Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)

Go down 
+6
Skip
Zero
Kimarous
Neo
Superbuu3
Talking Sock
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:45 am

There's this coming too.

It looks about as average as Risen 2 turned out to be, though. Still, I'll keep my eye on it.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:26 am

And I bought Risen 2 on release. You promised me Sora...
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:30 am

I didn't promise anything, ya scury dog.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:43 am

Neo you have to play it and confirm/deny that the combat is awful.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:46 am

Also that game looks boss as fuck Sora, but I won't get my hopes up until we see actual gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:04 am

Damn straight. Screw hope.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:46 am

Combat animations look awful in that, and if that wasn't actual combat and was cutscenes those are the some of the jerkiest movements i've seen in one.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 12:00 pm

Hence my lack of enthusiasm. Is it so hard for a high-budget Pirate game to exist in this day and age? Come on Rockstar, get the memo already.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 12:02 pm

If somebody made a good pirate rpg, surely they know everyone would get on that shit.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 3:20 am

So... at least there is gonna be ship mechanics, but it seems like the game will be a little smaller in scale compared to other RPGs due to have a stronger story focus, but it'll still have some exploration. Maybe it'll be more akin to Sly 2 and 3 or Simpsons Hit & Run or something.

Really wish he could have interviewed someone that was a little more confident and could speak a little more clearly.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 8:45 am

I dunno, it sounded okay. I really just want to know more about the combat at this stage.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 8:41 am

I hope Sora doesn't insist on getting our hopes up again for no reason:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:42 am

Forgive me for being very charismatic and influential. That is why I'm approaching this new game with extreme caution, so you'll follow suit.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 10:50 am

Is there anything new on this game?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 10:56 am

Nothing.

The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Tumblr_lytwbmHUlz1r2hskto2_250
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:29 am

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 4:23 pm

Oh not fucking pirates.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 4:30 pm

Well we already Arabs, Italians, and Indians, obviously Pirate is the logical conclusion.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 6:15 pm

Baal wrote:
Well we already Arabs, Italians, and Indians, obviously Pirate is the logical conclusion.
Really baal?
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 8:13 pm

wrong thread to be starting this but AC is a tired franchise now so i wouldnt be getting excited about 4
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 10:05 pm

https://youtu.be/YMcMph-TW9I

as i said before, AC is a tired franchise BUT its a pirate game......kinda
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 10:45 pm

No naval battles in MP though. They left it out to focus more time on the SP, which is nice.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 10:49 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
No naval battles in MP though. They left it out to focus more time on the SP, which is nice.
Considering that they're doing annual releases it'd be worrying if they didn't. I'm done with this series anyway, it's failed to really engage me since 2 and I don't care enough about the boring story to put up with the gameplay that somehow comes across as more repetitive than AC1 despite technically giving you more options.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 11:42 pm

Neo wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Considering that they're doing annual releases it'd be worrying if they didn't. I'm done with this series anyway, it's failed to really engage me since 2 and I don't care enough about the boring story to put up with the gameplay that somehow comes across as more repetitive than AC1 despite technically giving you more options.

completely agree, i got into ezio's journey but AC3 was a massive let down for me & making them every year just seems like a cash cow rather than making a decent game
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 8:50 am

Any progress on the Poirates RPG scene? Surely someone has to make a halfway decent game after seeing all of these games that look awesome and then either fail or get cancelled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next