, on his head, and in hard mode he has another one in his shoulder.

You can also use your horse to jump onto his back leg and get up that way, but it's really hard.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus   Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:13 pm

Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 23jn3mw

5th colossus. This guy is awesome. He lives in some ruined castle or something that's been flooded. He perches on a spire and just looks at you, and you have to shoot at him to get him to move. Then he flies right at you and you have to jump right back at him and grab his wing. Then you're up and climbing around on him while's flying about. He has a weak point on each of his wings and one on his tail. Can't remember if it's different in hard mode, or if that is the hard mode and it's different in normal.

When you stab his wing, he sometimes does a barrel roll, and if you time it right, you can drop from one wing to the other as he spins.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus   Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:16 pm

Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 5347790fa1278dbf52421255c74e24581227970389_full

6th colossus. This one is actually inside a big temple. One of my personal favourites too. You have to run away from him to the back on the temple, and hide in the little alcove there. When he leans down to try to find you, you have to run out and jump on his beard, at which point he freaks out. He has a weak point on his back, and I think his hand and maybe his head, I can't remember.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus   Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:25 pm

Flying on the fifth colossus was awesome. The thirteenth was awesome too. The one I hate the most is where you're in some kind of desert and you have to use your horse and fire arrows at the sand monster following you.

I thought the fifth and sixth one were the other way around. First the bearded guy, then the bird.

Last edited by Kaio on Sun May 23, 2010 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus   Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:26 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
You suck at this Baal.

Well shit, I didn't think i would be providing much info since you're doing it for me.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus   Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:29 pm

Quote :
He has a weak point on his back, and I think his hand and maybe his head, I can't remember.

Yeah, that's where they are.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus   Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:29 pm

That was the 10th one. I hate the 12th one the most. It's the most awkward one to fight. The 13th one probably the biggest moving thing in any PS2 game.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus   Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:32 pm

Checked up the 12th one. I remember getting really annoyed at that too.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus   Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:35 pm

So are you doing this in hard mode Baal?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus   Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:40 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
So are you doing this in hard mode Baal?

Not yet, I started with Normal because I needed to get back to remembering how to play and their weaknesses.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus   Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:43 pm

Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Colossus3

7th colossus. This is the eel one. There's a couple towers and stuff sticking out of the lake, but you have to get into the water for this one. Once you're in he swims up at you and then goes back down, and you grab his tail as it reaches the surface. Then you get dragged under the water as he swims around. When he comes up the surface you have to stab him around those big spikes on his back, because they're electrified.

If you're close to one when you get dragged into the water you get electrocuted. Once all three are out you have to go for the weak point on his head.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus   Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:54 pm

Nonny you could write an FAQ on this game

damn why can't this be on PSN, i'd buy it in a snap
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus   Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:55 pm

Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Colossi8b

8th colossus. This one is in a colosseum of sorts. There's a space in the middle, and a building all around it with multiple floors, and bits broken off here and there. You start inside the building, and this thing climbs up the walls to come and get you, and it shoots stuff at you from it's mouth. You have to shoot it's legs while it's high up to knock it down, because the weak points are on it's underbelly.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus   Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:57 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
I played it a lot. It was the game I joined GF for, and on the board there was a time trial topic, which I got into. There's some really cool shortcuts and stunts you can do with the physics engine in this game.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus   Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 4:04 pm

That red bar is your health, and the pink circle is your stamina/oxygen. It goes down as you grip and climb stuff, or while you're underwater. It's pretty big in that last picture, but that has to be a second play through. For the stamina anyway. You can eat the fruit on the trees to increase your health. There's white tailed lizards that you can eat to increase your stamina, but the increase isn't even noticeable. Your stamina increases a bit each time you beat a colossus anyway.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus   Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 8:55 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:

Fingers crossed for that rumored Shadow of the Collossus + Ico re-release(in the same vein as the GoW+GoWII for ps3 collection) to celebrate The Last Guardian's release.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus   Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:01 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
That red bar is your health,
But wouldn't you die instantly if one of those clobbered you?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus   Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:03 pm

If they directly step on you or something it's instant death. You can still lose health from falls and almost getting hit.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus   Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:06 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Sora wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

Fingers crossed for that rumored Shadow of the Collossus + Ico re-release(in the same vein as the GoW+GoWII for ps3 collection) to celebrate The Last Guardian's release.

Ico was weird it reminded me of knightmare

I don't care for Ico either but that's the pack that everyone wants. It'd feel more complete that way instead of just randomly reselling only one ps2 game as a ps3 port.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus   Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:12 pm

Sora wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Sora wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

Ico was weird it reminded me of knightmare

I don't care for Ico either but that's the pack that everyone wants. It'd feel more complete that way instead of just randomly reselling only one ps2 game as a ps3 port.

actually guess so otherwise it would feel like a rip off
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus   Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:31 pm

There was a rumour that SotC was getting a PS2 Perfect Edition rerelease. Haven't heard anyhing on that for ages though.

I really hope they don't do much to the games if they do get a PS3 release though. Up the resolution, and that's about all I'd want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus   Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baal plays Shadow of the Colossus
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2