Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just Cause 2

Go down 
+8
Kaio
Kaede
Rockstar_Sinistar
Baal
Kimarous
A_Nonny_Moose
Neo
Superbuu3
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Apparently hers is supposed to be a highly exaggerated Singaporean accent. Personally, I just brushed it off, thinking "Hey, it's a fictitious country in a video game. For all I know, it's some kind of Panauan accent."
Back to top Go down
Bassman
Deck Hand
Bassman

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 12:43 am

Managed to find my last 7% at Three Kings... I missed the large statue in the middle... doh!

From the peoples and environment in the game and the vehicles I figured it was based on the Malaysia and Sri Lanka area, which Singapore would agree with. Not so sure about the snowy region though.

I have been playing on the 360 and have admittedly managed to miss out on the glitches (so far) other than a rather hard to reach gun emplacement!

http://a.imageshack.us/img831/9029/gunr.jpg
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 12:49 am

A cool thing that happened to me recently, was that I crashed a car in Panau City. It landed on it's roof, and I got out, but the car was still spinning slightly from the crash. But it didn't stop. It actually sped up. It was just on it's roof, spinning in place, getting faster and faster. Then it exploded, which slowed it down, but it kept spinning and started speeding up again.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 6:32 am

Did you record it?
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:30 am

Does the game have a recording function?
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:37 am

Yeah. At least on the PS3, it does. There is an in-game function where you can set it to record until you say so, then upload it directly to your Youtube account. I have several on my channel, if you are willing to check it out. In fact, you see that vid higher up on this page? That's mine.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 12:25 pm

I got the 360 version because I wanted the custom music. That version doesn't have recording. There's no physical reason it couldn't, but the 360 and Live aren't open services. Taking pictures or videos straight from the game and saving them to the HDD and stuff will probably never happen. You're not supposed to be able to use the 360 like that.
Back to top Go down
Bassman
Deck Hand
Bassman

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 3:54 pm

I took the video of the "Hatch" Island Helicopter with my old Digital Camera which at least does 640x480 at 30 fps. I have it to hand while I am playing now in case anything else unusual happens.

I still manage to get stuck on the last few percent on settlements. I usually get close and inevitably by then it is dark and I have to wait until morning to find any more destroyables.

At least with the Health Gauge at a full 180 degrees now "Air Support" is a lot less of a problem (on Casual... I prefer my games to be "fun"). My Level 6 Machine Gun will easily dispose of a Helicopter. It is also useful against the Colonels. One head shot kills them now which makes life easier.

I do seem to do some spectacular crashes (impossible to record of course). I managed to cartwheel that 6 wheel Motorhome that resides at Blaine's House after you finish the Agency Missions!
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 4:34 pm

I got a plan for lets play when i get this. May need tips on how to video edit though, i think thats an amazing feature.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Bassman
Deck Hand
Bassman

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 12:36 pm

I'm almost tempted by the PS3 version, if only for the video feature.

Considering the minor (very) issues I have with the game I am really enjoying it still, after almost 140 hours play in the few weeks I have had it.

Minor gripes...

Sat Nav could at least show you the way to go at ALL junctions.

Jet planes (200 mph... ish you have got to be joking) similarly Helicopters (which are slower).

Vehicle headlights in the dark... a candle would probably give better light!

Fast cars and bikes are a total nightmare to use. Slower vehicles are the best option.

Being able to jump and "catch" a ledge and haul yourself up would be nice, though a close range grapple I suppose achieves the same objective.

If I had one wish for the game it would be to have a float equipped Helicopter to land on land or water. That would be extremely useful.

At least Black Market extractions are free (useful when you have found all the locations) and can take you anywhere you have been.
Back to top Go down
Bassman
Deck Hand
Bassman

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 9:44 pm

So, I occasionally try to see how far i can get one of the 4 wheel Armoured Cars (with gun - Razorback) away from a base. Normally I use a base around the middle of the West coast of the big Eastern Island. I can usually manage about 5-6 km before the thing is destroyed.

I'd returned from Hantu Island to drive through a few buildings in the same vehicle at the Northern Airbase on the Eastern Island. I did the Faction Mission there first and drove away in the Armoured Car and headed to the Motorway destoying any military vehicle that got in my way. I reached the Motorway relatively unscathed and headed South. For some reason I managed to keep going until I was over 17.5 Km away (as the crow flies!).

Now I have a real target to beat next time I take a Razorback for a joyride. May take a few attempts to improve on that... if it is possible! It does make a change from doing missions etc. I now have less than 100 locations to complete (now at 62% completion overall).
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 11:03 pm

The military aren't much of a threat when you're in a vehicle really, especially if it has a gun on it. There's no escalation system like in GTA.
Back to top Go down
Bassman
Deck Hand
Bassman

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 12:00 am

The trouble with even armoured vehicles is that even small arms fire will destroy them.

Just did the satellite detruction mission. Not helpful telling me there was a lift at the back as I wasted time failing to find it!

The mission ended with my pet hate... flying a plane. Not even sure how I succeeded.

Tried the grapple a billboard near Panay's face and hit the "Y" button. Nice touch that in the game.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:28 am

I though you had different Heat levels.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 2:03 pm

There are different heat levels, but frankly I never noticed any difference beyond the first level. Initially, any military personnel that see you will come after you. After that, they'll start sending helicopters. And that's it really.
Back to top Go down
Bassman
Deck Hand
Bassman

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:00 am

Hit 75% on this yesterday. I also completed the last Faction Missions. The one defusing bombs in Panau City against the clock was a pain. I wanted one of the fast Helicopters but make do with one of the slower ones which made life a lot easier, even if I had to pretty much crash land at the last bomb!

Time is now in excess of 200 hours play and I have under 40 locations to complete. Then there are the challenges to complete (for some more Achievements) and also some of the more difficult combat types to do.

Having soon got access to completed locations that supply the ammo that I use, and the easy access to vehicles (other than one or two on the list) I have have avoided the Black Market for such things and now have well over $7 million in the game! I thnk the only upgrades that are outstanding are the last couple of levels on 2 or 3 weapons.

I still have 3 Sections of Panau City to complete. I will most probably leave those until last.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 3:38 pm

I got 75% recently and I have like 250 locations complete. I've also been using the black market fairly regularly, and I still have more than 5 million dollars.

Ammo boxes I've found to be pretty unnecessary really. I've been using a revolver/smg/shotgun combo for ages now and I've never run out of ammo because they're all fairly common enemy drops. The fully leveled shotgun is probably my favourite non-explosive weapon.
Back to top Go down
Bassman
Deck Hand
Bassman

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:12 am

I like the pistol/smg/machine gun combination. The pistol may not be the most powerful but with 308 bullets you can get a fair amount of enemies with it. It can dispose of Fuel Depots etc. without a problem. The smg is just there for backup as pistol bullets are not that common as a drop though there does seem to be a pistol ammo box at some bases.

The machine gun will take down a helicopter faster than a detached mini-gun.

I am now doing my last three locations... Panau City (other than the Dock area). I think they will go quicker with the Rollinson Helicopter which I think I can pick up in the Docks District.

Just need some more ammo Resource Boxes to upgrade my last weapon. For some reason I have loads of Vehicle Boxes and all the vehicles are upgraded.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 9:54 am

My setup is SMG, Sawed-Off Shotgun, and Machine Gun (formerly Assault Rifle). SMG is my primary, having decent enough capacity and ammunition to allow constant use (plus I can always transit over to the one Roaches base, as an SMG + Grenade case combo is right near the front gate). SOS is my occasionally used "buster" weapon; say, for example, I don't want to waste primary ammo on a fuel tank, so I whip out the SOS and blast it away in three shots. Machine Gun is a good hard-hitter, especially as a vehicle buster. Many a mission has been made significantly easier by it.
Back to top Go down
Bassman
Deck Hand
Bassman

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 9:19 pm

The Machine Gun is the most useful weapon. Fortunately some enemies drop ammo so it is not too bad in that respect. If I need ammo for it I know the Settlement that I need. Same for Triggered Explosives (and Grenades) and I have one that I remember for Pistol and SMG (and Grenades).

If there is a parachute drop of reinforcements the MG can quickly dispose of them.

Finally found a Rollinson int the Panau district (Financial I think) I was clearing. I have been on 94% for ages there and have flown around, drove around and walked around. I think I had the same problem with the Docks District, but I think I found all the Gas Stations (even one under a bridge). These place can get seriously frustrating at times.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 11:50 pm

Pistol, SMG, and grenade ammo boxes can be found in most military bases. Although I do have a list of all the weapon locations I've found, I never bother to extract for the rarer ones. Just seems like a waste of time. If I need a sniper rifle or something in a hurry I just use the black market. If I see a general, I'll usually buy a sniper rifle just for the two shots it'll take to kill him and then throw it away.

I never used the machine gun much. The assault rifle was a lot more common earlier on in the game, so I took to carrying that along with two SMGs because duel wielding them was fun. Then I started carrying an RPG and two SMGs since I did that stronghold mission that has an RPG ammo box, and there's also a big military base in the mountains that has one too.

My current weapon set I use because I'll never run out of ammo for it. The shotgun has 128 bullets when fully uploaded so it's all I ever need really. I carry the revolver because you can shoot through helicopter windscreens with it, and I like to be able to just hook to a chopper and deal with it without having to hijack it.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 9:27 am

I liked the assault rifle from the demo, it just felt so powerful.
Back to top Go down
Bassman
Deck Hand
Bassman

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:30 pm

I got 100% on my last three outstanding locations (at last). I left three areas of Panau City until last. Park was the final one... after finding my last 2 Water Towers! Financial (with rounding) hit "100%" before I found another item for the Tick for completion.

Now for a thorough search for all the other stuff!
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 12:24 am

I'm going for the faction items now. Nearly 80% complete.
Back to top Go down
Bassman
Deck Hand
Bassman

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:08 am

I'll use the Agency Hovercraft for all the Black Boxes next as it is probably the fastest vehicle for the job. I'm at just over 85%. Then I'll "borrow" a K22 from Panau City for the land based ones (where possible). I suspect some trecking will be necessary for a lot of the land based ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Cause 2   Just Cause 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Cause 2
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raziel's Domain :: Entertainment :: Games :: Action Adventure-
Jump to: