Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

After some serious thoughts...

Go down 
+4
Kaio
Talking Sock
A_Nonny_Moose
Sol Badguy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 12:04 pm

yet your saying most films around it were awful

isn't this more a statement saying you hate all late 80s and early 90s films
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 12:19 pm

What the fuck? I never said that. I said that the Batman films(that one crappy one before it and the handful after it) were worse than Batman 1989. What the hell does any other film have to do with them?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 12:26 pm

Quote :
It was only good to people for its time because it was surrounded by trash before AND after(excluding Returns) during those few years, he overall was a dull and stupid Joker.

you said trash before and after considering that was the first batman film excluding stuff from like the 60s

it sounds like your making a blanket statement about films at the time
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 12:29 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:

you said trash before and after considering that was the first batman film excluding stuff from like the 60s

it sounds like your making a blanket statement about films at the time

Don't be stupid then, it's pretty obvious that I was only referring to the Batman movie franchise and I even said I included the theatrical film from the 60s. Why would I be insulting any other film? You know I'm a disney fan so that obviously rules out shit like that considering some of the best Disney films were released DURING the early 90s as well as kick ass other films being released in the late 80s.
Back to top Go down
Sol Badguy
East Blue Pirate Captain
Sol Badguy

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 2:21 pm

Why you guys dont have some perspective???

I mean, just imagine the good movies Tim burton has done... Why focus on batman???

Its almost like saying Heroes is not a soap opera
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 3:27 pm

Lucifer wrote:

I mean, just imagine the good movies Tim burton has done... Why focus on batman???

How the hell is that similar to saying "Heroes is not a soap opera"? It's more like discussing one crappy thing out of a dozen other average things. The discussion was about how he sucked in doing his first Batman film. We know he does other good films, no one's denying that. But basically I was just pointing out how none of his other work could be as bad as Batman.
Back to top Go down
Sol Badguy
East Blue Pirate Captain
Sol Badguy

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 5:51 pm

Sora wrote:
Lucifer wrote:

How the hell is that similar to saying "Heroes is not a soap opera"? It's more like discussing one crappy thing out of a dozen other average things. The discussion was about how he sucked in doing his first Batman film. We know he does other good films, no one's denying that. But basically I was just pointing out how none of his other work could be as bad as Batman.

WRONG!!!!

The discussion was about Tim burton or Quentin Tarantino trying to revamp an old movie, you guys just went from art to faggotry in less than 3 (<3) posts

My point been the noir/ gothic effect on an old horror movie
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 6:53 pm

Lucifer wrote:
Sora wrote:
Lucifer wrote:

WRONG!!!!

The discussion was about Tim burton or Quentin Tarantino trying to revamp an old movie, you guys just went from art to faggotry in less than 3 (<3) posts

My point been the noir/ gothic effect on an old horror movie

I never said anything about it not being a topic that got derailed, so correction, what YOU'RE discussing is the pro-gothic atmosphere in films worked on by suitable directors, what WE were discussing was Batman. I only brought up a thing that got debated against causing the derail, hence the discussion between us(us as in me and of course Buu). What you're talking about is the topic you brought up, but clearly there was a discussion about Batman in this topic, hence me explaining what we were both talking about.

Checkmate, bitch.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 7:06 pm

Neither of those directors would remake The Exorcist well, because I'm not sure that either of them can do actual Horror. I'm not sure what directors there are that can make a decent horror film these days. Not in the same way at least. I'm not even sure horror films like The Exorcist can be effective anymore. I can't imagine it having the impact it did if it was released now.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 7:07 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Neither of those directors would remake The Exorcist well, because I'm not sure that either of them can do actual Horror. I'm not sure what directors there are that can make a decent horror film these days. Not in the same way at least. I'm not even sure horror films like The Exorcist can be effective anymore. I can't imagine it having the impact it did if it was released now.

The Exorcist can easily be shit scary if Burton signs on Johnny Depp to play as that girl.
Back to top Go down
Sol Badguy
East Blue Pirate Captain
Sol Badguy

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 8:53 pm

Sora wrote:

I never said anything about it not being a topic that got derailed, so correction, what YOU'RE discussing is the pro-gothic atmosphere in films worked on by suitable directors, what WE were discussing was Batman. I only brought up a thing that got debated against causing the derail, hence the discussion between us(us as in me and of course Buu). What you're talking about is the topic you brought up, but clearly there was a discussion about Batman in this topic, hence me explaining what we were both talking about.

Checkmate, bitch.

You do realize you are still defending your wrong point of view right?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:21 pm

So Sora's bitching about Nicholson's the Joker when Nicholson is basically the real life version of the Joker?

Yeah, I'm outta here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:32 pm

Tim Burton would turn the Exorcist into a Gothic clay motion musical, I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:44 pm

Which reminds me, when was the last time an actual good horror movie came out?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:46 pm

[REC] and The Orphanage were very good. [REC] is a shove-zombies-in-your-face-filmed-on-a-handicam type horror film, but it was good. The Orphanage is really just a ghost story rather than horror, but it was great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:48 pm

Aw you bitch. I was just about to mention rec.
Back to top Go down
Sol Badguy
East Blue Pirate Captain
Sol Badguy

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:59 pm

Shocked The fuck

I havent seen that

Thanks for the spoilers Faggot Sad
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 11:22 pm

Huh?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 12:10 am

i'd rather let sam raimi or peter jackson at exorcist
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 12:11 am

Didn't Sam Raimi do a horror film recently? How did that turn out?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 12:15 am

well he's a busy man apparently has been attached to 22 films in development right now >_>

and i think your talking about drag me to hell
from what i've heard most of the film was great but the ending cocks up and completely killed it
i think it just got gory or generic or something

but i still find the evil dead films entertaining

and brain dead is one of the most entertaining horror films ever and is just so wrong it gets funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 12:22 am

Quote :
from what i've heard most of the film was great but the ending cocks up and completely killed it

Yeah, it was kinda funny though.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 12:25 am

I don't need a remake of The Exorcist. The original is already the scariest shit I have ever seen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 12:36 am

When she shoved the cross in herself, I died laughing.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 12:38 am

the original omen trilogy will always be what disturbs me the most

that shit disturbs you when you watch it at a young age
exorcist didn't have the same effect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After some serious thoughts...   After some serious thoughts... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

After some serious thoughts...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next