Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)

Go down 
+6
Skip
Zero
Kimarous
Neo
Superbuu3
Talking Sock
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:26 am

You know a moose RPG would be better than pirate RPG.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:39 am

I dun wanna play no ninny moose RPG.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 8:09 am

Oh come on Nonny, if it were about moose instead of pirates you couldn't make jokes about it being an "AarrrghPG"
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 1:40 pm

I think you guys are forgetting there is an actual Kaio pirate RPG coming out this year. We posted about it earlier in this topic. Moose you should make a Moose RPG, otherwise the goat one is the closest thing to it.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 4:52 pm

Risen 3 is coming I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 12:37 pm

Damn Risen 2 was a great game.  I'll always have fond memories of a game that was a great pirate RPG.

In retrospect I was harsh on combat. Action RPGs almost always have shit combat which is essentially press square.  Only a few like Demon's souls have genuinely good combat.  In terms of the RPG elements this game is superior to a lot of games in many ways.  People kept telling me play Fallout: New Vegas you can get through the game talking your way through everything and that wasn't true you needed to max speech and obviously there was bandit encounters.

In this game you can talk your way out of a lot of situations, you don't even need to max speech or anything.  Although the speech path (cunning) is useful as it boosts thievery to which makes you able to lockpick stuff, I didn't use dirty tricks in the game but you can throw sand and othr substances in other peoples eyes or throw your parrot at them.  You can intimidate people, shoot them in the face mid convo or just use the dialogue tree to your advantage.

Word of caution play this if you want a pirate RPG, don't expect anything more.  If anyone bitches about this game I'd like to see them comment on how the game doesn't give you an immersive pirate experience.  Unless you want ot be a pirate and wield a pistol and a sword then this isn't for you.  The magic options are terrible, but I think thats accurate I mean the bluecoats rule in this world so wouldn't really make sense if all powerful sorcerors could stop them.  There was a really cool innovative way to kill one of the bosses I stumbled upon which was really cool.

The best thing is though you can get a pet monkey to steal for you, what more do people want.

Frame rate does drop randomly, this seemed to only happen way later in the game though, I had no issues early on.  If I hadn't developed a huge backlog i'd play this through again and side with the other faction to see how differently some areas would've played out.  Seriously two moments in this game are pretty much the coolest things i've seen in a RPG ever.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 12:50 pm

Well I'm sold on it, but I just bought a Viking RPG. So I'll pick this up when next I see it on sale.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 12:54 pm

A viking RPG? Lemme see that shit.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 1:03 pm

You can get it for next to nothing here on PS3.  I think there's meant to be mods that clean up the games images a bit.  Keep in mind you should only be playing this to be a pirate, the combat and stuff is uninspired.  Also keep in mind the animations look a bit shitty, namely the first girl you meet she annoyed me and made me want to stop playing off the bat.  By about 30 minutes to an hour in the game I was interested in how things might play out.  After that I got addicted without realising then I just really started to enjoy things.  Also the dialogue in this game and MCs delivery of lines is pretty fucking awesome.  I think i beat every single quest in the game so I should be able to help you out if you get confused I really don't think its all that confusing except one island where i refused to follow directions and went all the ways they insisted I shouldn't go because I assumed there was going to be treasure then not having a map and only a compass on that island I struggled to get back to where i was lol.

Also I have no clue how to use a musket in this game.  You clearly are supposed to switch from stabbing with the bayonet and shooting, but i keep getting hit too much.  Although shooting the crap out of a bunch of pirtes I just tested it out on worked fine.  If you think you'll go mainly blades the voodoo option might be better its got some hilarious shit you can do even if you don't use the voodoo powers plus you get a woman who heals you in your party the whole time.  Oh also play this game on easy its stupidly hard and would most likely cane all your health items and then mone buying them if you played on higher difficulties.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 1:07 pm

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I really only want to play it because pirates are fucking awesome. I'm not expecting it to be a good RPG in its own right. I'll let you know what build I end up going with once I've gotten it and played around a bit.

Sora, it's called The Banner Saga, but I think it's only out on PC right now.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 1:12 pm

Is the Hulk the main character? Is he a viking?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 1:19 pm

Skipio wrote:
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I really only want to play it because pirates are fucking awesome. I'm not expecting it to be a good RPG in its own right. I'll let you know what build I end up going with once I've gotten it and played around a bit.

Sora, it's called The Banner Saga, but I think it's only out on PC right now.
I mean honestly I only bought it as the setting seemed interesting. I did have gripes with combat, but like I said putting it on easy means you get to piss about about and fight as you want to. The pirate elements are done really well and if I think of it purely from the RPG perspective its damn good. Muskets seem pretty broken on this if you know how to use them. I just wrecked a boss with one, but that guy wasn't using a sword so that might have been why.

I'd probably say save before you spend any skill points in case you end up choosing skills you don't like. Best bet though is not put any points in firearms or voodoo until you hit the branch. As voodoo can't be used at all on one branch and muskets are very hard to obtain on the other branch plus you can't learn the huge damage boosting skills as you'll piss off the teacher for muskets if you choose the opposing branch.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 2:44 pm

God damn. A One Piece RPG gets released in the west on PS3 and it only has local multiplayer.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/12/stash-one-piece-unlimited-world-red-screenshots/
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 2:52 pm

Groovy.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 5:25 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
God damn. A One Piece RPG gets released in the west on PS3 and it only has local multiplayer.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/12/stash-one-piece-unlimited-world-red-screenshots/

Its like they love me. I'm getting this and won't play it as is apparently what I do with all games. It looks damn nice.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 2:20 am

This popped up around over a month ago I think. I don't believe I've ever seen any of that footage before.

There's this too.

Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 5:15 am

There's something about the combat animations that looks strange. That was a cool trailer though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 10:52 pm

Must buy i didn't even check gameplay, that kind of thing is for games about other things:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/09/26/viking-squad-hits-ps4-2015/
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 10:08 am

I believe the game is out now. Apparently, it turned out god awful(so god awful that it's gud), as I suspected all along.

Buzz. Woody. Give me strength.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 1:31 pm

That was hilarious, but now I'm a bit sad.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:09 pm

This is how you should do your lets play voice over buu
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 5:13 pm

Didn't see this before during E3. Looks a bit odd, but maybe, just maybe this could be the one?
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 4:31 am

Hey guys, I think they fixed it!

You can see how they recaptured and enhanced the original experience.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 1:47 pm

HUNCH, HUNCH!

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 1:29 am

Can you handle another disappointment?

I suspect this will be assassin's creed black flag without the assasinations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)   The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The RD Crew's not-so-swashbuckling search for a Pirate game! (Featuring Buzz Lightyear)
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next