Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Record of Agarest: Generations of War

Go down 
+6
A_Nonny_Moose
Neo
xalas
brandon
Savage
Baal
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Record of Agarest: Generations of War - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record of Agarest: Generations of War   Record of Agarest: Generations of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 2:07 am

I'm waiting for Trine to show up on PSN+, which I'm hoping will be soon just before the sequel comes out. Outland is great. Haven' played it since I beat it though, and never tried co-op.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Record of Agarest: Generations of War   Record of Agarest: Generations of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 7:42 am

i'm dl 'ing this again while i wait for RE chronicles. maybe i can get into it. too bad my DL speed is god awful today
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Record of Agarest: Generations of War   Record of Agarest: Generations of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 7:59 pm

i already set it to autoplay........
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Record of Agarest: Generations of War   Record of Agarest: Generations of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:39 am

i should have known better than to re download this
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Record of Agarest: Generations of War   Record of Agarest: Generations of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 5:10 pm

Cuddles With Claire wrote:

Hmm why?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Record of Agarest: Generations of War   Record of Agarest: Generations of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 6:08 pm

If you want a detailed list of why this game is terrible i can give you one.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Record of Agarest: Generations of War   Record of Agarest: Generations of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 8:06 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:

Hmm why?

for starters the detail in the battlefield is horrible, especially since it's a movement grid similar to other srpg's. the horrible part being heavily due to the fact that all battlefields have exactly the same layout grid unless you like changing starting battle formation which is a stupid idea.

it doesn't help that the story pacing isn't that great because you'll have to fight 5-20 battles to reach the next major and like i said before the battlefield doesn't change unless you choose to.

i'm normally not a graphics whore but aside from the cutscenes everything looks like a ps1 game and the battle animations aren't exciting at all. i turned all battle animations off already. HDN has far superior graphics and i don't think it's that great at all. it's only slightly worse than cross edge but i'm more forgiving on that because battle animations are much nicer in CE.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Record of Agarest: Generations of War   Record of Agarest: Generations of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 8:21 pm

the only thing i really liked is how much planning it takes to pull devastating combos but the fact that all battlefields are the same really put me off and i it becomes very monotonous unless i get ambushed. if that happens your weakest members are basically fucked cause they can be easily killed in one turn. the only actual difference in battlefields are when different monsters appear in a slightly different formation
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Record of Agarest: Generations of War   Record of Agarest: Generations of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 1:03 am

HDN has far superior graphics
I agree, the graphics in that are much better.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Record of Agarest: Generations of War   Record of Agarest: Generations of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 1:24 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Record of Agarest: Generations of War   Record of Agarest: Generations of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:09 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
If you want a detailed list of why this game is terrible i can give you one.
Thanks but i'll pass you'll tear into my soul if you do Wink

Cuddle Party wrote:
Blackchaosdragon wrote:

Hmm why?

for starters the detail in the battlefield is horrible, especially since it's a movement grid similar to other srpg's. the horrible part being heavily due to the fact that all battlefields have exactly the same layout grid unless you like changing starting battle formation which is a stupid idea.

it doesn't help that the story pacing isn't that great because you'll have to fight 5-20 battles to reach the next major and like i said before the battlefield doesn't change unless you choose to.

i'm normally not a graphics whore but aside from the cutscenes everything looks like a ps1 game and the battle animations aren't exciting at all. i turned all battle animations off already. HDN has far superior graphics and i don't think it's that great at all. it's only slightly worse than cross edge but i'm more forgiving on that because battle animations are much nicer in CE.
Hey cross edge was Awesomesause it just lacked an etna factor is all.
Allthough i hated that bast*** Vermillion.... uber boss ... jeez.

Cuddle Party wrote:
the only thing i really liked is how much planning it takes to pull devastating combos but the fact that all battlefields are the same really put me off and i it becomes very monotonous unless i get ambushed. if that happens your weakest members are basically fucked cause they can be easily killed in one turn. the only actual difference in battlefields are when different monsters appear in a slightly different formation
Oh i see .... that aside your name changes faster than neptune break.

Inigo Montoya wrote:
HDN has far superior graphics
I agree, the graphics in that are much better.
Spoiler:
AAAAAAGGGGHH I SEE A XBOX, oh wait its fine.

Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Record of Agarest: Generations of War   Record of Agarest: Generations of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:14 pm

i found cross edge enjoyable for a while, this is just bad
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Record of Agarest: Generations of War   Record of Agarest: Generations of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 7:43 pm

Cuddle Party wrote:
Indeed every game with etna is very enjoyable lol Wink
Aregerest.... i wonder why is still doing well despite it being bad ....
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Record of Agarest: Generations of War   Record of Agarest: Generations of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 8:51 pm

because it's a low budget game
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Record of Agarest: Generations of War   Record of Agarest: Generations of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 10:04 pm

I don't even play my PSP anymore. But if I did... I'd probably be back to switching between Dissidia & Fate Unlimited Codes while telling myself I'll one day DL Maverick Hunter X. lol
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Record of Agarest: Generations of War   Record of Agarest: Generations of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:48 am

Blackchaosdragon wrote:
Cuddle Party wrote:
It was DD only in the US so its false advertising of being basically a eroge game would've made a bunch of ppl buy it for a high price and then they can't trade it in.

Its low budget and its later games added in move controls to emulate massaging girls, its just using sex to sell and it apparently worked number 2 which is the third in the series seems to actually have decent graphics.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Record of Agarest: Generations of War   Record of Agarest: Generations of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 5:10 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Blackchaosdragon wrote:
Cuddle Party wrote:
It was DD only in the US so its false advertising of being basically a eroge game would've made a bunch of ppl buy it for a high price and then they can't trade it in.

Its low budget and its later games added in move controls to emulate massaging girls, its just using sex to sell and it apparently worked number 2 which is the third in the series seems to actually have decent graphics.

False advertising and sex.... heck....
but people must have realised that from playing the first if they intend to buy the second
that it will be equally similar ... somwhat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Record of Agarest: Generations of War   Record of Agarest: Generations of War - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Record of Agarest: Generations of War
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2